Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
At least go dinner grab a bang then ghost her🤣
Good point. I shouldn't let my ego get the best of me.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 01:50 PM   #12456
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Went on the worst date of my life last Friday. Started off telling me about how bad she is with finances and how she's mostly broke due to shopping habits. As the drinks piled on she starts bragging about how many guys she's slept with, how she's been on dates with five other dudes in the past week, and what I need to do in order to make her orgasm. Later proceeds to diss my appearance and personality. Then asks me to come over to dinner later in the week.

Bizarre chick, haven't texted her since. I hope she spends her life alone.

Couple nights later, my ex wants to watch Spiderman. I go to pick her up...let's just say Spiderman didn't happen.
I wonder how much of that is bullshit. Usually people who do that are either completely full of shit and just looking for attention, or they really are that way and you should avoid that walking STD.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 2
      02-11-2022, 09:41 AM   #12457
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: f32 n55

Gentlemen (and Ladies),

I have read every single page of this thread since the summer and I got to say...hilarious, insightful, and great stories.

So I feel I should share my most recent experience because I'm not sure what to do here and this never happened to me before but it was practically love at first sight with this one so I really don't want to screw it up.

Background:
We met off of facebook dating about a month ago (shes 42 im 31) after she liked my profile first and then we matched, we start messaging back and forth a lot and she always responds quick with lengthy text messages. M (is her alias) then proceeds to ask me out for drinks the following night (friday) so I say yes. When Friday comes she says she has to cancel because of a "family emergency" and I say "ok no worries" but no response. I randomly text her the following week and we start hitting it off immediately conversation and flirting is on point she responds right away and all of that.

First Date
We meet at a brewery and she shows up on time and we walk inside together. She recommends a few beers on the list that shes tried before (im not a beer drinker I mainly drink vodka or whiskey) so we order it and it was delicious. Then we talk about the usual first date things getting to know each other and our intentions and we had a good time, she even quoted a bunch of my favorite TV shows that we both loved. Neither of us looked at our phones once and all the body language was good and we were there until they closed the place almost 3 hours. After I walk her to her car and hug each other and say good night (im always too nervous to kiss on the first date) she looks at me smiling and giggling then says to me "should we do this again? maybe or?" and I say "yes for sure" and she smiles and say "ok good".

We make plans in the week to go to dinner on a Tuesday but she ends up calling me and apologizing but she is going to have to cancel because her car wont start due to a dead battery....ok whatever, but she immediately suggests Saturday night we can go out (unfortunately I was busy so I declined). The following Friday i setup a nice dinner for us to go out to but unfortunately the weather had us postpone it to the following day, so we go out Saturday night instead.

Second Date
We meet there and it was a nice steak house, not quite "Mortons" or "The Palm" level but still pretty good. We sit and we order cocktails and we talk about each others week and joking around about our bad dating experiences and the conversation was just flowing really well and were having a good time. We finally order our entree which was a nice Tomahawk steak for us to split and a few sides. She then looks at me and smiles and says "why don't you come sit next to me" while she pats the seat next to her (we were sitting in a booth across from one another). So obviously I sit down next to her and the conversation continues to go great and all along with her touching my arm alot and her playing with her hair, eventually its midnight again and we were there since 7:30. Joking around I say "its almost midnight I better get you home cinderella" as a playful way of saying lets go.

We leave and I offer to walk her to her car but she says its far (it was 17 degrees Fahrenheit) and she will text me when she's in her car, so we both look at each other and we get really close and she sort of puts out her lips for a kiss so I go in for the kiss and we do sort of a peck nothing too much and then we hug each other really close, after I release the hug we were about to go in again for a round 2 because she had that look in her eyes but I refrained because I didn't want to get rejected (I know im a weenie). Afterwards we text a lot into the early morning and we say good night to each other.

I ask her out on Valentines day and she happily replies yes (its on a monday), then I suggest maybe we can go on a hike or walk in the park on saturday because its supposed to be really nice out and she says "yea totally ive been wanting to go out and do something outdoors".

