BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

01-20-2022, 09:22 AM   #89
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberNine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BardG View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just talked to my dealer, he tells me he can't get Laser Lights on my March build. He said not a single new vehicle coming into the dealer has arrived with Laser Lights, and was not able "force add" to my configuration. I'm in Canada if that matters.
Same, told by dealer and there is a laser headlight deletion on my build sheet. Canada, March build.
Seems odd huh? It must be somewhat regional, from what I've read on this forum most are getting them. But, Canada is a smaller market, maybe BMW accommodates it's bigger markets first. Too bad, I'd like them.

Are you going to ask for a discount?
Yes it's odd, didn't hear this from US buyer, but heard from many GTA dealers,

Dealer showed me a restriction list where I can see laser headlight, carbon bucket seat and some driving assistance stuff which I don't care.

Carbon bucket seat seems to be okay atm.

I don't want to give up the allocation, gonna talk to them tmr.
Did your dealer mentioned anything about the HK sound system? My dealer mentioned it's been deleted from a number of the new orders. However he's not sure if he's seen it delete it from any M cars yet
Didn't mention it and it wasn't on the internal restriction list they showed me.

3 items listed: Laser light, Carbon bucket seat, parking assist.

They have confirmed no laser light, looks like carbon bucket seats is accepted.
Great thanks. I don't know if Laser Lights can be retrofitted. Also, it's a $1,500 option, to my way of thinking we should get a credit🤞
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 09:52 AM   #90
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3C mXdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just talked to my dealer, he tells me he can't get Laser Lights on my March build. He said not a single new vehicle coming into the dealer has arrived with Laser Lights, and was not able "force add" to my configuration. I'm in Canada if that matters.
Same, told by dealer and there is a laser headlight deletion on my build sheet. Canada, March build.
Seems odd huh? It must be somewhat regional, from what I've read on this forum most are getting them. But, Canada is a smaller market, maybe BMW accommodates it's bigger markets first. Too bad, I'd like them.

Dealer showed me a restriction list where I can see laser headlight, carbon bucket seat and some driving assistance stuff which I don't care.

Did your dealer mentioned anything about the HK sound system? My dealer mentioned it's been deleted from a number of the new orders. However he's not sure if he's seen it delete it from any M cars yet
Didn't mention it and it wasn't on the internal restriction list they showed me.

Great thanks. I don't know if Laser Lights can be retrofitted. Also, it's a $1,500 option, to my way of thinking we should get a credit🤞
On my build sheet there is cr$1000 due to the deletion but I'm pushing SA to get more on it. It's definitely worth more than that and the retrofit cost is $$$$.

Maybe wait for lci headlight and hopefully supply chain issue get sorted out. Im keeping the allocation and hope the best

Certainly can't wait for that long…just for a headlight
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
BardG211.50
      01-20-2022, 01:42 PM   #91
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

On my build sheet there is cr$1000 due to the deletion but I'm pushing SA to get more on it. It's definitely worth more than that and the retrofit cost is $$$$.

Maybe wait for lci headlight and hopefully supply chain issue get sorted out. Im keeping the allocation and hope the best

The $1000 credit is good start. I have a feeling I will have to fight hard with my dealer to get them to cough up a credit 😬
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 02:24 PM   #92
Dr.Deep
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Woow…no laserlights, no sourround view…more and more stuff cut off…would be a no-go for me

You can retrofit, but gonna be way too expensive…new ECUs needed too, and there are multiple just for lights…I once checked what a light would cost with my dealer out of curiosity. 2,5k$ for one…without any ECUs
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 03:43 PM   #93
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm curious how you managed to rack up so many options! I need to see pics of this beast!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2022, 03:45 PM   #94
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:

I'm curious how you managed to rack up so many options! I need to see pics of this beast!
I'm in Canada so it's CA$ lol
Appreciate 1
jmg18493.00
      01-21-2022, 03:47 PM   #95
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Deep View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Woow…no laserlights, no sourround view…more and more stuff cut off…would be a no-go for me

You can retrofit, but gonna be way too expensive…new ECUs needed too, and there are multiple just for lights…I once checked what a light would cost with my dealer out of curiosity. 2,5k$ for one…without any ECUs
To my understanding Canadian market has more restrictions compared to USA and European, I wouldn't be surprised if more restrictions kicks in nowadays.
Appreciate 1
Dr.Deep1827.00
      01-24-2022, 11:29 AM   #96
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Still waiting for my G82, but on my G05 have not needed to recode the lights. So I guess we shall see what happens with the G82 coding.

