BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-30-2023, 08:54 AM   #1
PMW0801
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Installed Valvetronic axle back? Quieter?

Hey guys,
So I had the Active Autowerks single non resonated mid pipe paired up with my stock muffler with Dahler valve controller. Loved the sound but decided that I wanted an aftermarket axle back system. I purchased the Valvetronic axle back system and installed it last night. Car definitely has a deeper tone but seems quieter for some reason. Also seems to have less "burbles and crackels". Does this make sense? I read that the muffler has to "break in." Is this correct? Any feedback would be great. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Valvetronic quieter than stock does not make much sense

the muffler does take some time to break in but the difference should be noticeable right away

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      06-30-2023, 09:51 AM   #3
Valvetronic Designs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMW0801 View Post
Hey guys,
So I had the Active Autowerks single non resonated mid pipe paired up with my stock muffler with Dahler valve controller. Loved the sound but decided that I wanted an aftermarket axle back system. I purchased the Valvetronic axle back system and installed it last night. Car definitely has a deeper tone but seems quieter for some reason. Also seems to have less "burbles and crackels". Does this make sense? I read that the muffler has to "break in." Is this correct? Any feedback would be great. Thanks
Hello!
That is odd indeed, shoot us an email and one of our support techs will touch base with you. We must confirm MAXIMUM LOUD!
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13477.50
      06-30-2023, 09:53 AM   #4
chris3g
Major
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 xdrive

With the valves open it’s a basically a straight pipe, very little exhaust should even be flowing through the muffler.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:18 AM   #5
PMW0801
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just got off the phone with Valvetronic and he explained everything in GREAT detail. Don't get me wrong here guys, the car sounds AMAZING!!! It's a more refined smoother sound with a great deep tone. Car is more quiet in the cabin for sure but outside of the car sounds great as well. Will end up going for some catted DP's in the future to give it a little bit more aggressive tone. Probably will go MAD DP's with sensors to block CEL. Any recommendations on DP's?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:38 AM   #6
MagicF8x
Banned
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Just got off the phone with Valvetronic and he explained everything in GREAT detail. Don't get me wrong here guys, the car sounds AMAZING!!! It's a more refined smoother sound with a great deep tone. Car is more quiet in the cabin for sure but outside of the car sounds great as well. Will end up going for some catted DP's in the future to give it a little bit more aggressive tone. Probably will go MAD DP's with sensors to block CEL. Any recommendations on DP's?
Any downpipe with an 02 spacer
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:40 AM   #7
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
It seems like everyone I see change the valve controller, complains when they change something on the exhaust. I'm hearing people download the new software update, and say that it made the car too quiet and they're ready to sell it, now. I updated and didn't notice anything like that. Wonder if something is going on with these controllers. Almost like the valve controller manipulates the active sound design module. Its always someone complaining about how the sound has changed inside the car.

It it doesn't sound like it makes sense, but, I keep seeing people complain. Nothing to do with Valvetronic, specifically, just any exhaust, really.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:46 AM   #8
PMW0801
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
It seems like everyone I see change the valve controller, complains when they change something on the exhaust. I'm hearing people download the new software update, and say that it made the car too quiet and they're ready to sell it, now. I updated and didn't notice anything like that. Wonder if something is going on with these controllers. Almost like the valve controller manipulates the active sound design module. Its always someone complaining about how the sound has changed inside the car.

It it doesn't sound like it makes sense, but, I keep seeing people complain. Nothing to do with Valvetronic, specifically, just any exhaust, really.
I love the Dahler valve controller. Worked great with the AA midpipe and stock muffler. I don't think it's the valve controller. I think the Valvetronic just gives a smoother deeper tone now compared to louder more aggressive sound with the stock muffler and AA mid pipe before.
Appreciate 1
Limegrntaln13477.50
      06-30-2023, 12:12 PM   #9
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
I love the Dahler valve controller. Worked great with the AA midpipe and stock muffler. I don't think it's the valve controller. I think the Valvetronic just gives a smoother deeper tone now compared to louder more aggressive sound with the stock muffler and AA mid pipe before.
It just seems like a coincidence that anytime I hear about it, it seems to be someone that has a valve controller.

Appreciate 0