home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Northwest

06-30-2023, 03:12 PM   #23
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP

Thanks for the feedback, I have been working with Colin to get an M3 ordered. With BMW Seattle, can I anticipate any other fees like "service" or "processing" fees, or forced add-ons like ceramic coat?

Or do they keep it beautiful and simple with tax, title, and destination as the only fees?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 06:04 PM   #24
M3RLIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive - BGM/Fjord

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
Thanks for the feedback, I have been working with Colin to get an M3 ordered. With BMW Seattle, can I anticipate any other fees like "service" or "processing" fees, or forced add-ons like ceramic coat?

Or do they keep it beautiful and simple with tax, title, and destination as the only fees?
I think my order had a $150 doc fee. Otherwise it was MSRP + TTL - deposit. I told them how much I wanted to put down and they verified the loan amount and rate. They will try to sell you their own extended warranty and PPF when you pick up the car. It was a 20 minute conversation with the finance officer using the typical techniques to try to get you to commit. I just said no thanks and that was it. I had already locked in a loan rate through BMW Financial before picking up the car so the rest was pretty straightforward. They did overestimate my licensing fees and I got a check back when I picked up my plates.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 09:14 PM   #25
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RLIN View Post
I think my order had a $150 doc fee. Otherwise it was MSRP + TTL - deposit. I told them how much I wanted to put down and they verified the loan amount and rate. They will try to sell you their own extended warranty and PPF when you pick up the car. It was a 20 minute conversation with the finance officer using the typical techniques to try to get you to commit. I just said no thanks and that was it. I had already locked in a loan rate through BMW Financial before picking up the car so the rest was pretty straightforward. They did overestimate my licensing fees and I got a check back when I picked up my plates.
Awesome, good to know you can decline PPF or other add-ons. I'm losing less and less reasons to not buy one .
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 09:59 PM   #26
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RLIN View Post
Hey how far out should apply for BMW financing? And did u do through them or independently on the bmwusa.com? Becuase I saw they have an application on bmwseattle as well.

My car is on the boat now so hopefully early august for pick up.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:35 PM   #27
bigrum
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Hey how far out should apply for BMW financing? And did u do through them or independently on the bmwusa.com? Becuase I saw they have an application on bmwseattle as well.

Thanks
I've kind of been wondering too about BMW financing. My limiited experience with locking in mortgage rates is 30 days, but if your car takes 4 months to be delivered can they lock the rate for that long?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 10:36 PM   #28
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrum View Post
I've kind of been wondering too about BMW financing. My limiited experience with locking in mortgage rates is 30 days, but if your car takes 4 months to be delivered can they lock the rate for that long?
On the west coast rate lock is for 60 days
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2023, 11:35 AM   #29
M3RLIN
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDrive - BGM/Fjord

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post

Thanks
Once my car was built, my SA (Zak) texted me the BMW Financial rates each month. I compared rates with my credit union and applied online via BMW.com when the rate seemed to be the lowest. He walked me through the application process and verified I received the lowest rate available on my application. I think the rate lock is good for 90 or 120 days. I would verify with your SA.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50