*Tricky Part*

I've noticed this week the texting has slowed down a lot and I usually have to initate the conversation but when I do she always responds right away and is very verbose.

TLDR:

First date went well second date went really well with a first kiss, and texting has slowed down and has me nervous because I really really like her. I give her space and dont blow up her phone and she does the same with me. We last spoke on the phone wednesday night and I haven't heard from her since. Do you think she actually likes me? or is this a game to her? and what would you guys (or gals do)?
      02-11-2022, 09:58 AM   #12458
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
maybe she is dating you and other guy(s)
Appreciate 1
UncleWede17883.00
      02-11-2022, 10:15 AM   #12459
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
maybe she is dating you and other guy(s)
yes thats what im assuming to as im still dating other girls but I like this one so im trying to figure out if I should proceed.
      02-11-2022, 10:35 AM   #12460
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I wonder how much of that is bullshit. Usually people who do that are either completely full of shit and just looking for attention, or they really are that way and you should avoid that walking STD.
Kind of sounds like a female redpiller. "Everyone wants me, youre not good enough, etc" but then, you know, wants your D anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 10:40 AM   #12461
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinniciF32 View Post
yes thats what im assuming to as im still dating other girls but I like this one so im trying to figure out if I should proceed.
Id say proceed but be ready to pounce next time if you're into her as everything you describe about the second date made it sound like like she was putting it on heavy. She might have been a bit disappointed by how reserved you were, given her signals.

Appreciate 1
      02-11-2022, 11:20 AM   #12462
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Yea I think im going to have to proceed, honestly I usually smash on the 2nd date and have no problem inviting them back to my place for margaritas and Hulu but with this one I was just so nervous I could barely do a first kiss. Gonna have to man up and kiss the hell out of her at some point during this walk/hike so I reel her in good, i'll text her later this afternoon and report back
      02-11-2022, 06:06 PM   #12463
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Gentlemen (and Ladies),

I have read every single page of this thread since the summer and I got to say...hilarious, insightful, and great stories.

So I feel I should share my most recent experience because I'm not sure what to do here and this never happened to me before but it was practically love at first sight with this one so I really don't want to screw it up.

Background:
We met off of facebook dating about a month ago (shes 42 im 31) after she liked my profile first and then we matched, we start messaging back and forth a lot and she always responds quick with lengthy text messages. M (is her alias) then proceeds to ask me out for drinks the following night (friday) so I say yes. When Friday comes she says she has to cancel because of a "family emergency" and I say "ok no worries" but no response. I randomly text her the following week and we start hitting it off immediately conversation and flirting is on point she responds right away and all of that.

First Date
We meet at a brewery and she shows up on time and we walk inside together. She recommends a few beers on the list that shes tried before (im not a beer drinker I mainly drink vodka or whiskey) so we order it and it was delicious. Then we talk about the usual first date things getting to know each other and our intentions and we had a good time, she even quoted a bunch of my favorite TV shows that we both loved. Neither of us looked at our phones once and all the body language was good and we were there until they closed the place almost 3 hours. After I walk her to her car and hug each other and say good night (im always too nervous to kiss on the first date) she looks at me smiling and giggling then says to me "should we do this again? maybe or?" and I say "yes for sure" and she smiles and say "ok good".

We make plans in the week to go to dinner on a Tuesday but she ends up calling me and apologizing but she is going to have to cancel because her car wont start due to a dead battery....ok whatever, but she immediately suggests Saturday night we can go out (unfortunately I was busy so I declined). The following Friday i setup a nice dinner for us to go out to but unfortunately the weather had us postpone it to the following day, so we go out Saturday night instead.

Second Date
We meet there and it was a nice steak house, not quite "Mortons" or "The Palm" level but still pretty good. We sit and we order cocktails and we talk about each others week and joking around about our bad dating experiences and the conversation was just flowing really well and were having a good time. We finally order our entree which was a nice Tomahawk steak for us to split and a few sides. She then looks at me and smiles and says "why don't you come sit next to me" while she pats the seat next to her (we were sitting in a booth across from one another). So obviously I sit down next to her and the conversation continues to go great and all along with her touching my arm alot and her playing with her hair, eventually its midnight again and we were there since 7:30. Joking around I say "its almost midnight I better get you home cinderella" as a playful way of saying lets go.

