BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-15-2024, 10:54 PM   #1
McLaren720s
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition X

Nothing seems to happen when I select Sport from “Select M Mode”. The gauges don’t change to Sport and I can’t see a difference.
When I select M Mode using the center console button it still prompts with choice of Road or Sport which is annoying since I already selected Sport here. What is the point of this option?

Also, why is M Mode Configuration option greyed out in this menu and how do I enable it?
Attached Images

01-15-2024, 10:57 PM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren720s View Post
Nothing seems to happen when I select Sport from “Select M Mode”. The gauges don’t change to Sport and I can’t see a difference.
When I select M Mode using the center console button it still prompts with choice of Road or Sport which is annoying since I already selected Sport here. What is the point of this option?

Also, why is M Mode Configuration option greyed out in this menu and how do I enable it?
M Mode Configuration is the title of the section for the following items, it's not a menu.

As for that switch, all you're doing is changing what "Configure Content" is going to be applied to (which one you select above). It doesn't actively switch your gauges. The only way to switch it is to use the M Mode button on the second console, then tap on Sport in the menu that pops up.
Appreciate 3
      01-16-2024, 04:44 PM   #3
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
M Mode Configuration is the title of the section for the following items, it's not a menu.

As for that switch, all you're doing is changing what "Configure Content" is going to be applied to (which one you select above). It doesn't actively switch your gauges. The only way to switch it is to use the M Mode button on the second console, then tap on Sport in the menu that pops up.
Yeah, that confused the crap out of me too. I assumed like the OP did.
Appreciate 0