GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: VERDE ERMES G82 M4 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by drnat2 View Post
Pics of my m4cx
Love TBII and the orange. A great looking car, enjoy!!
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 2
drnat2200.00
modat2462.50
      02-21-2022, 10:20 PM   #24
aussie_335
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 manual with sunroof

Hi Guys
I just ordered my M3 (6 speed manual ordered on valentines day 14th Feb) and the dealer had an allocation for week 9 (early March) so I was lucky to get that.
I can confirm the wireless charging 6NV is on my build sheet. I went for sunroof which is an NCO so no carbon roof but can also confirm that is still available. Basically the only thing not available at the stage is touch screen. Everything else is still available. Happy to send anyone a copy of the build sheer if wanted.

Cheers
2005 E46 330ci 6MT (sold); 2008 E92 335i 6MT (sold); 2010 E93 325i 6AT (sold); 2010 E92 335i 6MT m-sport (sold Nov 2017); 2017 F32 440i MPPSK m-sport 8AT Mineral Grey(Sold Jan 2019); 2018 F32 440i m-sport 8AT - Estoril Blue (sold)
2021 F82 M440i 8AT Arctic Race Blue 2022 G80 M3 Atlantis Blue Metallic
Appreciate 2
GregM41317.00
Mamba283.50
      02-21-2022, 11:29 PM   #25
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_335 View Post
Hi Guys
I just ordered my M3 (6 speed manual ordered on valentines day 14th Feb) and the dealer had an allocation for week 9 (early March) so I was lucky to get that.
I can confirm the wireless charging 6NV is on my build sheet. I went for sunroof which is an NCO so no carbon roof but can also confirm that is still available. Basically the only thing not available at the stage is touch screen. Everything else is still available. Happy to send anyone a copy of the build sheer if wanted.

Cheers
Thanks for the update, and now the wait4 begins. I pick mine up 4/3 and only thing I missed out on was wireless charging.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 01:30 AM   #26
Bris64
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 Pure

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_335 View Post
Hi Guys
Can you clarify if it’s the touchscreen or the touch pad on the iDrive that is currently unavailable? As per my recent post I was told the touch pad was deleted for the G80, but the touchscreen was ok? Self interest as mine is hopefully being built in the next week
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2022, 07:02 PM   #27
aussie_335
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 manual with sunroof

I can confirm it is the touch screen that is unavailable.
The iDrive controller is as per normal
2005 E46 330ci 6MT (sold); 2008 E92 335i 6MT (sold); 2010 E93 325i 6AT (sold); 2010 E92 335i 6MT m-sport (sold Nov 2017); 2017 F32 440i MPPSK m-sport 8AT Mineral Grey(Sold Jan 2019); 2018 F32 440i m-sport 8AT - Estoril Blue (sold)
2021 F82 M440i 8AT Arctic Race Blue 2022 G80 M3 Atlantis Blue Metallic
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 03:52 PM   #28
Cooked71
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 CS Xdrive

Just took delivery of an M3 Comp Xdrive that I ordered late July 21. Build date was October 21.

Missing was the Wireless Charging and the adaptive cruise control (just has regular cruise control).

I was informed of neither of these deletions - not during the build nor on pickup. Had to discover them for myself.

At first I was pretty pisssed off, mostly because I wasnt told, but got $3k refunded and realised I wouldnt miss either feature anyway. My wife's T-roc has both and the charging is hopeless. The adaptive cruise control was disappointing at first but this car is so fun to drive I cant ever imagine using even normal cruise control.

Nothing else missing though - touch screen, carbon roof, laser lights all there. Not sure what the Idrive touch is?

Awesome car BTW.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 04:05 PM   #29
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooked71 View Post
Just took delivery of an M3 CS Xdrive that I ordered late July 21. Build date was October 21.

Missing was the Wireless Charging and the adaptive cruise control (just has regular cruise control).

I was informed of neither of these deletions - not during the build nor on pickup. Had to discover them for myself.

At first I was pretty pisssed off, mostly because I wasnt told, but got $3k refunded and realised I wouldnt miss either feature anyway. My wife's T-roc has both and the charging is hopeless. The adaptive cruise control was disappointing at first but this car is so fun to drive I cant ever imagine using even normal cruise control.

Nothing else missing though - touch screen, carbon roof, laser lights all there. Not sure what the Idrive touch is?

