BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-01-2023, 12:28 PM   #1
Day Laborer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: M5 CS / iX 50i

Garage List
  [0.00]
MY24 G80 Allocations are out!

Just checked, MY24 G80 Allocations are out !

220 allocations nationwide, likely to get gobbled up by waitlisted clients or those who's MY23 orders will be converted into 24s

No pricing guides published yet though.

Base Sedan (6MT) MSRP is 76,000
Base RWD Comp is 80,200
Base xDrive Comp is 84,300
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 6
      06-01-2023, 12:40 PM   #2
BryanCO
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 997.1 GT3 G80 Manuals

Thanks for the news. Just reached out to my dealer…
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 05:17 PM   #3
MugenNeuspeed
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 M3

Knew there was going to be another price increase
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2023, 09:58 PM   #4
SpartanG80
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

What does this mean? I am new to the forum , and kind of understand but please help.

I ordered a g80 comp 3 weeks ago. My wife and I are curious to how long our wait time is for an allocation?

I will be calling my dealer tomorrow for some answers. What should I ask?
Thank you all in advance.
-Matt
Location is El Paso Texas.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2023, 10:03 PM   #5
Hardeight27
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpatanG80 View Post
What does this mean? I am new to the forum , and kind of understand but please help.

I ordered a g80 comp 3 weeks ago. My wife and I are curious to how long our wait time is for an allocation?

-Matt
Only your dealer can give you an estimate. Some dealers get multiple allocations every month, some get one every few months or less. July allocations are out now so if you got one, your dealer should tell you.
If not and you stick with that dealer, you'll be waiting till next month to see if you get one then.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2023, 10:16 PM   #6
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CompX

Quote:

-Matt
I’ll echo what hardeight said.

I didn’t know how allocations worked and basically had to figure it all out myself. (I only recently stumbled upon this forum which has helped out a lot.)

My advice would be call every dealer in your area that is close and get on every waitlist you can for an allocation, assuming you want the car sooner rather than later. If you’re not in a rush, then obviously, that’s overkill.

Some dealers have waitlists of 30+ people waiting for an allocation, while others have a few or none. Being number 1 on the waitlist doesn’t mean you’ll get an allocation the following month because (from what I understand and I could be wrong so someone correct me), allocations are based on sales. The more sales a dealer does, the more allocations they could get. I’ve had a few dealers tell me that’s not true, but from my experience, it is.

Typically, allocations are sent out monthly, but again, that doesn’t mean every dealer will get one. I was number one on a waitlist at dealer for three months until I got an allocation. This particular dealership doesn’t sell the high volume that others do, so they only got 2 allocations in 6 months. Some dealers will get twice that in a month. The higher you are the waitlist the better, but it’s not a guarantee you’ll get one soon.

I wouldn’t put all of your eggs in one basket is my best advice. Get on multiple waitlists.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 06:58 AM   #7
SpartanG80
Registered
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Competition

Thank you both for the response. I will have to find out their sales volume and now I can ask the proper questions.
I'll post what I find out.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 08:12 AM   #8
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you both for the response. I will have to find out their sales volume and now I can ask the proper questions.
Anytime! Hopefully that helps!

Again, this is just my experience. Full disclosure: I was new to this 6 months ago and these were my takeaways. Others likely have different experiences.

It’s a numbers game. The more WLs you’re on, the better your odds, in my opinion.

Last advice: Make sure you get proof you’re on a WL. Write down names of people you talk to, get an email from them confirming, etc. I had some individuals who ask for my info, add me to the “WL” and would be in touch. I’d call one month later to check about WL progress, and no one knew who I was. lol
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2023, 10:47 AM   #9
Day Laborer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Or you can skip the line and hire our brokerage service to get you an immediately available allocation that already has a scheduled production date.

email us at Nextlevelautobrokersdc@gmail.com

Thanks!
Part-time with Next Level Auto Brokers, LLC https://www.instagram.com/nextlevelautobrokers/
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2023, 01:33 PM   #10
mcsquared
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 SSG G80 6m/t

^^Day Laborer is definitely awesome at what he does, and very responsive to all questions. Definitely reach out to him, for sure!
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 04:09 PM   #11
BryanCO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapter2099 View Post
Anytime! Hopefully that helps!

Again, this is just my experience. Full disclosure: I was new to this 6 months ago and these were my takeaways. Others likely have different experiences.

It’s a numbers game. The more WLs you’re on, the better your odds, in my opinion.

