BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

08-24-2021, 08:09 AM   #133
Stans
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadHater View Post
Just got my delivery confirmation for week 37, Sept 13-19. I guess I need to schedule my PPF.

Weird they never provided a production or VIN to track the vehicle though.
That is weird. Tobias said I would receive an update from their office on my verified date but I still don't have it. I'll ask him I guess. Congrats!
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 08:37 AM   #134
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stans View Post
Quote:
Just got my delivery confirmation for week 37, Sept 13-19. I guess I need to schedule my PPF.

That is weird. Tobias said I would receive an update from their office on my verified date but I still don't have it. I'll ask him I guess. Congrats!
I still haven't received that update email, but I asked about the status today and they told me week 37.
      08-24-2021, 10:09 AM   #135
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:
I still haven't received that update email, but I asked about the status today and they told me week 37.
So your build is complete? I'm still waiting on the vin to provide the bank for my loan.

Days are seeming to drag. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 10:13 AM   #136
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:

Were you expecting this? I was told a September build date but haven't heard anything definite. Was told they weren't building anymore until beginning of October (week 40) when they expect the camera shipments to arrive??🤷 heard this from Mathias at Euler.

Hope I hear something soon, too. Are you ordering from Bavarian or Euler?
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 10:18 AM   #137
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
So your build is complete? I'm still waiting on the vin to provide the bank for my loan.

Days are seeming to drag. lol
I think it's still being built. They said my DELIVERY would be Week 37.
      08-24-2021, 10:20 AM   #138
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc83 View Post
Quote:

Were you expecting this? I was told a September build date but haven't heard anything definite. Was told they weren't building anymore until beginning of October (week 40) when they expect the camera shipments to arrive??🤷 heard this from Mathias at Euler.

Hope I hear something soon, too. Are you ordering from Bavarian or Euler?
Yeah, I was expecting a September delivery. I was initially hoping for August, but that didn't happen.

I ordered from Euler in June.
      08-29-2021, 05:17 AM   #139
Stans
Private
Rep

I saw a Brooklyn grey M3 coming out of Kindsbach yesterday heading into Landstuhl. It looked great. There is also a tanzanite blue with silverstone interior at Bavaria. That was my second choice, it looks awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:22 AM   #140
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 COMP XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twixx007 View Post
Apple CarPlay works fine along with the BMW NAV in my 2020 G80 here in Germany. My G80 is a US Spec car in Germany. There is a process you have to go through to make it work.

If you would not mind sharing your VIN I could use it. I am being told this is impossible on my G80 so I would like to provide evidence.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2021, 03:35 PM   #141
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by adameaton View Post
If you would not mind sharing your VIN I could use it. I am being told this is impossible on my G80 so I would like to provide evidence.
Any update on this? I pick up my car Friday and I’m curious/dreading the process of getting it working.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 11:53 AM   #142
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep

Nothing yet. I need a VIN from someone whose car is working so that I can call bullshit on their claims.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 01:29 PM   #143
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adameaton View Post
Nothing yet. I need a VIN from someone whose car is working so that I can call bullshit on their claims.
If you look at the link provided a few posts ago that sends you to the X5 forum there are a few people that listed VINs that had theirs working.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 02:06 PM   #144
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW M4Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy1771 View Post
Any update on this? I pick up my car Friday and I’m curious/dreading the process of getting it working.
Bavarian Motors sent my car information to BMW for warranty validation. Waiting on BMW NA. Can update when something happens.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 02:19 PM   #145
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarkoseTraum View Post
Bavarian Motors sent my car information to BMW for warranty validation. Waiting on BMW NA. Can update when something happens.
Appreciate it. Based off what I have read so far it seems the process isn’t streamlined at all and everyone has to jump through different hoops and end up with various levels of operation….
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 10:56 PM   #146
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy1771 View Post
If you look at the link provided a few posts ago that sends you to the X5 forum there are a few people that listed VINs that had theirs working.
I did send those Vins. They claim to have sent it to the right department a d they say it cant be done. Next step is to get a G80 VIN.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 03:51 PM   #147
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

Edit: I've sent this documentation to them... ehh like 5 times. I'm so happy the army has trained me to have 1000 copies of everything in an organized folder.

My current progress:

----
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

All US spec Military vehicles must go through a process called the Warranty Validation Process. For further information please email:
Validations@bmwna.com.<image002.gif>

If vehicle mapping is desired even if vehicle is not present in the United of States at this time, we can assist with this process. Please let us know through this email thread that Warranty has validated the vehicle within the United of States and we will proceed with the request.

