BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Mid-Atlantic

07-18-2022, 05:34 PM   #221
T3F
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx

Note to anyone with deposits at BMW of Alexandria: they don't appear to be fulfilling orders in the order in which deposits were taken in every case. I asked to see the order bank and saw that I was #1, but that 5 2023s before me already have allocations, and I asked the manager how it was possible that I've been told I'm #1 for 4-5 months now and still haven't gotten an allocation, yet there are 5 cars that have. After lots of roundabout arguing, he asked the salesperson who took the order for the most recent car to receive an allocation when his customer placed his deposit in order to prove to me that I wasn't skipped over, and the answer was February, which is 3 months after I placed mine! He then said he needed to "look into it" and would call me back. I got no call back, so I called him back, and after pushing, he finally admitted that they got two allocations recently but gave them to people who complained about the MSRP increase, letting them skip the line as an "apology" (or that was at least my understanding of it -- he was very unclear). This makes zero sense since I'm equally affected by it and have waited even longer, but he refused to reassign them to those at the top of the list like I asked and said he could cancel my order if I didn't want to put up with continuing to wait.

The manager did say they have an available 50 Jahre edition and offered it to me for $20k over sticker. I said that offer was insulting -- it's insane to screw someone over and not give them an allocation, then try to prey on that and rip them off to sell another car at a huge premium that I'd only need because they skipped me over for an allocation. When I reacted badly, he said that he only offered it to me because I called and that he didn't tell any of his "normal" clients like me about this before because he thought we'd react badly, which is very telling of how they view customer relationships.

My SA is actually great and incredibly nice -- the only reason I think I'm keeping my order is because I want him to get commission on my purchase -- but I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the horrible manager at Alexandria. For those in the area without orders yet, I remember both Passport and Charlottesville being very nice when I spoke to them back in the fall when starting this process, but I stupidly didn't get on their waitlists because I had a good initial experience at Alexandria and wanted to be loyal to them (I also sent $200k in business their way since, which makes me even more annoyed).
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 06:56 AM   #222
charlessimms82
CPT
Rep
Drives: 2022 530i

Damn that's jacked up . I am in Maryland and went through my process that started last December and took delivery in March. Allocation was immediate and I had a production number in 2 days . That dealership you are working with is trash and that came from a few buddies that went the same route you are going but did it back in January . Hope you get started soon
Appreciate 2
T3F45.50
maelfyn156.50
      07-20-2022, 02:06 PM   #223
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
I ordered a 2023 M4 Competition xDrive Coupe from Passport BMW in June and it is currently at the Bremerhaven port. Has anyone had any experience dealing with Passport and how did it work out? Appreciate any in-put.
My wife and I have purchased/leased eleven cars from Passport over the past twenty years, including six M cars. We have always been treated fairly and professionally during the purchase process as well as for service and warranty matters.

I highly recommend them.

Last edited by Remington; 07-20-2022 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 1
beden1511.00
      07-20-2022, 04:13 PM   #224
beden1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
My wife and I have purchased/leased eleven cars from Passport over the past twenty years, including six M cars. We have always been treated fairly and professionlly during the purchase process as well as for service and warranty matters.

I highly recommend them.
Thank you for the response. I purchased a new 2011.5 BMW M3 from them for my son when he was living in the Arlington area, and we were in PA. We had a great experience then. I'm now living in Florida and reached out to see if they had an allocation for an M4, and to my delight, they had just received two the day before. One had already been sold and one remained for me. I am looking forward to dealing with them again when I fly to pick up the car when received.

The dealers here in Florida all try to sell for "market adjusted" prices of up to $30,000 over sticker for an M3/M4. I'm so happy Passport has a policy of not jacking up their prices over sticker. Now, I'm hoping it finds a ship from Germany to Baltimore sooner than later.
      07-28-2022, 10:07 AM   #225
ss_m5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Compitition

I'm number #1 at BMW of Catonsville to get an M3C allocation. What does that mean these days? I am still in for a long wait? Anyone else currently being told they are #1 at this dealership?
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      07-30-2022, 06:44 AM   #226
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_m5 View Post
I'm number #1 at BMW of Catonsville to get an M3C allocation. What does that mean these days? I am still in for a long wait? Anyone else currently being told they are #1 at this dealership?
I had a deposit there for several months, until they pulled some BS with me over my paint choice (Dravit Grey) that they wanted an ADM for. So I withdrew and placed my order elsewhere, and will finally be picking it up this week. But I've been getting my cars serviced at Catonsville for years, and they're generally straight shooters.

