BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

09-08-2021, 04:25 PM   #155
Stans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadHater View Post
Nope. I should get an update this week. I had my PPF and ceramic appointment setup already because they told me week 37 for delivery.
That's rough. I'm sure the PFF and ceramic guys will understand. Sucks to be so close and have everything change.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 05:17 AM   #156
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M4Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtotheq View Post

Well I guess this information will be good for a lot of people here. While yes, is true that you can not have apple play or android auto activated while in Germany….. you can do so in France 😅.

This happened to 2 of my coworkers so I decided to give it a shot. I literally drove to France. Specifically the part close to the Black Forest. I only drove there for about 6 hours and my X5 (G05) got an over the air update and activated the apple play and basically all the features like back in the states.

From there I had to do the normal process on iDrive7 to activate everything (since the signal is not the same the message might take a few hours to show on the car). Once done you just register everything trough myBMW website and you set.

I need to mention a few things tough, while your be able to use the phone app to locate your car… you won't be able to do basically anything else due to the signal available in Germany… ex, no turning the lights or locking or unlocking the vehicle with your phone. Everything else works fine.

Like I said. This had happened already to me and a few others and is always going to France. If you can't drive there because License or passport etc… there is several parts of Black Forest that is so high up that will detect you as being in France (while being in Germany still) just a tough. I actually crossed the border so not sure if the last option would work at all.

Took a road trip to Cora, no update or activation yet….
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 05:23 AM   #157
gtotheq
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2022 BMW M3 (G80)  [0.00]
2021 BMW / X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarkoseTraum View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtotheq View Post
[COLOR="BLACK"][/COLOR]

Well I guess this information will be good for a lot of people here. While yes, is true that you can not have apple play or android auto activated while in Germany….. you can do so in France 😅.

This happened to 2 of my coworkers so I decided to give it a shot. I literally drove to France. Specifically the part close to the Black Forest. I only drove there for about 6 hours and my X5 (G05) got an over the air update and activated the apple play and basically all the features like back in the states.

From there I had to do the normal process on iDrive7 to activate everything (since the signal is not the same the message might take a few hours to show on the car). Once done you just register everything trough myBMW website and you set.

I need to mention a few things tough, while your be able to use the phone app to locate your car… you won't be able to do basically anything else due to the signal available in Germany… ex, no turning the lights or locking or unlocking the vehicle with your phone. Everything else works fine.

Like I said. This had happened already to me and a few others and is always going to France. If you can't drive there because License or passport etc… there is several parts of Black Forest that is so high up that will detect you as being in France (while being in Germany still) just a tough. I actually crossed the border so not sure if the last option would work at all.

Took a road trip to Cora, no update or activation yet….
Did you try to do the activation through the website? The message with the code will be sent to your iDrive7 message center on the car. The one way to notice if the update when trough is on your device tab on iDrive7. Instead of just saying Bluetooth, it will have the added option for Apple CarPlay.

The one thing you need to get everything working is that code sent to your car. Once you have it you should be set
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 05:48 AM   #158
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Well it’s showing up on the website, but no where to request a pin.

I guess I can always make another trip to Cora.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 07:48 AM   #159
gtotheq
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW / X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Well it's showing up on the website, but no where to request a pin.

I guess I can always make another trip to Cora.
Do it trough the app, website is a hit or miss while in Germany. Most of the times requires me to use VPN and it gives too many issues that way.

App is more user friendly
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:10 AM   #160
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Still unable to find with the app.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:30 AM   #161
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Does it matter if you use the US app or the German app? I believe they are separate apps.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #162
gtotheq
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW / X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
Quote:
Does it matter if you use the US app or the German app? I believe they are separate apps.

They are separate, I have the US app. The AppStore I'll download the us app automatically as long your phone AppStore is set to US.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 09:05 AM   #163
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Another reply from BMW. Why do they make it so complicated?

———————
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

We are unable to assist in any way as the vehicle is not in the US. We are not aware how Apple CarPlay in a US spec vehicle is working in Germany. You may visit a BMW center in Germany and see if there is anything they can do on their end.

If vehicle mapping is desired even if vehicle is not present in the United of States at this time, we can assist with this process.

Please let us know through this email tread that Warranty has validate the vehicle within the United of States and we will proceed with the request. For further information please email: Validations@bmwna.com.

Should you have further questions or need additional information, you may reply directly to this e-mail. Our days of operation are Monday-Friday; 8:30 AM-5:30 PM EST.

Sincerely,

ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

Fax: 888-226-9492

PO Box 100035

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33310
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 11:43 AM   #164
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 COMP XDrive

My wife's 2019 US volvo xc90 just arrived. Android auto and car play both work. They are being lazy. I got a similar response. I told them to put my VIN in the connected auto system and I will do the rest because right now I cant register my car in the .na or .de sites... it says the VIN is not valid. So that's step 1. I have a strong feeling it will work if they just do that. There is no logical reason why it would not work. My US cell phone works here. It is essentially a cellular connection to download the apps.

Last edited by adameaton; 09-09-2021 at 11:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #165
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

I went through this same thing. I magically got the update one day and I was able to send the pin to the car and put it into the app. I was at the car wash by Vogelweh.
BMW sent me all those same emails and I had given up.
      09-11-2021, 07:38 AM   #166
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Hey all,

I have had my car for about a week now and thought I would share some information/thoughts on random things that might help others.

