BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

Closed Thread

08-24-2023, 12:05 PM   #23
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
I’ve never heard that 2 wrongs thing:-) Can’t wait to use that 1. Not proving anything to anyone. Was just being a douche. If you don’t think cell phone use in vehicles is probably the most dangerous thing on the road these days if not second? Not sure your brain is working correctl my friend. I wish you well. Hopefully I don’t get creamed by a couple Chads in their Beemers on a closed road today on my way home
No one thinks cell phone usage behind the wall isn't a problem. This video *also* shows a driver being shitty. These two things can be possible and we can complain about it. These guys are far from chads and anyone supporting them are on an equally low level.
Appreciate 1
s58548.00
      08-24-2023, 12:40 PM   #24
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
I was hoping getting away from Mopar would mean I'd stop seeing these takeover idiots. Especially going into the newer G chassis. But apparently they still exist even here. What a shame.

The problem with R44 participating in this, is that they are an official BRAND. Using a car they have their logo (as well as others like CSF) on there. That makes it seem "official" in the eyes of the people at the takeover. Which makes them more bold to doing it. It also makes the police and public think "well if official companies are doing it, it's part of the wider car culture". Which means they'll be more against ALL of us. Even the ones not misbehaving. Because we all get lumped together.

Being part of the car scene in LA, it fucking sucks. Because my car group, who is strictly against takeovers, deals with the fallout of it. Even when we're just chilling in a parking lot, local PD assumes we're doing bad shit, and it's because of shit like this is why. I can't even blame them for being suspicious. Once they find out we're not doing anything they leave us alone. But the fact we have to be EXTRA careful because of all these idiots doing takeovers is just sad.

Car culture is already struggling with all these new laws and regulations. Not to mention the push towards electric. Takeovers are accelerating the demise because more laws will be put in place to curb them. The problem is, those laws will affect the ones who aren't doing anything either.
Appreciate 8
KevinGS3372.50
Needsdecaf6807.50
tom @ eas8271.00
FloridaM5462.50
Toodalu606.50
bri10426094.50
s58548.00
Slowlives307.00
      08-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #25
christianb5s4
Captain
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

I've seen that YouTube ROCNYC channel pop up on my suggestions many times, and they do this often as far as shutting down this section of freeway for races. While I'm sure 99% of people get away with it, unfortunately for such a rare and instantly recognizable car, that makes for an easy target.
      08-24-2023, 01:56 PM   #26
christianb5s4
Captain
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
Which means they'll be more against ALL of us. Even the ones not misbehaving. Because we all get lumped together.

Being part of the car scene in LA, it fucking sucks. Because my car group, who is strictly against takeovers, deals with the fallout of it. Even when we're just chilling in a parking lot, local PD assumes we're doing bad shit, and it's because of shit like this is why. I can't even blame them for being suspicious. Once they find out we're not doing anything they leave us alone. But the fact we have to be EXTRA careful because of all these idiots doing takeovers is just sad.

Car culture is already struggling with all these new laws and regulations. Not to mention the push towards electric. Takeovers are accelerating the demise because more laws will be put in place to curb them. The problem is, those laws will affect the ones who aren't doing anything either.
100%. It puts a massive target on every enthusiast's back and those of us who are law abiding are far easier targets than those who aren't.

Especially when 'takeovers' are a bunch of people in clapped out cars who are the furthest thing from enthusiasts as it's possible to get and are only seeking attention.
Needsdecaf6807.50
MmmmmM22598.00
s58548.00
      08-24-2023, 05:51 PM   #27
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I’m all for having a little fun. Where I take issue is that when that family gets stuck in a dead wait because a street takeover decides to just happen, and there is a bona-fide emergency or urgent need to get somewhere and those crowd clowns decide to beat the living crap out of the family because of their stupid mob mentality.

But yeah. It’s cool.

Many of us do some questionable stuff. Some of us just need to personally draw the line at some point.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 06:06 PM   #28
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

People really need to stop pretending that wagons are cool.
Appreciate 1
DO4441410.50
      08-24-2023, 06:42 PM   #29
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
People really need to stop pretending that wagons are cool.
They are definitely cooler than the everyday M3/4 on the road!!! They will be a dime a dozen. Wagons will be few and far. That alone makes them cool.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 06:48 PM   #30
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

People need to stop having a problem with what other people think is cool just because they don't agree.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 07:45 PM   #31
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
People need to stop having a problem with what other people think is cool just because they don't agree.
Cool
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2023, 11:36 PM   #32
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Try worrying about all the fuckers on their cell phones. Now that is a problem for Everyone!!!You think older responsible people are not doing that shit!?! I’m sure your the one guy who says he doesn’t text or do something on his phone while driving. Great. There is NEVER a day I don’t drive and not see multiple cars swerving all over the fucking road, not giving 2 fucks about anything but their IG or Facebook nonsense. So you bitch about 1 street race and I will bitch about the real problem. I have to run. Taking
My 1300 WHP GTR out to smack some
Fools on the highway 😂😘
I almost never do this, but I’m going to agree with G for this one post. Just this one. I’m not making a habit of it, I swear.

