BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

01-25-2022, 08:03 PM   #463
razman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Cane View Post
Right behind you, Feb 11th will be three months for me. What are we supposed to do? Wake up every day and check my garage? Every week? When do we just give up?
That's easy. Cane, your car will exit QC on Feb. 7th. Bruce, yours on Feb. 4. Given that, no need to check My Garage until then.

Obviously I'm full of shit but just pretend I know what I'm saying and save yourself the agony of checking everyday until then. You'll be happier for it.
Appreciate 4
'Cane8535.50
benjos123241.50
bruce911_223.00
ATX_M3185.50
      01-25-2022, 08:26 PM   #464
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
Quote:
Right behind you, Feb 11th will be three months for me. What are we supposed to do? Wake up every day and check my garage? Every week? When do we just give up?
That's easy. Cane, your car will exit QC on Feb. 7th. Bruce, yours on Feb. 4. Given that, no need to check My Garage until then.

Obviously I'm full of shit but just pretend I know what I'm saying and save yourself the agony of checking everyday until then. You'll be happier for it.
Does anybody know where these Ram modules are made? Is it China? China just entered New Years and China is essentially closed for the next 12 days… wishing luck to everyone. I have been at port waiting for the Ram Module since December 15th.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:51 PM   #465
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4

Quote:
I think about giving up all the time but I don’t know what I would be happy with as a replacement (and what’s available). Kind of stuck. I do love my current M4 but the miles are getting pretty high. And yes I do check every single day. Wish I could just forget about it for now.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00
      01-25-2022, 10:00 PM   #466
m4ml
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4CX BSM (Xpel Stealth)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce911_ View Post
I think about giving up all the time but I don’t know what I would be happy with as a replacement (and what’s available). Kind of stuck. I do love my current M4 but the miles are getting pretty high. And yes I do check every single day. Wish I could just forget about it for now.
I'm in the exact same boat... I still love my 2017 F82, but I'm sooooo looking forward to my xDrive G82. And all the while I'm putting miles on my current M4. I had a dealer trade-in quote at 29k miles, and now I have 33k miles. I'm concerned that they're not going to honor their trade-in quote. But, at the same time used car prices have continued to climb so it might just zero out.
Appreciate 1
'Cane8535.50
      01-25-2022, 10:05 PM   #467
benjos123
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3C G80

Got my hands on this. Thoughts?

This is an internal message from bmw to dealers.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:15 PM   #468
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjos123 View Post
Got my hands on this. Thoughts?

This is an internal message from bmw to dealers.
A lot of us that are stuck in QC are waiting for CID (Center Information Display), and apparently it's not as big a priority. We'll also have to deal with RAM/Amp when/if they ever ship our cars.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 10:47 PM   #469
adr_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 Comp RWD Oxide Grey

For those of you had managed to clear QC in the past week, have any stop sales come up? I'm now dispatched from the factory and in the clear so far but just curious at what point those might show up if they do.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 11:48 PM   #470
jwt2440
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4 - 6MT Triple Black

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by razman View Post
While your individual dealer and CA are indeed left clueless, BMW corporate obviously knows why your car (and the scores of others like it) is not moving. You're not being told the reason because they know you will be even more irate if you found out. So why tell you?

And, yes, the reason comes down to money. It's more cost effective to bmw to supply the cars coming off the line with the missing parts and get them out the door than it is to prepare and move those cars into storage just to get yours out first. Your car will get it's missing parts too in time with any leftovers not needed on the factory floor. Don't you feel special!
I agree, of course BMW knows and they are withholding information. You are probably correct with your assessment as to what’s going on. Now the question is how long do we have to wait. On February 8th it will be 3 months since my car has been in QC.
3 months in QC is insanity. Why won't your dealer give you the next build they have in hand, at least you are moving forward? I'm sure they will be able to sell your original car in a heartbeat if it ever gets out of QC. At this point week 4 cars are moving to awaiting dispatch.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:27 AM   #471
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
I officially regret trying to purchase a G80 M3. I have not cancelled my order but after my interaction with a BMW "case manager" yesterday, I almost did. I want to just vent and share my current scenario and what is making me seriously consider giving up on the order mostly out of frustration with BMW more than anything else.

