03-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #67
Hoody007
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i ZMZ LCI | 850i/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
What? My local Sonic dealer is not on the list? Say it isn't so.
My closest dealer is Global Imports BMW, a Sonic Automotive dealer.
They tried selling me an evaporator “service” which is supposedly a BMW recommended service. Right…
Also tried telling me my coolant was old and needed to be flushed, in spite of the fact that it’s literally brand new as my radiator had recently been replaced.

Absolutely awful service. Parts department is amazing, though.

I am not surprised to see the Alpharetta location for United BMW on this list, however, as they are a competent place (for a dealer, anyway).

Stay far away from United BMW in Gwinett, however, whose service department is stocked with the most incompetent and insulting individuals I have ever had the distinct displeasure of dealing with.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:02 PM   #68
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

All this list represents are the dealers who are best at reminding and pushing for 10/10s on the aftersales or afterservice survey. There is a reason why they push so hard for positive results on those.

In fact for the scummy dealers it helps to be difficult and shady upfront before the sale, any smart customers who would give fair feedback will just pass on working with them leaving only the pigeons who will give 10/10 for paying 10k over MSRP on a vehicle with 20 more on the lot after being ignored for 2 hours in the showroom
Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
      03-29-2022, 03:16 PM   #69
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
I bought my 2008 E92 M3 and my wife's 2015 BMW X5 from the same local Dealership. In both buying experiences I was encouraged to give 10/10 feedback (which I didn't). To add insult to injury, when taking deliver of the then new X5 from the Dealership, I was disparaged for NOT providing 10/10 feedback. Consider the sheer nerve of the Salesman who did that.. Then consider my nerve when I told him to his face why I hadn't given 10/10 feedback..

For this reason, I intend to keep, maintain, and drive both of the BMW's we own until the wheels fall off rather than go through the new car buying experience ever again. Both vehicles are maintained by a local Indy Shop which is outstanding in many ways. BMW would do well to abandon their 10/10 feedback and Dealer ranking surveys. In this day and age far better means of real time data feedback and crowd sourcing data exists IMO.

IF I were a manager at BMW Corporate I would be hellishly suspicious of Dealerships with lots of 10/10 feedback ratings. So much so that I would use probability and statistics to ascertain if the feedback data pools were being faked. Just my two cents for the interweb.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 3
      03-29-2022, 03:16 PM   #70
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
I've been to dealerships that have won this award and stunk. Also been to dealers that have never won this and was extremely happy with their service.
BMWM5NYC496.00
      03-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #71
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_F87 View Post
Bad experience with them?
No. Not necessarily. I bring my CS there for service, I've just never heard anyone every say "You gotta go there, they have a great CA there"

Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:47 PM   #72
Shiza
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3, X5, Ram 2500, Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sxs1687 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Jason;28740355"
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 29, 2022… BMW of North America announced today its annual Center of Excellence (COE) award winners, recognizing 32 BMW dealers across the U.S. for having delivered exceptional results in sales, service, and customer experience. The Center of Excellence awards are the highest honor a BMW center can receive for overall customer satisfaction and operational performance.

"We're thrilled to celebrate the electrifying performance of this year's winners and mark the return of the prestigious Center of Excellence award following a temporary pause in 2020," said Sebastian Mackensen, president and CEO, BMW NA. "Our dealers are integral to the success of the BMW brand and we are extremely grateful for their tireless efforts, leadership and commitment to our customers. We look forward to an exciting 2022."

All 350 BMW centers in the U.S. were measured on six different sales and aftersales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) based on the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) Index. Winners outperformed their peers across these categories throughout 2021.

2022 Center of Excellence Award Recipients (listed in alphabetical order):

Bert Ogden BMW (McAllen, TX)
BMW of Westchester (White Plains, NY)
Bill Jacobs BMW (Naperville, IL)
Bobby Rahal BMW of South Hills (Canonsburg, PA)
BMW North Scottsdale (Phoenix, AZ)
Braman Motorcars (Miami, FL)
BMW of Anchorage (Anchorage, AK)
Chapman BMW (Phoenix, AZ)
BMW of Bridgeport (Bridgeport, CT)
Galleria BMW (D'Iberville, MS)
BMW of Des Moines (Urbandale, IA)
Habberstad BMW (Huntington Station, NY)
BMW of Grapevine (Grapevine, TX)
Hendrick BMW (Charlotte, NC)
BMW of Honolulu (Honolulu, HI)
Passport BMW (Marlow Heights, MD)
BMW of Louisville (Louisville, KY)
Paul Miller BMW (Wayne, NJ)
BMW of Monrovia (Monrovia, CA)
Rallye BMW (Westbury, NY)
BMW of Murrieta (Murrieta, CA)
Taylor BMW (Evans, GA)
BMW of Omaha (Omaha, NE)
Towne BMW (Williamsville, NY)
BMW of Peabody (Peabody, MA)
Tulley BMW (Nashua, NH)
BMW of Rochester (Rochester, NY)
United BMW (Alpharetta, GA)
BMW of Sioux Falls (Sioux Falls, SD)
Vista BMW (Coconut Creek, FL)
BMW of Sudbury (Sudbury, MA)
BMW of Tuscaloosa (Tuscaloosa, AL)
Passport BMW in MD huh?