In all reality, this is a very minor event that minorly inconvenienced a few people for a few moments.

I don’t agree with it, and they should have done this somewhere else or at night.

But, G has a point (can’t believe I wrote that) in that, this pales in comparison to the actual problems on the road. Yea r44 was kinda dickish for a moment I agree, but do we really care about this?

I don’t know if I do.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 12:54 AM   #33
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

I should clarify some things here to provide a bit of context and perspective as an NYC dweller.

That bit of the highway that was blocked off is blocked off quite often by a group of people that regularly drag race there. It was not coordinated by or for R44's G81, they just happened to be there and were given a chance to race from a dig.

In NYC, this is a common occurrence. This road was going to be closed whether their G81 was going to be there or not. The video that was captured just happened to become popular because it's an extremely rare car to see in the USA, and because the owner of the car is somewhat known in our little community.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 05:23 AM   #34
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
I almost never do this, but I’m going to agree with G for this one post. Just this one. I’m not making a habit of it, I swear.

In all reality, this is a very minor event that minorly inconvenienced a few people for a few moments.

I don’t agree with it, and they should have done this somewhere else or at night.

But, G has a point (can’t believe I wrote that) in that, this pales in comparison to the actual problems on the road. Yea r44 was kinda dickish for a moment I agree, but do we really care about this?

I don’t know if I do.
Ditto. I finally have see a post of
Yours that was worth reading🦄🦄. Try and make it more than once a year ninja. Just breaking balls brother. I have nothing but love for all my forum homies. Have a good weekend
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 05:40 AM   #35
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
So glad you wrote this.
Now I can go back to thinking you’re [censored].

Wagons are the biggest fucking disaster on the eyes that ever graced the roads of Earth. Anyone who likes them should be institutionalized, permanently.

Because, that large of a character flaw, actually openly liking something that hideous, makes you irredeemable.
See. This is you:-) just cause I like fat chicks, doesn’t make that wrong. You say in 1 post people are to serious, then you almost lose your mind about a wagon whatever meds you are abusing, please send some to Philly. I would like to partake this weekend. I’m on the other side of the wagons than you. If you don’t think their cool, you must be a snapper head. 😘 In all honesty, I couldn’t give 2 fucks what other people think about anything. I wish more people would take that mindset as well. ❤️❤️❤️
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 07:47 AM   #36
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Quote:
See. This is you:-) just cause I like fat chicks, doesn’t make that wrong. You say in 1 post people are to serious, then you almost lose your mind about a wagon whatever meds you are abusing, please send some to Philly. I would like to partake this weekend. I’m on the other side of the wagons than you. If you don’t think their cool, you must be a snapper head. 😘 In all honesty, I couldn’t give 2 fucks what other people think about anything. I wish more people would take that mindset as well. ❤️❤️❤️
I was just kidding with you.
Take it easy.

Those wagons are hideous however.

Also, don’t live in Commiefornia.
Problem solved. They should not do that, I agree. But CA is not a good example of appropriate use of police resources lol.
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2023, 02:20 PM   #37
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Since when is shutting freeways down a 'minor inconvenience?'

The problem is - these people are not arrested and aren't prosecuted. If you shut down a freeway - throw them in jail for a year. It's not like they are productive members of society anyways
Appreciate 2
      08-25-2023, 05:05 PM   #38
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
Okay so I'm not exactly sure how any of this has to do with politics (liberal or conservative) both sides are equally obnoxious.

Anyways, moving on from that. It's not a "minor inconvenience". I'm sorry but I have places to be and shit to do. Getting stuck behind a takeover is obnoxious. Not to mention what if someone who is an actual emergency is stuck behind it? Or an ambulance/firetruck? "Sorry, get over it. We're just being selfish dumbasses."

It goes beyond that as well. Cops are now more wary of ALL modified cars and we are under a microscope just by having the cars. Whether or not we're involved in takeovers/shutdowns, but absolutely because of them. Be it here in California, or down in Texas where my friend is saying the same thing is happening to them there.
I guess you missed the memo but this is running rampant in your neck of the woods...maybe your puppet district attorney will growth a pair and throw them in jail?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2023, 05:11 PM   #39
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
I guess you missed the memo but this is running rampant in your neck of the woods...maybe your puppet district attorney will growth a pair and throw them in jail?
That's kind of my point. It's a problem lmao. But it's nationwide as well. Be it Chicago, New York, the big cities in Texas, Atlanta, Florida cities. Etc. It's everywhere and it's a problem. I will say it has toned down a bit since they really started cracking down on it here (started being punishable by impounds and jail time). But still a lot of work needs to be done
Appreciate 2
Tyga113257.50
Toodalu606.50
Closed Thread