BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

03-26-2021, 11:05 AM   #133
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 BGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMACV1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
I thought we could use this as a Q&A for those of us who have ordered (or are waiting to do so) and want some finer details from people who have collected their cars already.

USA M3

1. Does an iPhone 12 Pro Max fit in the phone holder? (With or without a case - I use a wrap)

2. Do the rear seats have heating. If yes what pack(s) do you have?

3. Are the roof rack holes the same as a standard 3 series in regards to being able to use those roof racks?

4. How is the auto parking and lane keep features - any auto driving type functionality basically (ordering these mostly for my wife so want to make sure they work well)

Thanks!

FYI.The manual transmission wireless charging pad is smaller than with the automatic. I can't fit my Note 20 in the manual charging pad with or without the thin case that I have.
Is your one in the center console as well, sort of a clip thing to one side? In my 6MT it's there rather than that tray in front of the cup holders. Seems odd, I would prefer it was in that tray
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 11:36 AM   #134
HMACV1
Rep
Drives: e420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantagathus View Post
Is your one in the center console as well, sort of a clip thing to one side? In my 6MT it's there rather than that tray in front of the cup holders. Seems odd, I would prefer it was in that tray

I will have to check when I go back to the dealer. I wanted to order a manual. The small pad in front of the cupholder is the only one that I saw. Is there a larger wireless charging pad in the center console, also?
      03-26-2021, 11:57 AM   #135
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I will have to check when I go back to the dealer. I wanted to order a manual. The small pad in front of the cupholder is the only one that I saw. Is there a larger wireless charging pad in the center console, also?
Yeah, it's sort of odd though, you kind of clip your phone into the side of it. From what I can tell, the pad in front of the cup holders is only wireless charging for the comp, and the one in the centre console is where the 6MT wireless charger is. Kind of annoying because it's harder to get your phone in and out of
Appreciate 2
HMACV11.50
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-26-2021, 12:29 PM   #136
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 MT BSM

Quote:
Yeah, it's sort of odd though, you kind of clip your phone into the side of it. From what I can tell, the pad in front of the cup holders is only wireless charging for the comp, and the one in the centre console is where the 6MT wireless charger is. Kind of annoying because it's harder to get your phone in and out of
thank you for answering this, was looking for this.

Oh well, guess there is a small downside with MT...I can live with it, as I anyway never have this big massive phones.
iPhone XR should fit I guess ?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 12:34 PM   #137
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
Quote:
thank you for answering this, was looking for this.

Oh well, guess there is a small downside with MT...I can live with it, as I anyway never have this big massive phones.
iPhone XR should fit I guess ?
I have the XS Max and it fits fine. I'm slightly worried about longevity, I feel like eventually the clip thing will break, but I'm sure you can replace it. I think in reality if I'm just on a shorter drive I won't bother with it. Definitely not as nice as just being able to place it in a tray whenever you get in the car, but it's not bad.
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-26-2021, 12:53 PM   #138
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
I have the XS Max and it fits fine. I'm slightly worried about longevity, I feel like eventually the clip thing will break, but I'm sure you can replace it. I think in reality if I'm just on a shorter drive I won't bother with it. Definitely not as nice as just being able to place it in a tray whenever you get in the car, but it's not bad.
yeah if I would have known that before I think I would have let the option out, costs 600CHF (more than 600$).
I wanted the possibility to just throw my phone in the charger.
At this point I just can plug a cable. But yeah, it's for sure still nice to have but the benefit doesn't justify this price (imo).
Appreciate 1
HMACV11.50
      03-26-2021, 02:19 PM   #139
HMACV1
Rep
Drives: e420

Quote:
If it's not too much trouble, can you please post a picture of this contraption? Whenever you get a chance. Thanks.
      03-26-2021, 02:25 PM   #140
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
If it's not too much trouble, can you please post a picture of this contraption? Whenever you get a chance. Thanks.
Sure, will do. Car is getting PPFd/Ceramic coated at the moment but hoping to get her back today, she's been there all week and I'm missing her
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 02:30 PM   #141
Jcali86
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure, will do. Car is getting PPFd/Ceramic coated at the moment but hoping to get her back today, she's been there all week and I'm missing her
Could be worse; at least you haven't watched the same video 10 times in a few days because you can't even order yet
I even commissioned some art from a guy I found online to draw my spec for a poster I want to make for my office.
      03-26-2021, 02:35 PM   #142
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcali86 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Could be worse; at least you haven't watched the same video 10 times in a few days because you can't even order yet
I even commissioned some art from a guy I found online to draw my spec for a poster I want to make for my office.
Haha, I keep checking YouTube for new videos as I've run out of all the actual worthwhile ones to watch (or ones where the YouTuber doesn't annoy the piss out of me!).