Good luck with your order; hopefully they get an allocation soon.
      08-08-2022, 08:36 PM   #227
biglilsteve
Master Chief
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_m5 View Post
Catonsville is a joke. I called them to inquire about placing an order at MSRP. I was advised that they’d be willing to take the order, but my place on the waitlist would slip indefinitely if they receive orders from people willing to pay a markup.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2022, 02:40 AM   #228
MWPcompM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Anyone else currently waiting with BMW Alexandria? What are folks waiting for BMW individual paint?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 06:18 PM   #229
Remington
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 SSG M8 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by beden1 View Post
Thank you for the response. I purchased a new 2011.5 BMW M3 from them for my son when he was living in the Arlington area, and we were in PA. We had a great experience then. I'm now living in Florida and reached out to see if they had an allocation for an M4, and to my delight, they had just received two the day before. One had already been sold and one remained for me. I am looking forward to dealing with them again when I fly to pick up the car when received.

The dealers here in Florida all try to sell for "market adjusted" prices of up to $30,000 over sticker for an M3/M4. I'm so happy Passport has a policy of not jacking up their prices over sticker. Now, I'm hoping it finds a ship from Germany to Baltimore sooner than later.
Did you pick up your M4? How was the experience?
      08-12-2022, 06:33 PM   #230
NightWriter
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWPcompM3 View Post
Anyone else currently waiting with BMW Alexandria? What are folks waiting for BMW individual paint?
It's hard to pinpoint the delay for an individual paint, much as it is to pinpoint the cause for any other delay going on nowadays. The prevailing theory is that BMW tries to batch up paint colors, so the more unique it is, potentially the longer you'll need to wait until they match it up with other orders of the same color. But even the "up to 10 weeks" estimate they give isn't that big a deal nowadays with all the other delays.
      08-12-2022, 08:33 PM   #231
beden1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
Did you pick up your M4? How was the experience?
I just received a text from my SA to let me know the car was being delivered to Passport BMW late this afternoon. So far, at least, I have had a great experience. Hopefully, their wonderful service continues, and they are able to get my car shipped down to me in Florida without any issues!

I'll keep you posted!
      08-14-2022, 06:54 PM   #232
TillyM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 Xdrive

Garage List
2022 M4 Xdrive  [9.83]
2016 MINI JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3F View Post
Note to anyone with deposits at BMW of Alexandria: they don't appear to be fulfilling orders in the order in which deposits were taken in every case. I asked to see the order bank and saw that I was #1, but that 5 2023s before me already have allocations, and I asked the manager how it was possible that I've been told I'm #1 for 4-5 months now and still haven't gotten an allocation, yet there are 5 cars that have. After lots of roundabout arguing, he asked the salesperson who took the order for the most recent car to receive an allocation when his customer placed his deposit in order to prove to me that I wasn't skipped over, and the answer was February, which is 3 months after I placed mine! He then said he needed to "look into it" and would call me back. I got no call back, so I called him back, and after pushing, he finally admitted that they got two allocations recently but gave them to people who complained about the MSRP increase, letting them skip the line as an "apology" (or that was at least my understanding of it -- he was very unclear). This makes zero sense since I'm equally affected by it and have waited even longer, but he refused to reassign them to those at the top of the list like I asked and said he could cancel my order if I didn't want to put up with continuing to wait.

The manager did say they have an available 50 Jahre edition and offered it to me for $20k over sticker. I said that offer was insulting -- it's insane to screw someone over and not give them an allocation, then try to prey on that and rip them off to sell another car at a huge premium that I'd only need because they skipped me over for an allocation. When I reacted badly, he said that he only offered it to me because I called and that he didn't tell any of his "normal" clients like me about this before because he thought we'd react badly, which is very telling of how they view customer relationships.