So far I have really been enjoying it. The cars size is something that I am still getting used to after owning VW hatchbacks pretty much my whole life.

First off.... Make sure the shipping blocks are removed. Mine were not when I picked up my car. The rear ones are pretty easy to spot since they are bright blue and go around the rear shock pistons. They are visible just behind the wheels without having to jack the car. The front ones actually go under the boot of the front piston so you have to lift if up to see them. Spoiler alert.... the car rides like absolute shit with them still installed.

For those who don't want to drill holes in their cars I would recommend the tow hook plate mount by https://eosplates.com/collections/bm...-mount-bracket. I was able to swing getting a "medium" sized plate for my car so the parking sensors would not be obstructed. Its a little awkward looking but it's a great solution to avoid mutilating a brand new $75K+ car.

The all weather floor mats for the G20 3 series also fit the car perfectly. Here are the part #'s Front: 51472461168 Rear: 51475A134A7. I ordered them from Amazon.de.

I also ordered the OEM roof rack and bike attachment. Once I get it test fitted I can share info about it if people would like. From what I have gathered it's made by Thule and I ended up paying less than half of what I would have if I purchased it straight from them.

As for other thoughts the only real negative things I can point out so far are the glove box, blind spot monitors, and the issues with getting connected drive set up which we all know about. The glove box is designed poorly and putting anything more than the owners manual in it requires adjusting the contents to get it to close easily. As for the blind spot monitors their performance definitely feels sub par and it doesn't seem to pick up when vehicles are in those zones consistently. The system on my Golf R which is less that half the prices was superior.

For spec suggestions I would 10/10 recommend the exterior carbon package. I feel that it aesthetically takes the car to a new level and also gets rid of the cheap looking honeycomb on the front bumper that doesn't fit the rest of the car at all.
Appreciate 1
dwlc8374.50
      09-11-2021, 03:09 PM   #167
theone210
theone210
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 competition xdrive

My car is in for build first week of October. I ordered mine from Bavarian. I will keep everyone posted. My advisor said it should be ready by Halloween. If it is it is if it isn’t I’ll just wait like I have been.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 05:59 PM   #168
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

I'm interested in the roof rack you got and what it cost you. I'm assuming you have the CF roof.
      09-12-2021, 06:15 AM   #169
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
I'm interested in the roof rack you got and what it cost you. I'm assuming you have the CF roof.
So its the 3 series G20 roof rack. It just screws into the factory mounting points on the roof. I just test fit the rails this morning and they fit no problem.

Here is the website I got it from: https://www.baum-bmwshop24.de/?gclid...hoCJCMQAvD_BwE

The item number for the rails is 82712457808
I also got the bike attachment which is 82722472964

I payed just over $340 for both
Appreciate 1
CadHater767.50
      09-12-2021, 06:30 AM   #170
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy1771 View Post
Quote:
So its the 3 series G20 roof rack. It just screws into the factory mounting points on the roof. I just test fit the rails this morning and they fit no problem.

Here is the website I got it from: https://www.baum-bmwshop24.de/?gclid...hoCJCMQAvD_BwE

The item number for the rails is 82712457808
I also got the bike attachment which is 82722472964

I payed just over $340 for both
Man, I would be so nervous about dropping the bike and scratching the roof when loading/unloading.
That's not a bad price for that setup though.
      09-12-2021, 01:48 PM   #171
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Good news on the connected drive, I kept sending emails to customercare@bmwassist.com and warranty validations, and someone must have plugged it into the system and voila! It works.

So keep sending the documents and it will work.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 02:01 PM   #172
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Good news on the connected drive, I kept sending emails to customercare@bmwassist.com and warranty validations, and someone must have plugged it into the system and voila! It works.

So keep sending the documents and it will work.
what exactly were you sending in regards to documents. Ill start spamming them this week.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 06:17 PM   #173
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

The warranty validation sheet, purchase order, origin, registration, and insurance card. Also I called the warranty departments and connected drive about once a week, asking status or to ask them to add the VIN. One person from the connected drive recommended asking the dealership to send another service agreement.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 05:39 AM   #174
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 COMP XDrive

Seen on patch. Anyone here? Very nice IOMG. G82 Black interior, black wheels, blue calipers.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:12 PM   #175
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone210 View Post
My car is in for build first week of October. I ordered mine from Bavarian. I will keep everyone posted. My advisor said it should be ready by Halloween. If it is it is if it isn't I'll just wait like I have been.
There are a couple of us in here scheduled for week 40 as well. I ordered from Euler. What specs did you end up picking?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #176
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone210 View Post
My car is in for build first week of October. I ordered mine from Bavarian. I will keep everyone posted. My advisor said it should be ready by Halloween. If it is it is if it isn't I'll just wait like I have been.
There are a couple of us in here scheduled for week 40 as well. I ordered from Euler. What specs did you end up picking?
Euler told me I was week 37 but they said I got bumped to October.
I am not hopeful for October. They have only been getting one allocation per month.
I have started looking at Porsches…
They initially made it sound like they would get multiple allocations per month. At this rate I'm looking at taking delivery in 2022.
Maybe I should just go grab the M5 CS they have for sale at Bavarian!