G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

12-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #67
Sunnystone
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
My X3M is TR and I will give you the benefit of the doubt because some people are color blind but TR is NOT metallic orange. Not even remotely close. It's red with silver metallic that in very bright sunlight can give off an orange hue but it's very red and pops more than any other red out there.
Absolutely agree with this.

I was surprised to see the silvery metallic colour in the red paint but it works a treat and shows orange hues depending on the light.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2021, 03:50 PM   #68
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAKE! View Post
517, I have seen TR in person. I think it's a great color, way better than the stock Sakhir orange they offered in the last generation.

I see that you have a rosso corsa car ordered. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder; if you say these colors are worlds apart then you're right - you can't be wrong because it's your opinion.

I will clarify myself here in that I think the rosso corsa color is beautiful (otherwise I don't think Ferrari would ever put it on their cars). The G82 with this color looks great too. However, for me, I don't see enough difference to justify $4500... that's all.
My own M3C is TR and its quite a beguiling colour in that it seems to contain both Red and Orange hues depending on the light. Both of which look pretty stunning.

I learned pretty quickly that these cars cannot be judged by photos and videos. Theyve gotta be seen in the flesh.
I believe it's the wavelength of light in this region of color that makes some people see more or less orange in red than someone else.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2021, 04:33 PM   #69
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

It's trying to imitate an Italian car with none of the beauty or sophistication.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2022, 11:08 PM   #70
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt2440 View Post
Side by side with Toronto Red. The $4500 is a complete waste of money. The wing gives it a Fast and Furious look….
Except Toronto Red has a bit of an orange tint in person. And I'd definitely pass on the wing.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2023, 08:05 PM   #71
SpeedyG
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3, 2018 Audi B9 RS5

I bought my Rosso Corsa Red M3 at Riverside BMW. It has all the M Performance specs, front splitter, rear wing, Exhaust and diffuser and was $99,525 MSRP. I am new to the site and will post pics later of the rear M Performance exhaust. diffuser and wing. I personally would not have opted for the M Performance wing however, I spent a year looking for a dealer willing to sell at MSRP and no Dealership in the entire state of CALI was willing to let me come in and spec it out myself and sell it for MSRP. Don't hate, appreciate what the M3 is. I understand the Fast and Furious comment as that was my first reaction when I saw the Dealership online photos. I don't regret buying it. I always say, if you see a car at the Dealer and you don't like the color, the specs, the price or options, don't buy it. I wanted an M3 before the interest rates were out of the stratosphere. Even now I don't see a large inventory of M3's in Cali. I see mostly M3 Competition xDrives and I wanted a rear wheel, manual transmission sports sedan. I have an Audi RS5 and I don't feel like BMW's xDrive is better than the Quattro system. The M3 rear wheel drive, manual transmission is a true sports sedan, IMHO
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2023, 09:57 AM   #72
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

No lie one of my favorite colors RarriRot but they ruined it with the interior color choice and the wing has to be deleted IMO! Long love RarriRot
Attached Images

Appreciate 0