It has been 230 days since my order hit the "Order accepted" status. My build was originally scheduled for Week 27, then pushed to Week 35, 36, 46, and then finally built on November 16. On November 19 it went into QC like everyone else's in this thread and it has been stuck there ever since.

I have wasted hours on hold with BMW Genius and BMW's customer service. I've written polite emails asking for just a general status and expectation of what is going on. I am certain my poor CA is sick of hearing from me.

On January 4th, I wrote an email to the BMW customer service line, outlining the details of my process and all the severe unexplained delays. I simply asked why my car was in QC for so many weeks, what is the expectation on when the vehicle will be out of QC, and if they could share any details on where my car was being stored all this time due to the potential environmental impact on the paint and now potential tire impact due to long term storage.

On January 11, I received an email response saying that an individual tried to call me and they left a phone number and extension and said if I still "need assistance" to reach out and leave a voicemail with some details. I did not see any missed call and I immediately tried to call back at the sight of the email. I left a voicemail with the information on my vehicle and my phone number, as requested. I responded to the email as well. I never heard back.

After a few days of random attempts at the phone number and extension, I tried to skip the extension and wait in the general hold queue. I wasted hours doing this. I never got through and the automated "we will hold your place in line and call you back" failed three times. The hold your place finally worked yesterday. After a 35min wait on the phone and a 2 hour wait off the phone, I got a call back.

My conversation with this person was brief. They looked up my information and said "oh I see you already have a case manager, let me see if I can get in touch with them"... to no surprise, the case manager was not available. They said they'd have them call me to which I said I've yet to hear from them even after my voicemail and emails reaching out. Turns out, someone put a bad phone number on my file and they were not actually using my BMW profile/account information to try to reach me. The number wasn't even close outside of the area code.

That evening the case manager contacted me and the chat was about as fruitless as you'd expect. They literally said they just wanted to try to talk to me on the phone to tell me that they had no real news to share with me. They couldn't even put this in an email but instead I had to chase them down to get nothing. OK... well... I still decided to ask my questions. The person was rather dismissive and so my normal calm demeanor when trying to use honey to catch more flies turned into a triggered pissed off tone after I got cut off for the 4th time mid-question.

I learned nothing new about my car. I did learn that there were approximately 6,000 vehicles at the VPC awaiting RAM modules but that was just something they randomly said when talking over me and it had nothing specific to do with my order. I also learned that they have not heard anything at all from BMW in regards to offering anything to customers as incentives or from a brand retention or "make right" gestures to folks dealing with this.

At this point all they were willing and seemingly able to share with me was that any time the customer service team asks "them" about orders like this, they get very irritated at the customer service team and tell them to stop asking and they never give any new information. This case manager refused to explain who "them" was other than indicating it was the people who can get specific details on the cars in the order process.

I then reached out to my CA just to share the absolute hilariously terrible interaction I had with the "Customer Relations and Services Representative" because not only were they dismissive and borderline rude before I got pissed off on the call, this case manager said what you might all guess at the end of the call... that "for the most up to date and accurate information you should reach out to your dealership and client advisor". Of course. What's worse is they threw in a nice little "you shouldn't believe what you read online about the process but listen to the dealership".... yeah I hung up quickly after that before saying anything I shouldn't.

So I told my CA that it doesn't sound like BMW is willing to tell us anything. He said he has asked his own management team every other week and they are sick of hearing the questions as well because they also can't get any answers. Great... so everyone at the dealership and at BMW corporate are sick of us wanting to just have answers. Good to know.

I then inquired to my CA if the dealership, on behalf of the brand or just as a good will gesture, would be willing to do anything to offset the loss of interest rates and the PenFed incentive. Combined, I'm estimating somewhere between paying $5-6k more over the length of a loan if I were to finance due to losing out on incentives that I would have reasonably been expected to use within the 2021 calendar year since my order was submitted in June. I was thinking of anything like them talking to BMWFS about honoring the 0.9% interest rates versus 1.9% to service options I'm expecting after delivery like window tinting and likely a paint correction since they own a body shop down the road. In short, they aren't keen on any incentives at all. It was a nonstarter.