We leave and I offer to walk her to her car but she says its far (it was 17 degrees Fahrenheit) and she will text me when she's in her car, so we both look at each other and we get really close and she sort of puts out her lips for a kiss so I go in for the kiss and we do sort of a peck nothing too much and then we hug each other really close, after I release the hug we were about to go in again for a round 2 because she had that look in her eyes but I refrained because I didn't want to get rejected (I know im a weenie). Afterwards we text a lot into the early morning and we say good night to each other.

I ask her out on Valentines day and she happily replies yes (its on a monday), then I suggest maybe we can go on a hike or walk in the park on saturday because its supposed to be really nice out and she says "yea totally ive been wanting to go out and do something outdoors".

*Tricky Part*

I've noticed this week the texting has slowed down a lot and I usually have to initate the conversation but when I do she always responds right away and is very verbose.

TLDR:

First date went well second date went really well with a first kiss, and texting has slowed down and has me nervous because I really really like her. I give her space and dont blow up her phone and she does the same with me. We last spoke on the phone wednesday night and I haven't heard from her since. Do you think she actually likes me? or is this a game to her? and what would you guys (or gals do)?
Esp since she gave you the look after the first kiss, I think she just wants you to be a bit more physical (is my read). Calm down on the texting until monday, and see where it goes on Monday after the date imho
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2022, 07:27 PM   #12464
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
what would you guys (or gals do)?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2022, 08:12 PM   #12465
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
King Rudi are you back? i missed you
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      02-14-2022, 08:49 AM   #12466
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
Esp since she gave you the look after the first kiss, I think she just wants you to be a bit more physical (is my read). Calm down on the texting until monday, and see where it goes on Monday after the date imho
this is what I should have done but I ended up going out with her on a hike saturday.
      02-14-2022, 09:18 AM   #12467
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

UPDATE:

Went out hiking Saturday with her dog. When we met she had a her dog pulling her forward so we didn't even hug and we went right into the walk.

The whole time we were walking we just talked about random things and laughed and joked around. We didn't talk about anything serious relationship wise such as exes, intentions, or anything of that nature we just kept it light. The whole time we were talking we would smile at each other and make eye contact and nervously break it.

Lasted about 2.5 hours and then afterwards she asked me if I wanted to get a cup of coffee down the road so I said sure. I follow her and we go there but the Dunks was closed for remodeling so we went a little farther down the road and found another one.

We go inside and order some Tea and Coffee. We talked inside for a solid 10 minutes and then we went outside and hung out by the car and talked for another 15 minutes and then she let her dog out of the car so I could feed her some treats.

We noticed we were in front of a Petco so she asked if I wanted to go with her inside? I said yes and we then went inside and walked around the aisles and browsed everything but didn't buy anything. We continued to chat and then went back out to the cars, we talked for another 5 minutes and then we talked about our plans for the remainder of the evening and she said she was going to her parents for dinner. I finally said "ok well I better let you go" and we proceeded to hug and kiss each other on the cheek and jokingly I said "one of these days im gonna have to redo that first kiss" she started laughing and said "yea I know we kind of only pecked eachother". I assured her jokingly of course and said "yea that was only a little preview we can do better". Then for a minute we joked around about how awkward first kisses are and the uncertainties that entail, she said "next time we can practice I have coffee breath now" and I said "I know you do ew" (teasing her of course).

EDIT: Forgot to mention she said "we should have carpooled together here that way I could have shown your where I live" and she also said she wanted to come down towards my neighborhood and check out my place (I Live in vibrant neighborhood with a bunch of brand new highrises right on the water full of young 30 and 40 somethings)

I said "should we still do the cheesy valentines day thing?" (half serious) and she said "Yes! I havent done V-day in a long time it would be fun and nice to go out", I replied with "ok i'll set it up", we said our final goodbye and parted ways. Sent her a follow up "I had a good time today, talk to you tomorrow" text on saturday night and complete radio silence soo..im taking this as a loss and moving on to the next one I guess?