Hmm. Before I bought a BMW years ago, I bought a Lexus from Passport Toyota next door and that place absolutely sucked. One of the worst experiences. Refused to honor promises...an extra key, oil changes, etc. I wrote angry emails to the owners of Passport about the whole experience, who had passportbmw email addresses. Never got a response/call/nothing. Maybe the BMW dealer is better than Toyota...prob is but I told myself I'd never go to any passport dealer again anyway. 🤷🏽*♂️

BMW of Silver Spring and BMW of Catonsville have been great.
I've only had one experience with BMW of Catonsville and I can't say it was a good one. Dropped my car off for a recall and started to walk into the showroom, suddenly I just hear someone revving the hell out of it. I turn around and apparently the porter/lot boy doesn't know how to drive a manual. He's just cooking my clutch up a slight incline. Needless to say I wasn't happy.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 03:49 PM   #73
Sxs1687
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
I've only had one experience with BMW of Catonsville and I can't say it was a good one. Dropped my car off for a recall and started to walk into the showroom, suddenly I just hear someone revving the hell out of it. I turn around and apparently the porter/lot boy doesn't know hot to drive a manual. He's just cooking my clutch up a slight incline. Needless to say I wasn't happy.
Oh man! I'd be pissed. There's that big ass hill when you come out of the garage where they park cars and if their drivers can't driver stick,someone else should be moving cars!
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      03-29-2022, 04:13 PM   #74
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
I've been to dealerships that have won this award and stunk. Also been to dealers that have never won this and was extremely happy with their service.
So this anecdotal evidence would seem to indicate the award(s) are either fake, rigged, bogus or all three. Dominion Voting Systems must be in there somewhere..
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/SSP Spec-R DCT clutch discs/SSP Pro-Gold DCT Fluid/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/BE Bearings & ARP Bolts/Vibra Technics Engine Mounts/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/LUX H8 180/BPM Sport DCT Tune/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/Motul 600/Tint
Appreciate 3
      03-29-2022, 04:15 PM   #75
MachinesWithSouls
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFerry View Post
Quote:
So this anecdotal evidence would seem to indicate the award(s) are either fake, rigged, bogus or all three. Dominion Voting Systems must be in there somewhere..
I think it has to do with the amount of cars sold.
DrFerry6728.50
      03-29-2022, 04:18 PM   #76
DrFerry
Field Marshal
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.25]
2015 BMW X5  [4.50]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh I see. So it's a Sales Award and not a Service Award, but shouldn't it be both? How can an award for Excellence be for one without the other? I guess anything's possible in today's mirror clown world.
Appreciate 2
      03-29-2022, 04:53 PM   #77
Sparky_12
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp xDrive Convertibl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP///M4C View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 29, 2022… BMW of North America announced today its annual Center of Excellence (COE) award winners, recognizing 32 BMW dealers across the U.S. for having delivered exceptional results in sales, service, and customer experience. The Center of Excellence awards are the highest honor a BMW center can receive for overall customer satisfaction and operational performance.

"We're thrilled to celebrate the electrifying performance of this year's winners and mark the return of the prestigious Center of Excellence award following a temporary pause in 2020," said Sebastian Mackensen, president and CEO, BMW NA. "Our dealers are integral to the success of the BMW brand and we are extremely grateful for their tireless efforts, leadership and commitment to our customers. We look forward to an exciting 2022."

All 350 BMW centers in the U.S. were measured on six different sales and aftersales Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) based on the Balanced Scorecard (BSC) Index. Winners outperformed their peers across these categories throughout 2021.

2022 Center of Excellence Award Recipients (listed in alphabetical order):

I've dealt with both dealerships listed in GA. Bought my current M4 from Taylor BMW and get it serviced at United BMW. Can't say much about United as I've had issues with them in the past when buying and negotiating, they were the worst to deal with. Service is ok.
Just bought my wife's car from United and it wasn't an awesome experience. They messed up a few things that showed lack of attention to detail.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:30 PM   #78
Quadruple VANOS
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

Woodcliff Lake, NJ – March 29, 2022… BMW of North America announced today its annual Center of Excellence (COE) award winners, recognizing 32 BMW dealers across the U.S. for having delivered exceptional results in sales, service, and customer experience.

