Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
@JP10 thanks for all the details! Happy the weather cooperated & y'all had a great time! Congrats again and wishing y'all many years of happiness.

Turkish Pickle is it her actions or reactions to things that is bothering you? Like someone else said, talk to her. See if it's resolvable. Things like that just don't disappear. If she's willing to realize it and work on it, that's a win. If not, beware.
Reactions to things - this happened just last night; I come home from work, we hang out and talk a bit then I go to my computer. Chatting with my friends I learn the 3080Ti is coming out today, so I decide to go to Best Buy to learn more and see if i can buy one (empty hope but was worth a shot). Then I go to Microcenter, end up getting a whole different card - but my 6 month quest to find a graphics card is over.

On the way back she tells me she's been feeling like she's just a +1 to my life and that I never prioritize her. Turns out, this was only the second ever time this happened. I genuinely forgot we were going to cook dinner and just hang at home to watch a movie last night, I don't think that's never prioritizing someone. I also don't feel its fair to exaggerate it to always, nor fair to not say anything before. I asked her if she wanted to come with because I was going to BB, she says yes of course and jolts off the couch to get ready... It's like, why didn't you say "no i thought we were going to watch movie tonight"?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 08:33 AM   #9308
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
I'm in a similar boat as you in that I'm starting to really feel the effects of her shitty parents on her. I don't really know what to do about it - I'm teetering between feeling bad because she's fried and feeling frustrated because it's affecting me...

It's not even like I'm on a mission to "save her" or anything but it just doesn't feel right to break up with someone over their bad parenting, but doesn't feel right to continue feeling like this about myself in this relationship.
A couple of theories that I have, just something to ponder.

Most in-laws (or those who fit this role) are viewed as terrible because of how the significant other cares for their mate and disagrees with how their mate was treated by their parents. I'm still getting used to the fact that this is how my boys girlfriends see me. I know both of my wives felt this way about my both of my parents.

Most people mature to end up being much like their parents.

Just food for thought my friend.
Honestly if anything, I don't have a single problem with how she treats me on a regular basis. It's pretty cute actually and I'm really happy about it often. But especially lately there's been lots of "woman moments" and those have been getting to me a lot because theyve been happening so much more.

If she ends up like her parents I need to sprint out I overheard a call from her mom and I felt bad for gf, no single person deserves to be talked to that way. Terrible person. Dad is no saint either - she stopped talking with him completely after he finally introduced his latina 23 year old gf to her. She facetime'd me when visiting him, and he is a cool dude (but a terrible father) and he goes "Pickle, i figured my girlfriend is the same age as you!!"
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-03-2021, 12:56 PM   #9309
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

run
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 01:04 PM   #9310
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
run
Not just yet. She's young and it seems her communication skills are lacking. Sit down and chat with her. Tell her the next time if dinner and watching a movie was important to her then speak up. You are not a mind reader and expected to know that's what she wants especially when she jumps off the couch to get ready. Communication sucks but it's essential.
Appreciate 6
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615142.00
Dang3r12508.50
M5Rick59624.00
      06-03-2021, 01:11 PM   #9311
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Not just yet. She's young and it seems her communication skills are lacking. Sit down and chat with her. Tell her the next time if dinner and watching a movie was important to her then speak up. You are not a mind reader and expected to know that's what she wants especially when she jumps off the couch to get ready. Communication sucks but it's essential.

2nd this.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2021, 02:12 PM   #9312
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
run
Valid point - strongly plausible I'm not great at expressing myself either but I've called her out on telling me I need to get better at communicating clearly. Do you have any good pointers/ideas on how I can make that happen, at least for myself?

And - I said exactly what you wrote! Yet still, ended up me forgetting her needs and wants. I asked how long she's felt this way (bc the way she said it came off like i've been doing this since day 1), she said not too long ago just lately. So I asked for a second example.... nope, nothing. The admission of "yeah I don't remember either but that's not what matters" was internally funny.

That's more of what I'm concerned about - I told her this too over the weekend, obviously we perceive things differently but whenever we talk after my actions I doubt myself a lot. Something about that really doesn't sit well with me
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:18 PM   #9313
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
You are not a mind reader and expected to know that's what she wants . . .
LIAR!!! You are just trying to further obfuscate the female-male interaction dynamic and keep the female control, and apply it to poor Pickle.