For Military Deliveries, Proof of Ownership can be at least two of the following documents:

A copy of the Certificate of Origin for vehicle.
A copy of the vehicle Registration.
A copy of the vehicle Insurance card.
At this time, we have received Certificate of Origin and Bill of Sale. Please provide Insurance or Registration.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 10:47 AM   #148
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

I shall see if I can use Apple CarPlay now

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the BMW Group.

This email serves as confirmation that your vehicle has been validated.

For any questions or additional follow up regarding your requested Letter of Compliance, you may contact BMW Customer Relations @ 800-831-1117 or CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.

As always, our authorized centers look forward to assisting you.

Best Regards,

BMW Group

Warranty Service
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 12:01 AM   #149
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I shall see if I can use Apple CarPlay now

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting the BMW Group.

This email serves as confirmation that your vehicle has been validated.

For any questions or additional follow up regarding your requested Letter of Compliance, you may contact BMW Customer Relations @ 800-831-1117 or CustomerRelations@bmwusa.com.

As always, our authorized centers look forward to assisting you.

Best Regards,

BMW Group

Warranty Service
Great let us know! I sent all that to connecteddrive germany. Might have to redo it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 12:08 AM   #150
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

My week 37 (Sept 13-17) delivery got pushed to October. More waiting…

I still haven't received VIN or production number. Maybe I'll get the car by Christmas.
      09-08-2021, 08:34 AM   #151
Stans
Private
Rep

Quote:

I still haven't received VIN or production number. Maybe I'll get the car by Christmas.
Did they give you a specific week? I reached out to Euler and they haven't responded yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 01:43 PM   #152
NarkoseTraum
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep

The process of getting Apple CarPlay in this car is getting to be annoying...

--------Email from BMW Assist

Dear Customer,

All Military vehicles when returning to the United of States, must go through a process called the Warranty Validation Process. For further information please email:
Validations@bmwna.com.<Mail Attachment>

If vehicle mapping is desired even if vehicle is not present in the United of States at this time, we can assist with this process. Please let us know through this email tread that Warranty has validate the vehicle within the United of States and we will proceed with the request.

For Military Deliveries, Proof of Ownership can be at least two of the following documents:

Please be advised that vehicle is an U.S spec vehicle. Furthermore, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a Simcard embedded in the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all services. This SimCard is registered for the U.S market. Therefore, technology will not operate in other countries.

Sincerely,

------------------

Overall, its an annoying and irritating process.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 02:28 PM   #153
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Did they give you a specific week? I reached out to Euler and they haven't responded yet.
Nope. I should get an update this week. I had my PPF and ceramic appointment setup already because they told me week 37 for delivery.
      09-08-2021, 03:17 PM   #154
gtotheq
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Garage List
2022 BMW M3 (G80)  [0.00]
2021 BMW / X5  [0.00]
Quote:
The process of getting Apple CarPlay in this car is getting to be annoying...

--------Email from BMW Assist

Dear Customer,

All Military vehicles when returning to the United of States, must go through a process called the Warranty Validation Process. For further information please email:
Validations@bmwna.com.<Mail Attachment>

If vehicle mapping is desired even if vehicle is not present in the United of States at this time, we can assist with this process. Please let us know through this email tread that Warranty has validate the vehicle within the United of States and we will proceed with the request.

Please be advised that vehicle is an U.S spec vehicle. Furthermore, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a Simcard embedded in the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all services. This SimCard is registered for the U.S market. Therefore, technology will not operate in other countries.

Sincerely,

------------------

Overall, its an annoying and irritating process.
[COLOR="BLACK"][/COLOR]

Well I guess this information will be good for a lot of people here. While yes, is true that you can not have apple play or android auto activated while in Germany….. you can do so in France 😅.

This happened to 2 of my coworkers so I decided to give it a shot. I literally drove to France. Specifically the part close to the Black Forest. I only drove there for about 6 hours and my X5 (G05) got an over the air update and activated the apple play and basically all the features like back in the states.

From there I had to do the normal process on iDrive7 to activate everything (since the signal is not the same the message might take a few hours to show on the car). Once done you just register everything trough myBMW website and you set.

I need to mention a few things tough, while your be able to use the phone app to locate your car… you won't be able to do basically anything else due to the signal available in Germany… ex, no turning the lights or locking or unlocking the vehicle with your phone. Everything else works fine.

Like I said. This had happened already to me and a few others and is always going to France. If you can't drive there because License or passport etc… there is several parts of Black Forest that is so high up that will detect you as being in France (while being in Germany still) just a tough. I actually crossed the border so not sure if the last option would work at all.
Appreciate 0