Last advice: Make sure you get proof you’re on a WL. Write down names of people you talk to, get an email from them confirming, etc. I had some individuals who ask for my info, add me to the “WL” and would be in touch. I’d call one month later to check about WL progress, and no one knew who I was. lol
I don’t play the multiple wait list game.

There is no such proof as to your standing on a wait list. Dealers can give allocations out as they see fit. Dealers can lie about how many and to whom received their allocations. And dealers generally don’t like customers whom get on multiple wait lists - so don’t tell them if you go that route.

Find (try to) a good, reputable dealer to do business with who has an allocation timeline that works for you. Wait and order a car when your name comes up.

This approach can also go sideways but, for me, has resulted in a good buying experience many, many times.
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2023, 04:18 PM   #12
otmfancy
Rep
Drives: G80 m3

Quote:

-Matt
Did you call your dealer? I had placed an order two weeks ago and didn't know allocations would be coming out this month so I lucked out I guess my dealer didn't have anyone on the waitlist cause they texted me this morning and gave me my production number , production is july 17th-23
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 05:41 PM   #13
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
I don’t play the multiple wait list game.

There is no such proof as to your standing on a wait list. Dealers can give allocations out as they see fit. Dealers can lie about how many and to whom received their allocations. And dealers generally don’t like customers whom get on multiple wait lists - so don’t tell them if you go that route.

Find (try to) a good, reputable dealer to do business with who has an allocation timeline that works for you. Wait and order a car when your name comes up.

This approach can also go sideways but, for me, has resulted in a good buying experience many, many times.
Allocation timelines don’t exist. The dealer has no idea when or how many allocations they’ll get. It’s a probability game - the more waitlists you’re on, the quicker you’ll get an allocation.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 05:52 PM   #14
TheOperator_
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Comp xDrive

I was one of the victims of the carbon bucket shortage. Received my allocation 2/28, multiple delays and then was told on 5/17 I had to remove them or cancel my order.

I received a call from my salesperson today that buckets are again able to be ordered. I got their first 2024 allocation. Here’s the pricing list for my order. He is under the assumption that wireless charging is a standard feature now.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      06-02-2023, 06:44 PM   #15
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOperator_ View Post
I was one of the victims of the carbon bucket shortage. Received my allocation 2/28, multiple delays and then was told on 5/17 I had to remove them or cancel my order.

I received a call from my salesperson today that buckets are again able to be ordered. I got their first 2024 allocation. Here’s the pricing list for my order. He is under the assumption that wireless charging is a standard feature now.
Beautiful build.

Someone replied to me today and said the wireless charging is standard now. When I logged into MyGarage, it was confirmed under standard features too.

Looks like we’ll be sharing the build journey together. lol I just got my allocation as well.
Appreciate 3
      06-02-2023, 06:47 PM   #16
fanofbmwe46
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Did executive package go up by $200?
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 06:51 PM   #17
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Allocation timelines don’t exist. The dealer has no idea when or how many allocations they’ll get. It’s a probability game - the more waitlists you’re on, the quicker you’ll get an allocation.
That’s how feel and what I learned from my experience.

I was up front with every dealer and no one expressed a problem with it. In fact, I had a dealer call me today who knew I was on a waitlist with another dealer and asked me to join theirs. lol
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 07:36 PM   #18
Chapter2099
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofbmwe46 View Post
Did executive package go up by $200?
No. It looks like it went down $100 with the MY24, unless my eyes are deceiving me.

$1800 in ‘23. $1700 in ‘24.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2023, 10:04 PM   #19
BryanCO
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by robopp View Post
Of course allocation timelines exist but they are not exact. What this means is that dealers know about how many allocations to expect and how many people are on their wait list - if they have one.

The more you are willing to pay, the quicker you will get a car.

The more dealers you call, the quicker you will get a car.

Why do I need to get on multiple lists is a dealer will get me a car within the timeline that works for me?

But, multiple lists works also. So do whatever you’re comfortable with.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2023, 10:41 AM   #20
G07xG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 - 2024 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
Or you can skip the line and hire our brokerage service to get you an immediately available allocation that already has a scheduled production date.

email us at Nextlevelautobrokersdc@gmail.com

Thanks!
You have allocations available at MSRP?
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2023, 12:23 PM   #21
vj123
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3c - sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by G07xG80 View Post
Looks like it.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2022129
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2023, 01:53 PM   #22
Day Laborer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by G07xG80 View Post
Yes at MSRP + small broker fee
Appreciate 1