I'm going to try one last conversation with a sales manager at the dealership myself just to see what the hell they might say about this experience. The absolute unwillingness for anyone in a leadership position at the dealership or at BMW corporate to seemingly give a shit to set the most basic of expectations and dismiss any concerns is wild to me considering how many people are impacted. The worst part is, I'm sure the dealership would be happy if I walked away so they can just call up someone in their queue and offer them the build well over MSRP, even though it was a custom individual order with my options.

So yeah... long story... rant over...
TL;DR: BMW corporate and dealership both don't seem to really give a shit that we're in this situation. Going to talk to sales manager before I decide if I actually pull the plug.

In the meantime I picked up a 2020 Mustang GT and some parts to play with and I'm eyeballing other options than the G80. Everyone in the industry is having production issues, but even companies where I read about delays in production and delivery are being open/honest about the problems. The silence on this issue is deafening to me right now.
mjbernatz209.00
LSP72.00
      01-26-2022, 06:04 AM   #472
ATX_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Current, G80 Comp - IOMG, Form

^^this post sums it up for me also. I'm starting the process to buy my F80 off lease and I'll try again later. Maybe with a G80, more likely with something else…

Further confirmation: the week 4 cars are moving out of QC and headed to port.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 07:24 AM   #473
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post
I officially regret trying to purchase a G80 M3. I have not cancelled my order but after my interaction with a BMW "case manager" yesterday, I almost did. I want to just vent and share my current scenario and what is making me seriously consider giving up on the order mostly out of frustration with BMW more than anything else.

It has been 230 days since my order hit the "Order accepted" status. My build was originally scheduled for Week 27, then pushed to Week 35, 36, 46, and then finally built on November 16. On November 19 it went into QC like everyone else's in this thread and it has been stuck there ever since.

I have wasted hours on hold with BMW Genius and BMW's customer service. I've written polite emails asking for just a general status and expectation of what is going on. I am certain my poor CA is sick of hearing from me.

On January 4th, I wrote an email to the BMW customer service line, outlining the details of my process and all the severe unexplained delays. I simply asked why my car was in QC for so many weeks, what is the expectation on when the vehicle will be out of QC, and if they could share any details on where my car was being stored all this time due to the potential environmental impact on the paint and now potential tire impact due to long term storage.

On January 11, I received an email response saying that an individual tried to call me and they left a phone number and extension and said if I still "need assistance" to reach out and leave a voicemail with some details. I did not see any missed call and I immediately tried to call back at the sight of the email. I left a voicemail with the information on my vehicle and my phone number, as requested. I responded to the email as well. I never heard back.

After a few days of random attempts at the phone number and extension, I tried to skip the extension and wait in the general hold queue. I wasted hours doing this. I never got through and the automated "we will hold your place in line and call you back" failed three times. The hold your place finally worked yesterday. After a 35min wait on the phone and a 2 hour wait off the phone, I got a call back.

My conversation with this person was brief. They looked up my information and said "oh I see you already have a case manager, let me see if I can get in touch with them"... to no surprise, the case manager was not available. They said they'd have them call me to which I said I've yet to hear from them even after my voicemail and emails reaching out. Turns out, someone put a bad phone number on my file and they were not actually using my BMW profile/account information to try to reach me. The number wasn't even close outside of the area code.

That evening the case manager contacted me and the chat was about as fruitless as you'd expect. They literally said they just wanted to try to talk to me on the phone to tell me that they had no real news to share with me. They couldn't even put this in an email but instead I had to chase them down to get nothing. OK... well... I still decided to ask my questions. The person was rather dismissive and so my normal calm demeanor when trying to use honey to catch more flies turned into a triggered pissed off tone after I got cut off for the 4th time mid-question.

I learned nothing new about my car. I did learn that there were approximately 6,000 vehicles at the VPC awaiting RAM modules but that was just something they randomly said when talking over me and it had nothing specific to do with my order. I also learned that they have not heard anything at all from BMW in regards to offering anything to customers as incentives or from a brand retention or "make right" gestures to folks dealing with this.

At this point all they were willing and seemingly able to share with me was that any time the customer service team asks "them" about orders like this, they get very irritated at the customer service team and tell them to stop asking and they never give any new information. This case manager refused to explain who "them" was other than indicating it was the people who can get specific details on the cars in the order process.