My SA is actually great and incredibly nice -- the only reason I think I'm keeping my order is because I want him to get commission on my purchase -- but I couldn't be more dissatisfied with the horrible manager at Alexandria. For those in the area without orders yet, I remember both Passport and Charlottesville being very nice when I spoke to them back in the fall when starting this process, but I stupidly didn't get on their waitlists because I had a good initial experience at Alexandria and wanted to be loyal to them (I also sent $200k in business their way since, which makes me even more annoyed).
20k over MSRP ?!?! lol... that's just a huge rip-off...
Not sure what had happened at Alexandria since my purchase a year ago but definitely was nothing like this even during the pandemic. got mine on 1st try at MSRP with allocation given on the first week of deposit. .. Hope you get yours soon,, seems a very bad time to get new car at this time..
Appreciate 1
T3F45.50
      09-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #233
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
How long did it take from arrival at port to dealer pickup? My car is set to arrive at the port in 8 days.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 03:26 PM   #234
khalua80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besharaf View Post
How long did it take from arrival at port to dealer pickup? My car is set to arrive at the port in 8 days.
I'm in Richmond arrived Baltimore Port Aug 14 at dealer and picked up Aug 20
Appreciate 1
Besharaf1064.00
      09-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #235
Besharaf
Captain
Rep
Drives: Thin Air

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalua80 View Post
That's so quick! Makes me feel much better about the delivery schedule now, thank you. And you're not even in NoVA
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 03:37 PM   #236
khalua80
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besharaf View Post
That's so quick! Makes me feel much better about the delivery schedule now, thank you. And you're not even in NoVA
Yeah was kinda surprised when dealer called me bc Genius told me it wouldn't arrive until Monday Aug 22
Appreciate 1
Besharaf1064.00
      09-03-2022, 02:36 PM   #237
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

Hey, I am in RVA also (near Ashland). Just got my production# this past week for my M3CX, what are your specs?

Quote:
      09-03-2022, 02:42 PM   #238
khalua80
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
Hey, I am in RVA also (near Ashland). Just got my production# this past week for my M3CX, what are your specs?
Here's my stock specs I have since switched to frozen Gold 1000M's and added a few other mods. What does your specs look like and did you go with one of the Local dealers?

2023 M3CX
Isle of Man Green
Full Kyalami Orange
Carbon interior pkg
Executive pkg
Parking assist
Shadowline headlights
Icon Laser Headlights
Ventilated seats
826M (black) wheels
Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 10:03 PM   #239
V8MAN
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 M3CxD IOMG

I ordered a very similar spec to yours.
I got the 825M Orbit grey wheels, I did Tartufo extended leather, and black calipers, the rest is the same as yours..
Pretty cool you got the gold 1000Ms, that probably looks really good with IoMG.
I did not get the car from any of the local dealers, they are just too hard to deal with, I went with a dealer in NJ that I have dealt with before, got an allocation in a week after putting down my deposit.

Quote:
Here's my stock specs I have since switched to frozen Gold 1000M's and added a few other mods. What does your specs look like and did you go with one of the Local dealers?

2023 M3CX
Isle of Man Green
Full Kyalami Orange
Carbon interior pkg
Executive pkg
Parking assist
Shadowline headlights
Icon Laser Headlights
Ventilated seats
826M (black) wheels
Red Calipers
      09-04-2022, 12:29 PM   #240
khalua80
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8MAN View Post
I ordered a very similar spec to yours.
I got the 825M Orbit grey wheels, I did Tartufo extended leather, and black calipers, the rest is the same as yours..
Pretty cool you got the gold 1000Ms, that probably looks really good with IoMG.
I did not get the car from any of the local dealers, they are just too hard to deal with, I went with a dealer in NJ that I have dealt with before, got an allocation in a week after putting down my deposit.
Ok cool we need more G8x's around the RVA area.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2022, 09:22 PM   #241
JDUNITNOW
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335I, 750li, X5 G80

Quote:
Ok cool we need more G8x's around the RVA area.
Still can't wait to see your car once your PPF is done. We all need to get together because I have not been able to see othe g80 cars. Went to cars and coffee and a couple of BMW guys barely spoke.
04 BMW X5
11 BMW 335i convertible (sold, sellers market
Appreciate 1
V8MAN497.50
      09-13-2022, 06:57 PM   #242
sugammadex
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 F80 M3 ZCP (Grigio

BMW of Owing Mills are doing $10k mark up on their M cars. Can anyone in Maryland or VA know dealerships that have no mark up?
Appreciate 0