BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

03-03-2024, 07:07 AM   #1
MartinS
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 x-drive

IDrive 7 and BimmerCode

I’ve tried searching and read most I’ve found but can really find an answer to my question.

I’ve tried to code two things.
•Auto Start/Stop
•ASD

I’ve tried to set auto start/stop to memory and also to completely disable it. But every time I go from sport to efficiency, l then auto start/stop I ON again. 🤯 Is this what to expect or did I miss some coding? On my F82 it was so easy.

And when I deactivate ASD it says coded but I hear no difference, still speaker noise.

Car is build 7/2022.
      03-03-2024, 11:00 AM   #2
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
I’ve tried searching and read most I’ve found but can really find an answer to my question.

I’ve tried to code two things.
•Auto Start/Stop
•ASD

I’ve tried to set auto start/stop to memory and also to completely disable it. But every time I go from sport to efficiency, l then auto start/stop I ON again. 🤯 Is this what to expect or did I miss some coding? On my F82 it was so easy.

And when I deactivate ASD it says coded but I hear no difference, still speaker noise.

Car is build 7/2022.
Your car should remember your last auto start/stop setting, mine does. I’m not sure what you mean by “But every time I go from sport to efficiency..”. There are a lot of settings. What does that mean exactly? Go back to the defaults? Regardless, I’m surprised you need to code it at all. Please explain what you mean.

As far as ASD coding, you need to go into activation code and deactivate the activation code.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
MartinS312.00
      03-03-2024, 11:30 AM   #3
MartinS
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 x-drive

“But every time I go from sport to efficiency..”. There are a lot of settings. What does that mean exactly? Go back to the defaults? Regardless, I’m surprised you need to code it at all. Please explain what you mean.

Everytime I start the car it is in engine mode = efficiency with ASS turned ON. I then turn ASS OFF.

I press the M1 button where I have set the engine mode = sport. ASS is always OFF in sport. Drive around for at while and press the M1 again. Then it goes back to efficiency and now the ASS is ON again. Shouldn’t it remember that I turned it OFF before?
      03-03-2024, 11:36 AM   #4
jimbethesda
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
“But every time I go from sport to efficiency..”. There are a lot of settings. What does that mean exactly? Go back to the defaults? Regardless, I’m surprised you need to code it at all. Please explain what you mean.

Everytime I start the car it is in engine mode = efficiency with ASS turned ON. I then turn ASS OFF.

I press the M1 button where I have set the engine mode = sport. ASS is always OFF in sport. Drive around for at while and press the M1 again. Then it goes back to efficiency and now the ASS is ON again. Shouldn’t it remember that I turned it OFF before?
It should, but maybe it’s country specific, as many settings are. I’m in the US. I can’t help with why BimmerCode doesn’t code it off, as mine remembers it automatically.
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
MartinS312.00