I then reached out to my CA just to share the absolute hilariously terrible interaction I had with the "Customer Relations and Services Representative" because not only were they dismissive and borderline rude before I got pissed off on the call, this case manager said what you might all guess at the end of the call... that "for the most up to date and accurate information you should reach out to your dealership and client advisor". Of course. What's worse is they threw in a nice little "you shouldn't believe what you read online about the process but listen to the dealership".... yeah I hung up quickly after that before saying anything I shouldn't.

So I told my CA that it doesn't sound like BMW is willing to tell us anything. He said he has asked his own management team every other week and they are sick of hearing the questions as well because they also can't get any answers. Great... so everyone at the dealership and at BMW corporate are sick of us wanting to just have answers. Good to know.

I then inquired to my CA if the dealership, on behalf of the brand or just as a good will gesture, would be willing to do anything to offset the loss of interest rates and the PenFed incentive. Combined, I'm estimating somewhere between paying $5-6k more over the length of a loan if I were to finance due to losing out on incentives that I would have reasonably been expected to use within the 2021 calendar year since my order was submitted in June. I was thinking of anything like them talking to BMWFS about honoring the 0.9% interest rates versus 1.9% to service options I'm expecting after delivery like window tinting and likely a paint correction since they own a body shop down the road. In short, they aren't keen on any incentives at all. It was a nonstarter.

I'm going to try one last conversation with a sales manager at the dealership myself just to see what the hell they might say about this experience. The absolute unwillingness for anyone in a leadership position at the dealership or at BMW corporate to seemingly give a shit to set the most basic of expectations and dismiss any concerns is wild to me considering how many people are impacted. The worst part is, I'm sure the dealership would be happy if I walked away so they can just call up someone in their queue and offer them the build well over MSRP, even though it was a custom individual order with my options.

So yeah... long story... rant over...
TL;DR: BMW corporate and dealership both don't seem to really give a shit that we're in this situation. Going to talk to sales manager before I decide if I actually pull the plug.

In the meantime I picked up a 2020 Mustang GT and some parts to play with and I'm eyeballing other options than the G80. Everyone in the industry is having production issues, but even companies where I read about delays in production and delivery are being open/honest about the problems. The silence on this issue is deafening to me right now.
I can't imagine the dealer likes this any better than you do, especially your CA who won't earn one cent until you take delivery of the car, if ever.

Try asking the CA to ask the GM or get the GM on the phone and ask if there is a dealer advisory board. Often manufacturers have dealer advisory boards, those people have contacts in the corporate structure and access to information that may not be commonplace. These people may not have any answers either but may have some additional insight as to the current situation with the factory.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 08:54 AM   #474
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I can't imagine the dealer likes this any better than you do, especially your CA who won't earn one cent until you take delivery of the car, if ever.

Try asking the CA to ask the GM or get the GM on the phone and ask if there is a dealer advisory board. Often manufacturers have dealer advisory boards, those people have contacts in the corporate structure and access to information that may not be commonplace. These people may not have any answers either but may have some additional insight as to the current situation with the factory.
I appreciate the suggestion. When I talk with someone in person I'll be sure to ask about that.

I can't say enough how much my CA has been great from day 1. For me, day 1 was the moment the first G8x models hit dealership lots in March 2021. I talked with them, went on a test drive, and walked out of there telling the CA that I will put down whatever down payment money they want to hold the first xDrive allocation they get. We just didn't realize that the first allocation was cursed. I told them if I do decide to pull the plug I plan to make sure they get some notice outside of the dealership to see if they can slot the replacement buyer for for themselves and not lose the sale. Sadly, had I just waited to see and drive an xDrive in person before ordering, I might actually have a car by now or at least see it headed to port.

My concern with dealerships is that, when they indicate that they value relationships, you'd think they would make it seem like they are escalating the issue, trying to get answers, or otherwise just trying to find a way to make the situation better on behalf of the customer. I don't just mean the CA here, but I'm talking about the sales management team and the resources available to the dealership as a whole (advisory board, as an example). The CA shouldn't have their own leadership team get frustrated at attempts to get answers or help for the customers in situations like this... yet here we are.

The way I see it, the dealership may not like that they can't complete their +1 sale/transaction as quickly as they would want, but I do not believe they see this as their problem to solve and they don't have a large incentive to do help. Also, partly due to market conditions I am sure, they are not keen on offering any sort of dealership driven incentives as well... not even service offerings that they have resources for.

