Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Why are you recommending a dealer that is charging a $20k mark-up on all their M3s? Have they got you commission or something?
You don't have to get so riled up. I didn't know about the markup. Just had a good buying experience with a more pedestrian model.
Lol, I'm not riled up, no skin off my nose if they have a mark-up, but your comment about them wanting to negotiate more given they're an inland location is wildly off the mark, at least for their M3s
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 08:47 PM   #46
Hotflare
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 YMB M3 Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
Nope.Looks like any other black BMW on the road. Individual for the win.
Agreed. If youre spending that much building, 5k more to male it unique is more than worth it. I wanna spring for either SMB or MBB
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25085.00
Andrae26852.00
      04-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #47
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antzcrashing View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Not bad but not my cup of tea.

On a side note I'd recommend this dealer. They tend to negotiate more probably due to inland location. Got my mom's G05 X5 from here in a unique spec only their dealership had on the entire west coast.
Why are you recommending a dealer that is charging a $20k mark-up on all their M3s? Have they got you commission or something?
Lets do some math, car starts at 70k, add CF exterior pack 4k, CF bucket seats 4k, CF interior 1k, individual paint 5k, other stuff easily 3k. So tell me how 91k = ~86k + 20k (over msrp)? Or are we boycotting dealerships now bc they gouged the very first have-to-have it buyers?
Dude, they're not selling that car for $91k, they're selling it for $111k. Out the door in CA that would be over $120k. I could care less if they have a mark-up, but the person who buys it for that price is a fool.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #48
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On a side note I'd recommend this dealer. They tend to negotiate more probably due to inland location. Got my mom's G05 X5 from here in a unique spec only their dealership had on the entire west coast.
Lets do some math, car starts at 70k, add CF exterior pack 4k, CF bucket seats 4k, CF interior 1k, individual paint 5k, other stuff easily 3k. So tell me how 91k = ~86k + 20k (over msrp)? Or are we boycotting dealerships now bc they gouged the very first have-to-have it buyers?
Dude, they're not selling that car for $91k, they're selling it for $111k. Out the door in CA that would be over $120k. I could care less if they have a mark-up, but the person who buys it for that price is a fool.
Two have sold already. Saw it with my own eyes and yes I do agree with you on people buying at that price.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      04-13-2021, 09:05 PM   #49
antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So dealers list a car on autotrader with a price 20k less than what they will sell it for? Wow. I stand corrected. That is shit.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 09:16 PM   #50
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Two have sold already. Saw it with my own eyes and yes I do agree with you on people buying at that price.
G8X's in SoCal have sold with mark-up's between $8k-20k-ish. Of course it isn't listed that way on AutoTrader the same way it isn't generally listed that way on dealership websites. Many of the G8X's on the websites are already sold pre-orders. They still have to list them even though they aren't available for sale (...unless the buyer backs out upon arrival). With that said, this has been occurring since I began driving in 1992. I can even remember back when the '99 Honda Civic SI's were selling above sticker (...just like the current Type R's). It's a shit practice, but manufacturers offering sought after cars engage in this practice all of the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:20 PM   #51
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
G8X's in SoCal have sold with mark-up's between $8k-20k-ish. Of course it isn't listed that way on AutoTrader the same way it isn't generally listed that way on dealership websites. Many of the G8X's on the websites are already sold pre-orders. They still have to list them even though they aren't available for sale (...unless the buyer backs out upon arrival). With that said, this has been occurring since I began driving. I can even remember back when the '99 Honda Civic SI's were selling above sticker (...just like the current Type R's). It's a shit practice, but manufacturers offering sought after cars sold this all of the time.
Karma Baby...Karma!

It's just a question of time when the dealership showrooms are history but well deserved!

So annoying buying a BMW in California...
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:21 PM   #52
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Lol, I'm not riled up, no skin off my nose if they have a mark-up, but your comment about them wanting to negotiate more given they're an inland location is wildly off the mark, at least for their M3s
Context matters. I never claimed they negotiate on the G80 M3.