Awesome car BTW.
Congratulations!! Car looks great.

I am picking my G82 up tomorrow 4/3. I have been told about the wireless charging being absent, but apparently that is all.

I would use adaptive cruise as I live in NQ so this is a must for me.

My build was third week of November 21. Will post some info next week for sure.

Enjoy the car.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2022, 04:36 PM   #30
Cooked71
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregM4 View Post

I am picking my G82 up tomorrow 4/3. I have been told about the wireless charging being absent, but apparently that is all.

Enjoy the car.
Thanks.

To be fair they also offered to take the car back and re-build it, but they still couldn't guarantee i'd get the Adaptive CC. Wasn't worth the 8 month extra wait after already waiting 7 months. Life's too short and I was enjoying driving the car too much.
Appreciate 1
GregM41317.00
      03-02-2022, 08:03 PM   #31
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Fantastic looking car.

I have had my G80 Xdrive since Oct and love it. I use the adaptive cruise control more than I thought I would. When in traffic or long trips it make things a little less stressful.

I knew about the wireless charger being removed before the dealership were aware. Sort of 50/50 on this. I tried using a cable with the phone where the NFC/charge pad is, but it just doesn't fit and I cant close the door. So now have to use the USB in the arm rest section. If you use Android Auto on a longish trip then the phone needs to be charged else it drains quickly. I am contemplating coughing up the $600+ and get the charge pad from BWM.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 03:11 AM   #32
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bris_m3 View Post
Fantastic looking car.

I have had my G80 Xdrive since Oct and love it. I use the adaptive cruise control more than I thought I would. When in traffic or long trips it make things a little less stressful.

I knew about the wireless charger being removed before the dealership were aware. Sort of 50/50 on this. I tried using a cable with the phone where the NFC/charge pad is, but it just doesn't fit and I cant close the door. So now have to use the USB in the arm rest section. If you use Android Auto on a longish trip then the phone needs to be charged else it drains quickly. I am contemplating coughing up the $600+ and get the charge pad from BWM.
Here’s the solution to your problem if you have an iPhone.https://www.inkstation.com.au/usba-t...YaApXqEALw_wcB

Here’s for USB-C charger:
https://aussiegadgets.com.au/product...waAquWEALw_wcB
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 03:13 AM   #33
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad View Post
Here’s the solution to your problem if you have an iPhone.https://www.inkstation.com.au/usba-t...YaApXqEALw_wcB
Don’t change the pad else you loose the NFC and and phone key.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #34
Cooked71
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris_m3 View Post
Fantastic looking car.

That USB port is in the worst possible spot in the front compartment - i've ordered a right angle plug hoping it will be better. Wireless charging is barely enough to keep the phone on the same charge whilst using BT though. USB charging will always be better.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 04:26 PM   #35
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Just took delivery of an M3 CS Xdrive that I ordered late July 21. Build date was October 21.

Awesome car BTW.
Congrat on the new car ! Awesome colour.

Idrive touch is where you can hand-write on top of the controller instead of rotate and select character. You can retrofit easily later anyway.

Sorry about that adaptive CC as noway it can be retrofitted and it would cost a bomb to do that. So you miss out all the wonderful driving assist with fully automatic self drive and tracffic jam assistant (I think my car is the first G8x to get mod for fully selfdrive)
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 08:52 PM   #36
Cooked71
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMnut View Post
Congrat on the new car ! Awesome colour.

Idrive touch is where you can hand-write on top of the controller instead of rotate and select character. You can retrofit easily later anyway.

Sorry about that adaptive CC as noway it can be retrofitted and it would cost a bomb to do that. So you miss out all the wonderful driving assist with fully automatic self drive and tracffic jam assistant (I think my car is the first G8x to get mod for fully selfdrive)
Thanks - love the colour also. Was a bit worried I picked the wrong colour before I got it, but really happy with how it turned out.

Yeh, not too concerned about the driver assist - would have bought a different car (like a Tesla) if I really wanted that sort of stuff. I bought an M3 because I like driving, not to have the car drive for me.

Just out of curiosity - what mod? Aftermarket chip?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 09:27 PM   #37
Tigo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 xDrive, G01 X3 M40i

Quote:

Awesome car BTW.
Stunning - love the colour - pls post more photos of it when you've got sometime. I can't seem to get enough of the looks of the car.