Usually in these situations the only leverage a customer has is to walk away. That might hurt the CA but not the dealership in any real way. The dealership won't get their +1 sale until BMW finishes the car, regardless of who the customer is. As a customer it is just icing on a shit cake that the dealership could immediately replace folks like myself with another buyer at a higher price point. I question right now if they see that as a higher value proposition than "building relationships" in this market.

Right now I'm just voicing/venting all my frustration and calling it like I see it but whatever immediate anger I had after my call with the "case manager" is gone. I'm still going to see if the dealership sales management team is willing to do anything in the name of reputation building or perhaps on behalf of the brand as a whole to help me eat that shit cake, but I'm afraid that in the current market conditions they won't even offer a bottle of water in their lobby at this point.

The reality is that if you're fortunate enough to be in the market for a car like this, you're likely in a good position in life and this is not something you truly need. I could very easily walk away and not hurt my quality of life. Hell, I've picked up a Mustang to have fun with and they are sure as hell a lot cheaper to own and modify, so that has been a fun unexpected benefit. I'm hoping my fun with that car will tide me over until the G80 actually arrives. However, if I do end up getting jaded with BMW or the dealership to the point that I pull the plug on this order, I can almost guarantee that will put an end to all future BMW purchases for me. Fool me once and all that...
      01-26-2022, 09:30 AM   #475
edofloat
Captain
Rep
Drives: Outback or 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post
I appreciate the suggestion. When I talk with someone in person I'll be sure to ask about that.

I can't say enough how much my CA has been great from day 1. For me, day 1 was the moment the first G8x models hit dealership lots in March 2021. I talked with them, went on a test drive, and walked out of there telling the CA that I will put down whatever down payment money they want to hold the first xDrive allocation they get. We just didn't realize that the first allocation was cursed. I told them if I do decide to pull the plug I plan to make sure they get some notice outside of the dealership to see if they can slot the replacement buyer for for themselves and not lose the sale. Sadly, had I just waited to see and drive an xDrive in person before ordering, I might actually have a car by now or at least see it headed to port.

My concern with dealerships is that, when they indicate that they value relationships, you'd think they would make it seem like they are escalating the issue, trying to get answers, or otherwise just trying to find a way to make the situation better on behalf of the customer. I don't just mean the CA here, but I'm talking about the sales management team and the resources available to the dealership as a whole (advisory board, as an example). The CA shouldn't have their own leadership team get frustrated at attempts to get answers or help for the customers in situations like this... yet here we are.

The way I see it, the dealership may not like that they can't complete their +1 sale/transaction as quickly as they would want, but I do not believe they see this as their problem to solve and they don't have a large incentive to do help. Also, partly due to market conditions I am sure, they are not keen on offering any sort of dealership driven incentives as well... not even service offerings that they have resources for.

Usually in these situations the only leverage a customer has is to walk away. That might hurt the CA but not the dealership in any real way. The dealership won't get their +1 sale until BMW finishes the car, regardless of who the customer is. As a customer it is just icing on a shit cake that the dealership could immediately replace folks like myself with another buyer at a higher price point. I question right now if they see that as a higher value proposition than "building relationships" in this market.

Right now I'm just voicing/venting all my frustration and calling it like I see it but whatever immediate anger I had after my call with the "case manager" is gone. I'm still going to see if the dealership sales management team is willing to do anything in the name of reputation building or perhaps on behalf of the brand as a whole to help me eat that shit cake, but I'm afraid that in the current market conditions they won't even offer a bottle of water in their lobby at this point.

The reality is that if you're fortunate enough to be in the market for a car like this, you're likely in a good position in life and this is not something you truly need. I could very easily walk away and not hurt my quality of life. Hell, I've picked up a Mustang to have fun with and they are sure as hell a lot cheaper to own and modify, so that has been a fun unexpected benefit. I'm hoping my fun with that car will tide me over until the G80 actually arrives. However, if I do end up getting jaded with BMW or the dealership to the point that I pull the plug on this order, I can almost guarantee that will put an end to all future BMW purchases for me. Fool me once and all that...
Over the years one thing I have seen many times is that the factory will do more for you the customer than the dealer. For example, they may not tell the dealer anything and then a customer calls in and gets some assistance. Obviously, in this case, that hasn't happened, I am not defending the dealer but have seen a lot of head-scratchers.