Appreciate 1
      06-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #9314
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara View Post
Does Bro-Code not exist anymore?
This is 2021. Morality has left the chat. What you would normally expect, think the opposite outcome; that's your new expectation. Hope this helps. I'm struggling with it as well.

For conversation sake, elaborate.
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2021, 01:09 PM   #9315
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Does Bro-Code not exist anymore?
let me guess they guy your talking to, his buddy tried kicking game to u as well
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #9316
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
This love square is turning into a love web. I can't decide!
I think I saw this on a episode of dateline recently
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 02:42 PM   #9317
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I've posted this before. I'll post it again as it seems to fit.

"If you try to catch two rabbits, you catch neither one."
Appreciate 4
      06-09-2021, 03:15 PM   #9318
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
This love square is turning into a love web. I can't decide!
I don't like spiders
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2021, 06:49 PM   #9319
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Well this thread surely has been uneventful...
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 07:44 PM   #9320
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

I've heard that lady-folk like D.

... I'll see myself out. Enjoy your book!
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
Tommy-G4478.50
      06-10-2021, 01:35 AM   #9321
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Y’all boring tonight

I’m going to read my book.
Read the 2nd one too, maybe then theres more action to explore
What the books are about, story, genre?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 06:34 AM   #9322
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
What about sea spiders?
I'm OK with them b/c until you F'ers pointed it out, I never thought of them as sea spiders!! Thanks

Quote:
Short version:

Met A. On second date A took me to Tchoup Yard where his buddies/"co-workers" B and C and the rest of the squad were. Wonderful guys.

A is out and about "working." I like to check my likes when I'm bored, just to see who it is that "likes" me. I noticed B had sent a like. I "matched" with B just as a joke. B clearly isn't joking. Then a few days later I see C sends a like (and he's hot AF). Either B and C know something I don't about A, or B and C don't give a fuck about A and are "shooting their shot."

They're all great. Ugh. So I've settled this (for the moment) by staying home and reading two books. I think I need a petting zoo and not commitment. I like reading.
-or- Mr A is testing you with B & C's assistance!
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2021, 06:53 AM   #9323
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I feel like A, B, C and whoever else should have their own dating thread. This may be where I abandon my own thread.
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2021, 07:03 AM   #9324
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Well this thread surely has been uneventful...
What about the Fedex pilot, you'll have time to still do your hobbies while he's working and when he's back help with the horse stable upkeep which is a priority.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 08:55 AM   #9325
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
He is A. His civilian job is FedEx. We had 4 or 5 dates now. This past month has been a blur for me. A is currently on “guardhard” mode defending the skies right now and B was trying to take me out yesterday. A gives off such playboy vibes. B seems down to earth.

So I’m just going to finish my book.
Is B the one in Mississippi, lives in a quiet out of the way place and likes horses?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 08:57 AM   #9326
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Short version:

Met A. On second date A took me to Tchoup Yard where his buddies/"co-workers" B and C and the rest of the squad were. Wonderful guys.

A is out and about "working." I like to check my likes when I'm bored, just to see who it is that "likes" me. I noticed B had sent a like. I "matched" with B just as a joke. B clearly isn't joking. Then a few days later I see C sends a like (and he's hot AF). Either B and C know something I don't about A, or B and C don't give a fuck about A and are "shooting their shot."

They're all great. Ugh. So I've settled this (for the moment) by staying home and reading two books. I think I need a petting zoo and not commitment. I like reading.
just becareful in getting in sticky situation unless they become your victims in web
but on a real note -its almost like a betting game, who will get into your pants first!!
Appreciate 1
Sara5791.00
      06-10-2021, 08:57 AM   #9327
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
What about sea spiders?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 09:04 AM   #9328
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
I'm OK with them b/c until you F'ers pointed it out, I never thought of them as sea spiders!! Thanks

-or- Mr A is testing you with B & C's assistance!
Right? I can never look at them as crabs again now. They are sea spiders lol.
Appreciate 1