BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southwest

02-10-2023, 07:01 AM   #199
Misterleeman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2022 GV70

Yeah, I'm on the list at Austin BMW. The sales manager Jess I've known for a lot of years - I've bought several cars from him.

I contacted South BMW and I'll try and get an allocation from them.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 12:22 PM   #200
Misterleeman
Private First Class
Rep

South Austin BMW wants a $5k non-refundable deposit to get on their year long wait list.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 08:19 PM   #201
Asmedbeats
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp Xdrive

Garage List
  [0.00]
2023 M3 Comp Xdrive  [0.00]
2023 M3 Comp Xdrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterleeman View Post
South Austin BMW wants a $5k non-refundable deposit to get on their year long wait list.
Wow big change. Less than a year ago it was a $1k refundable.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 03:33 PM   #202
suffer
Private
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 Comp XDrive, X3 M40i

Quote:
There's no such thing as a non-refundable deposit in Texas. If you don't receive a car to your satisfaction, they can't keep your money.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 10:13 PM   #203
Misterleeman
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffer View Post
There's no such thing as a non-refundable deposit in Texas. If you don't receive a car to your satisfaction, they can't keep your money.
Yes, I know that. The fact they said that was enough to not talk to them.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 10:37 PM   #204
Aalfred
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX, 2018 X3 M40i

Reach out to BMW college Station. Their wait list was short when I asked around last August and if its less than 3, I would place and order there. They dont ask for a deposit but do have about 2K in dealer add ons which u can negotiate down
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2023, 10:19 PM   #205
Tgards
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition Xdrive

Guys I need help… I submitted my build order with BMW of Plano in Texas in July of 2022. The salesperson told me to expect summer of 2023 delivery which I was fine waiting for my build. However now I get a text from the sales person saying:

“Hi, we only got one build for March and one for April on the competition xDrive. And BMW apparently made an announcement that the M car production will be decreasing this year to focus on the electric cars. So I really don’t know what the timing will be for your order now, if we get one a month it’ll be another year before we get it filled and we can’t really do anything to change how BMW is building the M3s unfortunately.”

Is this bullshit? What do I do? I live in Scottsdale should I just got to another dealership out here and see if they can get something faster and resubmit a build?? Please help.
      03-22-2023, 09:04 AM   #206
MackyT83
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp X

Yes, look at other dealers. I'm in Houston and placed order yesterday for M3CX. #2 and told May allocation probably.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2023, 10:57 AM   #207
Vinnrox250
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 M3Cx

Garage List
Check out Autobahn in Fort Worth. Brian Hodge; can tell him Vincent sent you. Wait list in Feb 22 and got the car in October of 22. Despite war etc. I was on a waitlist at Sewell Grapevine too; and that list was long!! Jonny was amazing there though. May be worth a shot to reach out to both.
      03-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #208
mthreesixty3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 Carrera (991.2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgards View Post
Guys I need help… I submitted my build order with BMW of Plano in Texas in July of 2022. The salesperson told me to expect summer of 2023 delivery which I was fine waiting for my build. However now I get a text from the sales person saying:

“Hi, we only got one build for March and one for April on the competition xDrive. And BMW apparently made an announcement that the M car production will be decreasing this year to focus on the electric cars. So I really don’t know what the timing will be for your order now, if we get one a month it’ll be another year before we get it filled and we can’t really do anything to change how BMW is building the M3s unfortunately.”

Is this bullshit? What do I do? I live in Scottsdale should I just got to another dealership out here and see if they can get something faster and resubmit a build?? Please help.
This is such BS. We need to cancel EVs
Appreciate 1
Tgards45.00
      04-01-2023, 05:32 PM   #209
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:

I can’t stand those guys and they always play dirty games and come up with the BS like that. What they told you is not correct.

On the other hand, after seeing the Aventurin G82 at BMW of Plano (2 miles from my house), I called the BMW of Arlington, got the allocation the same day (production number) February 6. Am in the paint booth as of yesterday.