I guess we'd have to learn more about the KPIs and BSC Index to really know how these awards are truly measured. However, if you're a horrible retail business you usually don't have great sales volume, nor a lot of positive post-sales customer feedback. They're obviously doing something right to beat out the other dealers.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 06:33 PM   #79
Resjudicata
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M850i convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine300zhp View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
Quote:
Passport BMW is not Passport Toyota. Ask anyone from the DC metro area (where I am originally from before relocating to South Florida) and they will tell you that Passport BMW is one of the top BMW stores in the entire region. They are a store that, based on my prior experience, actually deserves to be on the list.
My BMW dealership (on the list) is part of a giant Penske foreign car dealership grouping. From what I have been able to see, the different general managers have a lot of independence so the dealership experience does vary from store to store.
With Penske, you are correct that individual dealer managers have a large amount of autonomy. The opposite is true for Autonation stores. I have a friend that works at a Penske store and his boss does whatever he wants. I have a friend who is a manager at a Asbury Group BMW store (they are a fairly large nationwide auto group) and he has a good bit of autonomy as well.
I too bought my bmw from Ashburn group dealerships
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:17 PM   #80
djrabbi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithcinema View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50shadesofhockenheim View Post
Some of these dealerships must be paying BMW NA off with the crazy mark ups they're charging
Lol Paul Miller a bunch of crooks purchased 3 times in last 9 years with them , they wanted to charge me $10,000 over msrp to order a x7 , I can see if they wanted to sell me one on there lot for more money not to wait , but to order ??? No issue ordering a x7 so went to Atlantic City bmw who is not on this list and they even gave me a military discount and loyalty discount off the msrp on exactly what I wanted , I will never do business again with Paul Miller bmw
Yup! My brother lives near them. Before I was interested in a 4 series in my 20s and guy said, "can you even afford this car?"

I went out an got a better car in the Lexus GS. Fuck that guy lol
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 08:27 PM   #81
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Funny, my experience with both is the opposite - BMWNS was always great, ethical, etc., Chapman - I nearly wrote to the state AG after my last experience there a year ago, it was THAT bad. Absolutely criminal activity by F&I.

BMWNS is a Penske-owned dealership. I've had a ton of experience with various Penske joints and they've all been positive. My wife is waiting for a new Jetta GLI from VWNS, also Penske-owned. No markup over MSRP, and they are even honoring the VW "Partner Program" certificate that will get her an additional $500 discount from final sale price.
Yeah that’s wild. I’ve bought and serviced from NS and Chapman Camelback and all of my experiences at Chapman have all been pleasant, no muss no fuss. I live slightly closer to NS and I’m in that area all the time but I’ll drive to Camelback to get my car serviced.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 09:26 PM   #82
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Quote:
How did Braman Miami and Vista Coconut Creek make the list??? Those of us who live in South Florida know why I say this. Those two are known to be among the worst BMM stores in Florida. On top of that, Vista Coconut Creek has a showroom that looks very dated.
This is 100% something to do w the most profitable or highest revenue generating stores... Braman is the worst dealer that I have ever stepped foot in.

Bmw of Fort Lauderdale is the best dealer in South Florida and family owned...
I bought a z4 coupe over a decade ago from them. I had a very good experience with them. Never did service with them because I'm in Palm Beach county.

As for Braman, I've had great experiences from Braman and really bad experiences also. If it wasn't for the excellent job from my service advisor Carlos, I would drive to another county and get my service elsewhere.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 09:49 PM   #83
SahandBB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M5 F90

No Cali 😂😂😂
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2022, 10:19 PM   #84
NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCtennis3811 View Post
BMW of Grapevine is listed! I knew it would be; it's part of the Sewell family of dealers. Honestly, it was the best car buying experience I've ever had. I'm glad they're being recognized!
Never bought a BMW from them, but I've bought two Lexus vehicles from Sewell for my wife. And they're 8 hours away. Great to deal with both times.

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 2
      03-29-2022, 10:24 PM   #85
NGT2
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i xDrive (2020)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I figure some this is tilted by size of market. Smaller markets aren't going to move as many cars, no matter how good the service. I got mine from Century BMW in Huntsville, AL. But they probably don't have the market that some on that list have. They were really great, by the way. I'll give them the first shot at the next one, for sure. I'd take it back there for service but driving 3 hours for an oil change seems a little much!

RETIRED: 2018 540i Luxury Line (Dark Graphite/Canberra Beige)
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2022, 05:33 AM   #86
Hutchinson04
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 convertible E23 7 Serie

Braman? Based on what criteria?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2022, 06:00 AM   #87
its55
2008 BMW E92 M3
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Garage List
Never met a dealership I liked for a buying experience. All total and complete PITA's. And I have purchased numerous new cars over 50 years.
Appreciate 3
Cos270608.50
DrFerry6728.50
Entropy89196.00
      03-30-2022, 07:34 AM   #88
happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
+1 They're known to be very competitive in pricing for new cars in the DC area. I've never dealt with their service department, but I know they offer to drop off loaners and pick up your car at your home/office.
been using passport BMW for about 10 years now and agree they are a cut above others in the DMV...including sales, finance, and service. my only disappointment was not being able to secure my M2C allocation through them. having bought 3 cars from them, i thought it would be a no brainer...but they just couldnt get an allocation in early '21, so i had to go to rockville.

annapolis is improving. i wont go back to alexandria.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 0