I'm on a long - long - long waiting list - still no allocation!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2022, 11:02 PM   #38
hamishegg
Rep
Drives: M3

Stunning looking car,

My vehicle is on the boat and I certainly hope no missing features,
Unsure what I would do if/when informed so.

Do you take delivery and enjoy the vehicle

Do you go into a seemingly sometimes never ending wait and hope list

Do you take delivery and try and take advantage of the market
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 04:12 AM   #39
RonBurgundy
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:

Awesome car BTW.
Awesome looking car. By CS I assume you mean Competition? There is no G8x CS as yet

BMW M4C G82 RWD (awaiting)/Mini JCW Convertible (2021-)/Mazda MX5 (ND) RF (2020-21)/BMW M2 F87 LCI (2017-21)/RenaultSport Megane RS265 (2015-16)/BMW 135i Coupe E82 (2011-15)/VW Golf GTI Mk5 (2008-11)/VW Golf 2.0 Mk4 (2003-08)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 04:30 AM   #40
MMnut
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Thanks - love the colour also. Was a bit worried I picked the wrong colour before I got it, but really happy with how it turned out.

Yeh, not too concerned about the driver assist - would have bought a different car (like a Tesla) if I really wanted that sort of stuff. I bought an M3 because I like driving, not to have the car drive for me.

Just out of curiosity - what mod? Aftermarket chip?
Tesla is a soulless car to me. I did try several model of them. A big NO, thanks.

The drive assist in BMW is a wonder. But I've gone further by replacing the factory HOD sensor with a bypass emulator and I wont have to touch the wheel any more once the drive assist in action.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 04:39 AM   #41
Cooked71
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
Quote:

Awesome car BTW.
Awesome looking car. By CS I assume you mean Competition? There is no G8x CS as yet
Just Competition. Edited OG post.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 07:29 AM   #42
petrol_phxz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 X-Drive Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonBurgundy View Post
I thought I’d open a thread for those in Australia who have recently taken delivery of an M3/M4 or are awaiting a build.

What features have you had removed as a result of supply shortages?
Aside from the wireless charger which I believe has already been deleted on the M3 (but not M4?) there is a lot of chat on the international forums here about other features being deleted. Does anyone know how much of this applies to the Australian market?

The specific features I’m referring to are:
- carbon fibre roof
- touchscreen on idrive
- laser lights
- wireless charger
- Apple carplay
I spoke with the Genius line on this as my build will have it all. Carbon Roof is just being removed as on option on some cars (mainly in Europe I believe) that can add on the roof - Was told this will not affect MCars, at least here in the US

Only thing "missing" is potentially the wireless charger (i didn't spec this) and the iDrive controller wont have the touchpad on top.

The main screen in the car will still be touch. I believe new base 3-series, etc. might be losing the touch screen but so far, my local dealer has quite a few 330i, 340i and a new 240i and they all have touch screens but who knows when they were built vs when delivered.

Laserlights are still shipping with decoding for US regs (hopefully we'll get the dimming feature coded back after the new regs go into play)

Android Auto/Apple Car Play shouldn't be affected.

again, this is all for my build week at the end of March. The Genius i spoke with seemed pretty knowledgable on all this and did not indicate anything was going to be stripped from M cars in the near future.

If I pull open my build in MyGarage (currently scheduled for production), all my options are showing as they should be. Actually I just called my CA 2 days ago to have the laser lights added on and they were accepted and now showing on my build.
Driving: 2022 M3CX | Skyscraper Grey | Full leather Silverstone Interior | Carbon Fiber Trim | M Carbon Bucket Seats | Parking Pack | Executive Pack | Laser Lights | M Shadowline Lights | 826M Jet Black Wheels | Red Calipers
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 09:46 PM   #43
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:

Enjoy the car.
Picked up G82 Friday 4/3. Pleased to find the only item missing was wireless charging which I was told about. All other items there including adaptive cruise, and all the of the touch screens.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 3
Bris6450.50
Mamba283.50
      03-05-2022, 02:47 AM   #44
Mamba
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 Comp XDrive

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Enjoy the car.
Picked up G82 Friday 4/3. Pleased to find the only item missing was wireless charging which I was told about. All other items there including adaptive cruise, and all the of the touch screens.
Congrats mate. Looking forward to the pics.