BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

10-04-2021, 01:40 PM   #199
Super_Mari0
Rep
Drives: G80 X-Drive wk31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyboy1771 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CadHater View Post
There is a guy selling a new set of KW HAS in Graf. Brand new in the box for $1k (might be in Euros). Von_bee_m3 on IG if you're interested.
Word Ill look into it. I'm pretty sure a lot of the companies stateside are starting to sell them sub $1K. Would have to see if they qualified for free shipping or not to make that price worth it.
Are you guys aware of wheel bolt pattern change for the g8x? I didn't read though all the previous posts, sorry if I'm missing something…
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 02:25 PM   #200
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Mari0 View Post
Are you guys aware of wheel bolt pattern change for the g8x? I didn't read though all the previous posts, sorry if I'm missing something…
I take it you are talking about the Edelweiss wheels? They have the LT3 model that will be released for the G80 M3 this month. I hit them up on instagram and they said that was the only model they were planning on for this generation M3 for now which is a bummer. The LT5's looked great. Ill probably end up going with the LT3 and pick up a set in the spring since I'm not a fan of the 19/20 wheel offset.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 02:28 PM   #201
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

I'm also still in the process of getting ConnectedDrive sorted out. I have the vehicle loaded to the US ConnectedDrive system and I have it linked to my account. Nothing has updated on the app since before the vehicle was purchased and I still havn't received any software update for the car. Going to continue to work on it this week. I am also going to start attempting to get the vehicle loaded to the .de system to try to work it from that end as well. Once I do get it sorted out I will do my best to provide a full write up of what I did to help whoever in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2021, 04:26 PM   #202
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp AWD

Got my fingers crossed hoping I get my VIN soon for an October build. BMW rep said there is a good chance it will happen this month but no promises.
      10-04-2021, 04:35 PM   #203
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: '09 C4S,'22 M3CX

I'll be joining you guys in the wait ordered mine through BMS today, so we'll see how long it'll be before i get mine.
CadHater767.50
      10-05-2021, 03:07 AM   #204
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayien View Post
I'll be joining you guys in the wait ordered mine through BMS today, so we'll see how long it'll be before i get mine.
That's awesome to hear! What's the spec?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2021, 03:37 AM   #205
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
M3C-xDrive, Imola Red, Full black leather, carbon exterior/interior and carbon buckets
      10-05-2021, 04:28 AM   #206
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
M3C-xDrive, Imola Red, Full black leather, carbon exterior/interior and carbon buckets
Ooohhhh, that's going to look good. Have they given you any estimate on wait time or when they will have an allocation?
      10-05-2021, 04:58 AM   #207
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ooohhhh, that's going to look good. Have they given you any estimate on wait time or when they will have an allocation?
pretty excited . i was told potential nov build date, but with an extra 2-10 weeks tacked on for the color
      10-05-2021, 08:16 AM   #208
CadHater
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
pretty excited . i was told potential nov build date, but with an extra 2-10 weeks tacked on for the color
That's pretty fast. I put in my order June 18 and still don't have mine.
      10-05-2021, 01:12 PM   #209
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Can someone who ConnectedDrive set up through the US system hook me up with their VIN#? I'm still having issues getting mine working.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 01:19 PM   #210
Super_Mari0
Rep
Drives: G80 X-Drive wk31

Quote:
Can someone who ConnectedDrive set up through the US system hook me up with their VIN#? I'm still having issues getting mine working.
I was able to get the the software updated after validating my warranty.

I just send the warranty registration form that the dealer sends you, plus all the other requested documents. Once the vehicle's warranty was validated, I had to email the bmw connected drive separately to request "mapping".

The whole process took 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 02:21 PM   #211
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Mari0 View Post
I was able to get the the software updated after validating my warranty.

I just send the warranty registration form that the dealer sends you, plus all the other requested documents. Once the vehicle's warranty was validated, I had to email the bmw connected drive separately to request "mapping".

The whole process took 2 weeks.
I believe I have my car mapped since it shows up on the US CD app. Maybe I just need to be patient and let it do its thing. Did you have to update it via your phone/app or did it just happen in the car automatically?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 11:29 AM   #212
tommatmor
Germany
Rep
Drives: 22 G80 XDrive Dravit Grey W44

What is everyone's plan for winter tires/rims? I've had no luck doing online window shopping as the BMW catalog does not populate the G80 M3 option.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #213
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommatmor View Post
What is everyone's plan for winter tires/rims? I've had no luck doing online window shopping as the BMW catalog does not populate the G80 M3 option.

Ive been shopping for this a lot as well. €3100 from Euler for 829s with alpins. Honestly having a hard time finding anything for much less. Tire rack has some winter package options but ends up being about the same with the same tires. Will prob just pull the trigger on the oem option.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:27 PM   #214
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwlc83 View Post
Ive been shopping for this a lot as well. €3100 from Euler for 829s with alpins. Honestly having a hard time finding anything for much less. Tire rack has some winter package options but ends up being about the same with the same tires. Will prob just pull the trigger on the oem option.
Same. The lowest I've found near me was €3790 with vat, so right around €3070 without. I emailed Apex and they won't have any wheels ready for the g80 for another year.

Last edited by Rayien; 10-07-2021 at 01:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #215
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Are any of you able to track your order on mybmw? I have the production/order number from my sales rep, but it doesn't work on the mygarage.bmwusa.com website.
      10-07-2021, 12:55 PM   #216
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Are any of you able to track your order on mybmw? I have the production/order number from my sales rep, but it doesn't work on the mygarage.bmwusa.com website.
You won’t be able to unfortunately. Military sales don’t go through the US or German system.
Appreciate 1
Rayien581.50
      10-07-2021, 01:11 PM   #217
Rayien
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
You won’t be able to unfortunately. Military sales don’t go through the US or German system.
Ahh ok. I figured that may have been the case, but thanks for confirming it.
      10-07-2021, 01:40 PM   #218
adameaton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 COMP XDrive

Quote:
I believe I have my car mapped since it shows up on the US CD app. Maybe I just need to be patient and let it do its thing. Did you have to update it via your phone/app or did it just happen in the car automatically?
I believe I am in the same boat as you. I have made progress in that I was able to link my car to my connected drive on the website (US) but it does not show up on the app (also US) here in Germany. Also none of the apps have come to the car. It has been a few weeks that I have been waiting. I am about to start harassing them again. Really just want Android Auto so I can use my music and WAZE.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 01:42 PM   #219
dwlc83
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i xDrive

For those who have their cars, any idea how long it took from status 155 to when you took delivery? Picking up from Euler.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2021, 03:15 PM   #220
Tommyboy1771
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adameaton View Post
I believe I am in the same boat as you. I have made progress in that I was able to link my car to my connected drive on the website (US) but it does not show up on the app (also US) here in Germany. Also none of the apps have come to the car. It has been a few weeks that I have been waiting. I am about to start harassing them again. Really just want Android Auto so I can use my music and WAZE.
I think I’m at the point where I just have to enable the data privacy settings to get everything working. Unfortunately I don’t have the option in the IDrive menu where it should be. I have noticed I get a globe with shield icon on the top bar of the display occasionally. When I click on it it should open the same data privacy options as the menu but it doesn’t. I have read on some other treads that people go stuck at this point and they were able to adjust those settings and everything worked after. I have my break-in service scheduled tomorrow so hopefully they can update the software or have a solution to get it working.
Appreciate 0