What I do know right now is the factory reps may not directly lie to the dealer but will keep stonewalling nonetheless. I have seen this happen a lot lately and it is super frustrating.

The only thing I can think of as to why the factory might do this is that they somehow think the customer can just be strung along so they don't buy a different brand. This makes no sense because at some point people get pissed and now they have an unrepairable relationship that may not buy anything from them ever again.

Don't get me started with short-sighted managers and CA's, eventually, they will need the customer they just pissed off again and actually have to work hard. Dealership people need to stop being lazy and advocate for you and EVERY customer. They don't have to be assholes to their reps, but it is okay to hold them accountable for answers in a tactful way.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 10:24 AM   #476
bruce911_
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4ml View Post
I'm in the exact same boat... I still love my 2017 F82, but I'm sooooo looking forward to my xDrive G82. And all the while I'm putting miles on my current M4. I had a dealer trade-in quote at 29k miles, and now I have 33k miles. I'm concerned that they're not going to honor their trade-in quote. But, at the same time used car prices have continued to climb so it might just zero out.
I wouldn’t worry too much about your mileage situation. Your car is well below average mileage for a 2017. My case is a little different. I had 97k miles on my car when I placed my order and now I’m at 108k. Didn’t think I would have it this long nut no choice at this time. Who knows when and if I ever get my car.
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00
      01-26-2022, 10:49 AM   #477
Garycoral
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60 / 45e

Quote:
I wouldn’t worry too much about your mileage situation. Your car is well below average mileage for a 2017. My case is a little different. I had 97k miles on my car when I placed my order and now I’m at 108k. Didn’t think I would have it this long nut no choice at this time. Who knows when and if I ever get my car.
You're both better of than me... In QC since 11/3 and I pre-traded my C8 in Mid-October so I'm borrowing a friends '73 SL450 (Shaky ride).
Appreciate 1
m4ml1834.00
      01-26-2022, 10:51 AM   #478
'Cane
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garycoral View Post
Quote:
You're both better of than me... In QC since 11/3 and I pre-traded my C8 in Mid-October so I'm borrowing a friends '73 SL450 (Shaky ride).
Yeah, sold my M8 in September, I'm using my sister's Ford Escape (2018), it's a shock to my system, but probably better than a 1973 MB.
Appreciate 3
m4ml1834.00
      01-26-2022, 11:08 AM   #479
c3j3gable
Enlisted Member
Rep

I traded my M2C in Oct, was in 155 QC for 60+ days, now I'm in 182 for going on 10 days. I live 2 hours from Munich, I should have the car a few days after 155.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 12:09 PM   #480
djpapeleta
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Yeah, sold my M8 in September, I'm using my sister's Ford Escape (2018), it's a shock to my system, but probably better than a 1973 MB.
I with both of ya. I sold my M4 in December and have been a 1 car family driving my wife's Jeep Gladiator. It was a pain because she couldn't go no where while I drove to work. I ended up loving the Jeep while driving over snow so I decided to buy me a used 2007 Wrangler so that is my daily now and when the G83 gets here I wont need winter tires. Also the Jeep is a fun off roading SUV so there's that.
Appreciate 2
m4ml1834.00
      01-26-2022, 12:20 PM   #481
DonJuan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G82 M4, F15 X5, F30 328d, E30

Quote:
Feb 9 will be three months for me too....I have come to terms with myself that it will be here when it gets here. I really don't have an urgency for the car. It will get here at some point and I will celebrate then, for now I'll just sit tight and wait.

How long is too long? That's for each of us to decide.
Appreciate 2
      01-26-2022, 12:33 PM   #482
mjbernatz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 4.0

I sent a note to my dealership's General Sales Manager to share my appreciation for his CA's. I truly appreciated his reply, which is as follows:

"First, thank you very much for the kind words in regard to my two teammates Jon and Shawn. It has been one of the most unique times in the automotive industry and we’re all trying to navigate it with the best level of professionalism possible. My biggest pet peeve is definitely communication and the lack thereof at the moment from BMW AG.

