BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southwest

02-20-2023, 04:04 PM   #1
AgsWin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Frozen Dark Grey M3

Question Houston/Austin - Shop to install H&R springs?

Not having much luck finding a shop to install springs and spacers. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 04:09 PM   #2
cubanbimmer3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83, X5 m50i

I just made an appointment at Soul Speed Performance in South Austin to install lowering springs. Will be my first time using them, but seem to have great reviews and are well-versed in BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 09:21 PM   #3
AgsWin
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Frozen Dark Grey M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanbimmer3 View Post
I just made an appointment at Soul Speed Performance in South Austin to install lowering springs. Will be my first time using them, but seem to have great reviews and are well-versed in BMWs.
Got a funny story about them. They lowered my Audi years ago with no issues and so I went back for my 2016 BMW X6 a few years later and they did that one too, picked it up in Austin and drove 2 hours back. A bit later, they called me and said that they "think" they forgot to retighten a bolt. I forget exactly what bolt it was, but they were relieved I got home without my wheels falling off. They insisted on refunding my money and told me to go to a local shop. The local shop took my wheels off and said they were just barely hanging on. Again, I don't remember exactly what they forgot to tighten but that sure was a close call apparently
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 06:57 AM   #4
Misterleeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2022 GV70

Heritage Autohaus in Pflugerville/Hutto/Round Rock.

https://www.heritageautohaus.com/
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 07:10 AM   #5
cubanbimmer3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83, X5 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgsWin View Post
Got a funny story about them. They lowered my Audi years ago with no issues and so I went back for my 2016 BMW X6 a few years later and they did that one too, picked it up in Austin and drove 2 hours back. A bit later, they called me and said that they "think" they forgot to retighten a bolt. I forget exactly what bolt it was, but they were relieved I got home without my wheels falling off. They insisted on refunding my money and told me to go to a local shop. The local shop took my wheels off and said they were just barely hanging on. Again, I don't remember exactly what they forgot to tighten but that sure was a close call apparently
Holy hell!! That’s comforting. Glad you and your ride were alright. I’m not sure of many other options in the Austin area, unfortunately. Pfluggerville is a bit of a trek.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 08:06 PM   #6
shwayne5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80 RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanbimmer3 View Post
Holy hell!! That’s comforting. Glad you and your ride were alright. I’m not sure of many other options in the Austin area, unfortunately. Pfluggerville is a bit of a trek.
I know this is an old post but why would they tell him to drive it once again, somewhere else, to have someone else check? Seems like a bad idea if you know you forgot to tighten a bolt you’d probably want to recommend that he have it towed to a shop. Not driven some more and then be told that it was “barely hanging on” holy hell is right
Appreciate 0