I hate dating lol its so hard to read people sometimes

Last edited by chinniciF32; 02-14-2022 at 09:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 12:22 PM   #12468
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

^^Wait, how old are you again?
Appreciate 2
TiMSport12786.50
      02-14-2022, 01:31 PM   #12469
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
UPDATE:

I said "should we still do the cheesy valentines day thing?" (half serious) and she said "Yes! I havent done V-day in a long time it would be fun and nice to go out", I replied with "ok i'll set it up", we said our final goodbye and parted ways. Sent her a follow up "I had a good time today, talk to you tomorrow" text on saturday night and complete radio silence soo..im taking this as a loss and moving on to the next one I guess?

You asked her out, she said yes, you told her you'd set it up. Set something up, reach out to her and tell her what you have planned and what time you'll be picking her up. Be decisive and assertive, women like it. Good luck.
Appreciate 4
      02-14-2022, 01:32 PM   #12470
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
so what happen?
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      02-14-2022, 01:44 PM   #12471
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
UPDATE:

Went out hiking Saturday with her dog. When we met she had a her dog pulling her forward so we didn't even hug and we went right into the walk.

The whole time we were walking we just talked about random things and laughed and joked around. We didn't talk about anything serious relationship wise such as exes, intentions, or anything of that nature we just kept it light. The whole time we were talking we would smile at each other and make eye contact and nervously break it.

Lasted about 2.5 hours and then afterwards she asked me if I wanted to get a cup of coffee down the road so I said sure. I follow her and we go there but the Dunks was closed for remodeling so we went a little farther down the road and found another one.

We go inside and order some Tea and Coffee. We talked inside for a solid 10 minutes and then we went outside and hung out by the car and talked for another 15 minutes and then she let her dog out of the car so I could feed her some treats.

We noticed we were in front of a Petco so she asked if I wanted to go with her inside? I said yes and we then went inside and walked around the aisles and browsed everything but didn't buy anything. We continued to chat and then went back out to the cars, we talked for another 5 minutes and then we talked about our plans for the remainder of the evening and she said she was going to her parents for dinner. I finally said "ok well I better let you go" and we proceeded to hug and kiss each other on the cheek and jokingly I said "one of these days im gonna have to redo that first kiss" she started laughing and said "yea I know we kind of only pecked eachother". I assured her jokingly of course and said "yea that was only a little preview we can do better". Then for a minute we joked around about how awkward first kisses are and the uncertainties that entail, she said "next time we can practice I have coffee breath now" and I said "I know you do ew" (teasing her of course).

EDIT: Forgot to mention she said "we should have carpooled together here that way I could have shown your where I live" and she also said she wanted to come down towards my neighborhood and check out my place (I Live in vibrant neighborhood with a bunch of brand new highrises right on the water full of young 30 and 40 somethings)

A swing and a miss. Dude you had her the whole time, she was asking YOU to go places with her.

That last kiss you should've pulled her in close and kissed her instead of a peck on the cheek. Then no small talk, just "how about I set something up for valentine's day, I'll text you".

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2022, 02:07 PM   #12472
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
^^Wait, how old are you again?
I am 31 , and I know im not good at making women my girl friend lol
      02-14-2022, 02:08 PM   #12473
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
You asked her out, she said yes, you told her you'd set it up. Set something up, reach out to her and tell her what you have planned and what time you'll be picking her up. Be decisive and assertive, women like it. Good luck.
I agree but i've been initiating most of the dates and doing a lot of the ground work so I figured i'd leave the ball in her court this time and no text back at this point leads me to believe shes just not interested for some reason
      02-14-2022, 02:12 PM   #12474
chinniciF32
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
so what happen?
no text back from Saturday or anything from her so I'm assuming its done, even if its not done I think it will be good to give her some space and if she reaches out I will be happy but if not life goes on and there will be another M on another app, in another city, in another restaurant.

At least I have a plan B lined up to join me for dinner tonight lol and its guaranteed action so there's a silver lining I suppose.