But give it a couple years and I'm sure they'll be more aggressive than most Southern California dealers.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:21 PM   #53
geroz1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI2 Manual

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by geroz1 View Post
Black or nothing
Nope.Looks like any other black BMW on the road. Individual for the win.
No matter that it looks like any other Bmw. Black is needed to hide 🐷 and tie in the bottom trim that is already black (otherwise looks like a Baja rally car)
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #54
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

G8X's in SoCal have sold with mark-up's between $8k-20k-ish. Of course it isn't listed that way on AutoTrader the same way it isn't generally listed that way on dealership websites. Many of the G8X's on the websites are already sold pre-orders. They still have to list them even though they aren't available for sale (...unless the buyer backs out upon arrival). With that said, this has been occurring since I began driving. I can even remember back when the '99 Honda Civic SI's were selling above sticker (...just like the current Type R's). It's a shit practice, but manufacturers offering sought after cars sold this all of the time.
I don't have any issue with them having mark-ups, they should sell for the highest possible price they can, but it does irk me when they purposefully misstate their price on their own website or auto trader. They're doing it to make it harder to comparison shop, and to try and reel people in and get them engaged
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      04-13-2021, 09:24 PM   #55
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
Karma Baby...Karma!

It's just a question of time when the dealership showrooms are history but well deserved!

So annoying buying a BMW in California...
When I bought my Range Rover back in 2014, I dealt exclusively with fleet and still couldn't escape the mark-up completely. I sold it a month later for $6000 more than I paid.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:26 PM   #56
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I don't have any issue with them having mark-ups, they should sell for the highest possible price they can, but it does irk me when they purposefully misstate their price on their own website or auto trader. They're doing it to make it harder to comparison shop, and to try and reel people in and get them engaged
I would just ask dealers what their mark-up is. Cut to the chase. At least Riverside will negotiate their mark-up amounts, unlike other dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:31 PM   #57
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
They still have to list them even though they aren't available for sale (...unless the buyer backs out upon arrival).
This is also partly because how the DMS (Dealer Management Systems) take in inventory and automatically share to the dealerships site and marketplaces like AutoTrader.

Cars that are already pre-sold usually don't have any pictures. Cars that are actually available will typically have pictures within a day or two.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      04-13-2021, 09:35 PM   #58
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
I would just ask dealers what their mark-up is. Cut to the chase. At least Riverside will negotiate their mark-up amounts, unlike other dealerships.
I've bought a few from Riverside (M2 and wife's X3 40) and was told by my SA that the General Sales Manager has said nothing leaves the show room under 20%. ESPECIALLY on a theoretical AWD allocation.

I know the two cars I bought aren't breaking the bank and others might have better luck with a longer history with them.

Could I make the trip up there and possibly negotiate? Sure. But why even waste my time?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      04-13-2021, 09:35 PM   #59
PARTS@STBMW
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BMW

Great color combo with the bucket seats!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 09:37 PM   #60
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
Quote:
I've bought a few from Riverside (M2 and wife's X3 40) and was told that the General Sales Manager has said nothing leaves the show room under 20%. I know those two cars aren't breaking the bank and others might have better luck.

Could I make the trip up there and possibly negotiate? Sure. But why even waste my time?
Ouch! I'm supposed to go there this Sunday. I'll let you know how I fare.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 10:16 PM   #61
Ejones4541
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP

Horrible.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 10:49 PM   #62
ghaffari46
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e90

The good news is...
It's stick shifts!
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 11:43 PM   #63
white2abbit
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cayman GT4

Digging this colour, but I would have gone with an Amaro Brown interior.
'20 BMW M2 Competition (6spd, Euro-delivered July '19)
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2021, 11:55 PM   #64
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSee View Post
Quote:
I've bought a few from Riverside (M2 and wife's X3 40) and was told that the General Sales Manager has said nothing leaves the show room under 20%. I know those two cars aren't breaking the bank and others might have better luck.

Ouch! I'm supposed to go there this Sunday. I'll let you know how I fare.
Ask for JR. Tell him Andrae referred you.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25085.00
      04-14-2021, 12:03 AM   #65
Tru Vic3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '18 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
Yuck. The new Diarrhea M3.
I like the color.. but this was funny 😭😭
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 12:04 AM   #66
BMWCompact
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ejones4541 View Post
Horrible.
Agreed. I can't imagine spending money on something that looks this bad.
Appreciate 1