I did reach out to our regional rep whom has all the direct ties with all components of the process and he knew all about your vehicle and your circumstance. He mentioned it was escalated and that employees at BMWNA are also aware and engaged. He mentioned it was tied to the Central Display units and a syphoning of received units for produced cars and cars currently in production while managing the shortage. I think I heard that most cars were delayed 3-4 months while in “Quality Check,” seeing that your vehicle has been in “production” since November, the time should be arriving shortly. We apologize on a store level a great deal and if we had concrete data to provide we surely would in an expedited manner. Below is a screenshot of our internal tracker and it doesn’t look like anything has changed as of this exact moment. So fingers crossed it moves along shortly.

That being said, I have recently met with BMW NA at Spartanburg and we did discuss the amount of QC they do on any cars sitting at the factory/port and they guarantee that tires, rotors, and exterior paint are re-inspected to ensure no corrosion, flat spots OR paint imperfections. Not only will BMW inspect it, when the car crosses the ocean and is released to carrier I will receive a notification prior to arrival and I will send Jon/Shawn and our recon team to inspect it immediately after its off the truck as to make sure if anything is not the way it supposed to be we address it prior to delivery!"
Appreciate 7
adr_M3368.50
yousefnjr6159.00
'Cane8535.50
gohawks23426.00
LSP72.00
Macheins282.50
      01-26-2022, 12:48 PM   #483
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbernatz View Post
I sent a note to my dealership's General Sales Manager to share my appreciation for his CA's. I truly appreciated his reply, which is as follows:

"First, thank you very much for the kind words in regard to my two teammates Jon and Shawn. It has been one of the most unique times in the automotive industry and we’re all trying to navigate it with the best level of professionalism possible. My biggest pet peeve is definitely communication and the lack thereof at the moment from BMW AG.

I did reach out to our regional rep whom has all the direct ties with all components of the process and he knew all about your vehicle and your circumstance. He mentioned it was escalated and that employees at BMWNA are also aware and engaged. He mentioned it was tied to the Central Display units and a syphoning of received units for produced cars and cars currently in production while managing the shortage. I think I heard that most cars were delayed 3-4 months while in “Quality Check,” seeing that your vehicle has been in “production” since November, the time should be arriving shortly. We apologize on a store level a great deal and if we had concrete data to provide we surely would in an expedited manner. Below is a screenshot of our internal tracker and it doesn’t look like anything has changed as of this exact moment. So fingers crossed it moves along shortly.

That being said, I have recently met with BMW NA at Spartanburg and we did discuss the amount of QC they do on any cars sitting at the factory/port and they guarantee that tires, rotors, and exterior paint are re-inspected to ensure no corrosion, flat spots OR paint imperfections. Not only will BMW inspect it, when the car crosses the ocean and is released to carrier I will receive a notification prior to arrival and I will send Jon/Shawn and our recon team to inspect it immediately after its off the truck as to make sure if anything is not the way it supposed to be we address it prior to delivery!"
Sounds like a very legitimate and proper response. It’s clear they don’t have the info to pass on, but at least he communicated it to you. Not sure what else you can ask for him to do.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 01:45 PM   #484
meechy6ix0
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M4 MT

Just wanted to chime in with my thoughts.

This is just another situation of "the show must go on".

The reality is, we are already delayed, and some of us are already upset and disappointed with this process. If I ran BMW, I would also prioritize current production over back orders as well. It is not worth it to appease us with the consequence of domino effect delaying everyone after us. It's better to chop off your arm to stop the infection from spreading, or in better words to really piss of 1 or 2 than to sour all 10 customers.

With that being said, the communication can be more clear. However, given how righteous customers are, how would a lot of us respond to being told the reality of things? I guess the pros and cons of transparent communication is up for debate. I don't mind either way.

Lastly, BMW can make up for it by making sure all of us who are delayed get the incentives and rates that we signed up for. Additional compensation would be great, but at the base level, we need to at least get our promised pricing.

I'm not upset, that's just how the world works. But on my end, the reality for BMW is that I now have two Hellcats on order(dealerships are aware of my reasons and will be happy to sell them to someone else if I cancel) with an expected delivery of 6-7 months in the off chance that my G82 doesn't beat those cars here. I can't wait for my first M, but I'm not taking delivery on a 2022 when 2023 cars are about to hit the lots. I'm hoping she somehow makes it out of QC so I can finally experience an M.
Appreciate 0