02-27-2023, 03:13 AM   #1
zaylek
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07 E93 N54

Garage List
BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
So I picked an 07 E93 few weeks back from a dealer which was at 97k miles now (100,035) and the other day I was shifting gears w the manual mode when I heard a crunching / static noise which seemed off, I drove it for a bit down the road more and noticed battery light was on and power steering was gone which led to the only thing something happened with the serpentine belt. I pull over, couldn’t see anything off the bat until I drove to autozone and found belt pieces under the car and to the right next to the fan. I drove as is to another location to buy a serpentine belt right away and drove as is for “15 miles” risking it all to my buddy’s house to try and replace it. That night comes along and it’s super cold and we called it a night and picked up the next day, loosened everything and took apart what’s needed and right as we released the tensioner….the bottom part of the belt was still tangled. So we stopped it right then and there and figured the motor has went to shit at this point. I would like to know if anyone here can tell me if this is a case of the serpentine belt stuck into the crankshaft pulley / sucked into engine or if it’s just stuck via video. “ video of pulley” if anyone can help out I’d appreciate it….message me via here and I can give out my contact info for anymore questions and pics / videos. As well as noticed a small oil puddle coming out of engine cap. I have towed it to a bmw last night and will be in there first thing in the morning. - https://www.vimeo.com/manage/videos/802609837/general
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2023, 08:22 AM   #2
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

oof, likely sucked it in. always call a tow truck
Appreciate 0