And my SA, amazing guy, texts me every time the car makes it to the next step . I love the guys at Arlington.
Appreciate 1
Tgards45.00
      04-03-2023, 01:50 PM   #210
M3Strube
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

First post... I ordered mine at the beginning of last month (March) and it's now at the port. I called pretty much all of the dealers outside of the major Texas cities to see who had allocation. I found one and ordered it from them. I was getting comments of 20+ people lists here in Houston. Open up a search of BMW dealers in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and send emails/call.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2023, 07:47 PM   #211
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Strube View Post
First post... I ordered mine at the beginning of last month (March) and it's now at the port. I called pretty much all of the dealers outside of the major Texas cities to see who had allocation. I found one and ordered it from them. I was getting comments of 20+ people lists here in Houston. Open up a search of BMW dealers in Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and send emails/call.
When is the next boat to Galveston???
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 10:37 AM   #212
Eddie2315
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:

wow they’re still playing this game with people?! i had an order with them in november 2021 and they told me an april 2022 delivery which didn’t happen. def shop around man i ended up taking delivery from another texas dealership last summer
      04-07-2023, 01:57 PM   #213
cubanbimmer3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G83, X5 m50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M View Post
When is the next boat to Galveston???
I think it’s 4/20, and I’m hoping I am on it!!! (build week 12)
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2023, 10:33 PM   #214
SsixHiMod
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: something with a turbo

Quote:
Yeah, I'm on the list at Austin BMW. The sales manager Jess I've known for a lot of years - I've bought several cars from him.

I contacted South BMW and I'll try and get an allocation from them.
How long is their wait list? I’m in the Austin Metro as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 01:24 PM   #215
MisterGoober
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Searching!

Quote:

I was told that they prioritize local customers and they wanted proof of ID to show I was local. I was on the list with both Plano and Grapevine. I dropped my spot with Plano and my Grapevine allocation came through a few months ago (I already had a car at that point). I wonder if they realized you weren't local and now don't want to sell you a car?

Last edited by MisterGoober; 05-16-2023 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2023, 01:25 PM   #216
MisterGoober
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie2315 View Post
wow they’re still playing this game with people?! i had an order with them in november 2021 and they told me an april 2022 delivery which didn’t happen. def shop around man i ended up taking delivery from another texas dealership last summer
Plano BMW is now owned by Sewell. They don't take deposits, so they have the longest lists.
Appreciate 1
Eddie2315527.00
      05-16-2023, 01:35 PM   #217
MisterGoober
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnrox250 View Post
Check out Autobahn in Fort Worth. Brian Hodge; can tell him Vincent sent you. Wait list in Feb 22 and got the car in October of 22. Despite war etc. I was on a waitlist at Sewell Grapevine too; and that list was long!! Jonny was amazing there though. May be worth a shot to reach out to both.
+1 on Brian Hodge. Stand up guy. 100% reach out to Autobahn BMW in Ft. Worth. If you're in the DFW area this is my experience:

Sewell (Grapevine/Plano): Amazing company to work with, purchased several cars from them (not just BMW), BUT since they don't take deposits, their lists are LONG.

BMW of Dallas: Meh, they were fine. Took my deposit, kept me updated that I was "on the list". I saw a broker post that they had an allocation available for an ADM while I was still waiting. Not sure what the whole story was, but didn't sit well with me. They refunded my deposit without issue

BMW of Arlington: Several people had good luck with them, I wasn't one of them. First CA barely wanted to talk to me (this was a year ago when allocations were tight), the next one wasn't giving me clear answers on if they had an allocation and they wanted $5k at the time, also "non-refundable" which is BS in Texas.

Autobahn BMW of Ft.Worth: Super straight up. $1k deposit, fully refundable. Kept me updated along the way, no games no surprises when picking up the car.

BMW of Temple: Called them, they said I was on the list, CA offered me a Jahre (didn't ask about ADM since it wasn't manual), didn't hear from them again.

Wouldn't hesitate to do business with Ft.Worth or Sewell again.

Just my experience and now that the shortages are less impactful, I know who i'll continue to do business with.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2023, 12:07 PM   #218
dspiel
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Nissan 350z, 23 M3 Comp

I placed an initial deposit ($1000) at South Austin BMW for an M3 comp in March with the expectation I would be getting a FY24 at the earliest in Sep/October which was fine by me because my X4M lease is up around the same time. There was several folks ahead of me on the list. They called me a few weeks later and said they were able to bump me up and they took another $4000 deposit. Car went to production several weeks ago and is currently sitting at the port in Germany since May 10th.
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2023, 10:01 PM   #219
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspiel View Post
Car went to production several weeks ago and is currently sitting at the port in Germany since May 10th.
Did it make it on a ship yet?
      06-14-2023, 11:42 AM   #220
dspiel
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Nissan 350z, 23 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaymitch View Post
Did it make it on a ship yet?
Still sitting at the port but there is a ship there heading for galveston so hopefully it is loaded up today.
Appreciate 0