One of the first OTA updates on my G05 received actually improved the function of the anti-dazzle. I do know some with G05 have reported that they had to recode after updates.
When flashing via computer, only ECUs with updates are programmed and reset to factory settings. It is possible the OTA did not affect BDC, FLM, or KAFAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Can someone who provides coding (I'm in PA) please PM me or post here? I'm interested in having this done, but just want to be clear on any risks or potential issues at service. The last OTA update was just a few weeks ago, so hopefully it's a while until the next one.
I can remote code. I do not know anyone in PA area. Risks are minimal as most dealership do not care or have the time/resources to check. More likely to run into issues if you are reporting problems or faults detected that require investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Sh**, we pay for this but can't use the tech....sucks. Anyone know of a hack to unlock the adaptive and beam split features?
The solution is to code back in feature until law is changed in two years. Though, no guarantee on timeline or feature will be retroactively enabled.

Quote:

Agreed; supply chain issues are really cutting into must-have feature unfortunately.

You can sometimes get used lights for less.

Quote:
To my understanding Canadian market has more restrictions compared to USA and European, I wouldn't be surprised if more restrictions kicks in nowadays.
Canadian market was approved for NGHB. I am not sure about other restrictions.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 01:18 PM   #97
NumberNine
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
Still waiting for my G82, but on my G05 have not needed to recode the lights. So I guess we shall see what happens with the G82 coding.

One of the first OTA updates on my G05 received actually improved the function of the anti-dazzle. I do know some with G05 have reported that they had to recode after updates.
When flashing via computer, only ECUs with updates are programmed and reset to factory settings. It is possible the OTA did not affect BDC, FLM, or KAFAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
Can someone who provides coding (I'm in PA) please PM me or post here? I'm interested in having this done, but just want to be clear on any risks or potential issues at service. The last OTA update was just a few weeks ago, so hopefully it's a while until the next one.
I can remote code. I do not know anyone in PA area. Risks are minimal as most dealership do not care or have the time/resources to check. More likely to run into issues if you are reporting problems or faults detected that require investigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Sh**, we pay for this but can't use the tech....sucks. Anyone know of a hack to unlock the adaptive and beam split features?
The solution is to code back in feature until law is changed in two years. Though, no guarantee on timeline or feature will be retroactively enabled.

Quote:

Agreed; supply chain issues are really cutting into must-have feature unfortunately.

You can sometimes get used lights for less.

Quote:
Canadian market was approved for NGHB. I am not sure about other restrictions.
Yea it's approved, the restriction is due to apply chain only.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2022, 06:04 AM   #98
emaniat
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5

Ok. Sorry Everyone,

I'm going to go on a Rant...

I'm really getting sick and tired of this supply chain issue stuff. Everyone needs to get back to work (unless your health has been affected). My Gosh!!! I don't get it. There is no more government subsidies for income, employers are needing employees to go back to work. How the heck do people live if they are voluntarily not going back to work? Like I said. I don't get it. Has this generation gone soft? Does no one want to work anymore? Is everyone just given up? I'm sorry, companies had made a MASSIVE Mistake with ultra streamlined just-in-time production and warehousing, which is affecting all of us now. I truly understand the need for a global economy, but everyone has forgotten alway have a back plan, backup suppliers/supplies so your business isn't solely relying on others. I've worked my whole life, want to finally get a luxury vehicle and now half of the options I look for in a luxury vehicle are gone or are sitting on a storage container on some dock somewhere, cause people don't want to work anymore? Like I said I don't get it, but I really actually do. It is also a global reset for everyone's lives. Changing gears - No fog lights, and yet US Govt won't let you have VLD or Anti-Dazzle in a car? They won't let Lexus have sequential tail lights in the US, and the list goes on. Sometimes I really wonder what the heck everyone is really thinking. BMW really needs to stop chinsing out and put back the features. Acoustic laminated glass (removed from the US market, but available globally, Passenger auto dimming mirror removed from the US market, but still available globally. I can go on and on) maybe we should all write BMW saying we want options added back. I also think they are using supply chain shortages as an excuse. You can still get some of the features they have so called removed on their higher end "M" and "M Comp" models... Like I said, just blowing off some steam cause frustrated from this whole damn pandemic, and would like to have a luxury vehicle with luxury options otherwise why even get a luxury vehicle. The Best Damn Ultimate driving machine doesn't matter if I'm going to get beat up at my age. I've already been down the route of best damn performance cars that ride like you're on rails. I'd like something a lot nicer and am wanting to come back to BMW.