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 2
Jcali861479.00
EthanEJC199.50
      03-26-2021, 03:58 PM   #143
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

The advantage of the goofy in-armrest charger is that it creates the perfect place to put your wallet in front of the cup holders...I do worry that the contraption's tension will wear out of over time, but my wallet is cozy.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 07:07 PM   #144
Snt282
Private
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturatedfat View Post
Nope, didn't even know it was a thing. My sales guy was showing me the car and had to set it up. I don't believe there was a charge for it.

Check your manual it might just be in the pouch.
My sales guy said that manual cars don't have it. Did your guy show you the competition model?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 08:20 PM   #145
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Here you are. There's a little blue light that comes on when it's charging. It's not hard to get in, it just feels a little it like eventually one day you'll do it and the thing will break
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-26-2021, 09:46 PM   #146
chadkoepf
Private
Rep
Drives: tesla 3

So I am ordering the manual. So what I’m gathering is the tray in front of the shifter doesn’t charge the phone, so I have to put it in the arm rest inconveniently, and it’s an option I can option out of and save $600?

If I’m using the phone key, do I have to put it in the armrest too?

And if I got an automatic, I can just put it in tray in front of the shifter and it works?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #147
Realw5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4C

Quote:
There simply is no possibility to open it with the feet.
The guy in video talks trash...
comfort access as option gives you only the possibility to open the door with your hand.

*edit*
see attached pic.
It's in german sorry it's from the swiss brochure, but it only states you can open it electrically with the Key or by pressing the BUTTON.

Also the comfort access only inclused accessing the car via door there is nothing mentioned about the trunk.

p.s. the guy in the video seems anyway confused af. see the comparsion video with the M340i, it's like the worst review of a car ever.
Just a guess, but do you have the carbon package? I know from my last M4, which did have this feature btw, did NOT work once installing an aftermarket diffuser. After much research, it turns out the sensor signal cannot pass through carbon fiber.

If my guess is right, they likely coded it off...food for thought
2021 Brooklyn Gray ///M4C | Black Full Merino Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | 8-Speed MST | 19" Black 826M Wheels | Driver and Parking Assistance Pkg | Executive Pkg | Carbon Exterior Package | Individual Shadowline Lights | M Drive Pro | Ventilated Sport Seats
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 11:50 AM   #148
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realw5 View Post
Just a guess, but do you have the carbon package? I know from my last M4, which did have this feature btw, did NOT work once installing an aftermarket diffuser. After much research, it turns out the sensor signal cannot pass through carbon fiber.

If my guess is right, they likely coded it off...food for thought
Yes, and I think it has already been stated here somewhere that with Carbon this isn't possible.
But checking the Brochure it states absoloutely nowhere that this feature is available at all, even without carbon diffuser.

I just guess it doesn't exist for this M3/M4, at least beside this dude in the video there was literally no one showing this feature.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 12:15 PM   #149
Scorp!on
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Here you are. There's a little blue light that comes on when it's charging. It's not hard to get in, it just feels a little it like eventually one day you'll do it and the thing will break
to be honest, now seeing it I like it.
With that I can store other stuff in there without going up in flames.

Cool Idea from BMW !
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 12:20 PM   #150
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
The advantage of the goofy in-armrest charger is that it creates the perfect place to put your wallet in front of the cup holders...I do worry that the contraption's tension will wear out of over time, but my wallet is cozy.
How come you don't keep your wallet in your pocket? Where do you put it when you get out of the car?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 12:31 PM   #151
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
to be honest, now seeing it I like it.
With that I can store other stuff in there without going up in flames.

Cool Idea from BMW !
It's not bad, it's more that it's nice to be able to throw your phone in that front area and be done with it, it's a little harder putting it in there, not bad though
Appreciate 1
Scorp!on1511.50
      03-27-2021, 12:33 PM   #152
Pantagathus
Lieutenant
Rep

For those who have their car, what is in the "mobility kit"? I have a tow hook, and the tor inflation thing, but no jack or lug or anything, which seems really odd, unless I'm just not seeing it. Feel like it's missing from the car, but not sure
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 01:37 PM   #153
Saturatedfat
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
For those who have their car, what is in the "mobility kit"? I have a tow hook, and the tor inflation thing, but no jack or lug or anything, which seems really odd, unless I'm just not seeing it. Feel like it's missing from the car, but not sure
I assume no jack because there is no spare. I haven't checked what's in my kit or for a jack so I'm just guessing here.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #154
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I doubt you’ll find a jack. Usually has an air pump but that’s about it other than the typical tools (screwdriver, tow hook, sunroof wrench if you’ve got a sunroof)

BMW hasn’t put jacks in their vehicles for quite some time...
Appreciate 0