Last edited by emaniat; 03-08-2022 at 06:10 AM..
Appreciate 3
xcfloyd19.00
Bimmer5452.00
      03-08-2022, 07:20 AM   #99
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I'm not sure what the headlight restrictions are like in Canada, but, in the US, we get the dumbed down German version of their full adaptive lasers.

This is how they're supposed to work. But in America, anti dazzle decoded and removed. It can be re-enabled. But, if Canada allows the full version, this is what you get that you don't get with the standard headlights. Everything in the video is automatic.
We have no restrictions in Canada. They were added back in to my build, but my build date has been bumped from mid March to late June😔
Appreciate 3
      10-11-2022, 08:13 PM   #100
r6tanz
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Does anyone know if the M3 headlights are the same as M4?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 12:09 AM   #101
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6tanz View Post
Does anyone know if the M3 headlights are the same as M4?
Yes. https://parts.bmwnorthwest.com/p/BMW...118084890.html
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 12:14 AM   #102
Hawkdog
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘22 M4 Comp xDrive

Attached Images

Appreciate 3
snareman8959.50
Limegrntaln13020.00
      10-19-2022, 12:18 AM   #103
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdog View Post
Agreed; a week is pretty old to revive.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 03:46 AM   #104
xwhitefalconx
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 xDrive Comp.

Quote:
We have no restrictions in Canada. They were added back in to my build, but my build date has been bumped from mid March to late June😔
Dayum this looks so amazing. I never drove a newer car with a modern technology before. Xenon was the best I had in my old GTR lol.

I think it will be awesome to drive at night if you have laserlights.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2022, 06:27 AM   #105
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkdog View Post
Its better than creating a new discussion for every single question.
Appreciate 4
wtwo317871.50
s58542.50
chris7197273.00
      10-19-2022, 11:05 AM   #106
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
Ive never seen my lights do this. In fact, my hi beams dont even go on outside of the city automatically.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2022, 08:52 AM   #107
beden1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwhitefalconx View Post
Dayum this looks so amazing. I never drove a newer car with a modern technology before. Xenon was the best I had in my old GTR lol.

I think it will be awesome to drive at night if you have laserlights.
I just got back from a 1,700-mile round trip from SE FL to middle Alabama and drove portions at night through winding mountain roads. I am very disappointed in the laser lights that don't light up the sides of the road and barely shine 3-4 car lengths in front. Our last 2 (2008 and 2011) BMWs had much better lighting. Is there a setting that I need to use, or are these lights a waste of money?

I also think the lighting of the heads-up display may be taking away from forward lighting vision. Not sure, but I hope there is just something I'm not setting properly.
      10-21-2022, 11:03 AM   #108
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I just got back from a 1,700-mile round trip from SE FL to middle Alabama and drove portions at night through winding mountain roads. I am very disappointed in the laser lights that don't light up the sides of the road and barely shine 3-4 car lengths in front. Our last 2 (2008 and 2011) BMWs had much better lighting. Is there a setting that I need to use, or are these lights a waste of money?

I also think the lighting of the heads-up display may be taking away from forward lighting vision. Not sure, but I hope there is just something I'm not setting properly.
Adjust them up a bit so they shine a bit more out in front, but not too much so you're not blinding oncoming traffic.

And then get them coded to do the anti-dazzle. Anti-dazzle transforms nighttime driving damn near into daylight, thus getting the most out of your laser lights.
Appreciate 4
beden1510.00
BardG211.50
      10-23-2022, 09:10 AM   #109
BardG
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post

Adjust them up a bit so they shine a bit more out in front, but not too much so you're not blinding oncoming traffic.

And then get them coded to do the anti-dazzle. Anti-dazzle transforms nighttime driving damn near into daylight, thus getting the most out of your laser lights.
Are they adjustable in iDrive? (I don't have my car yet)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2022, 10:53 PM   #110
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Are they adjustable in iDrive? (I don't have my car yet)
No, under the hood. A simple twist of a screw on each side.
Appreciate 2
BardG211.50
beden1510.00