home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

08-29-2022, 02:10 PM   #67
Mashour
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

What's the difference between your catless downpipe that's currently out vs the fat boy downpipe?
      08-29-2022, 03:18 PM   #68
Mike Slowspeed
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M4 COMP

MADE MY 2022 BMW M4 EXHAUST EVEN MORE LOUD & INSANE!
Appreciate 4
      08-29-2022, 03:40 PM   #69
anakratis
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X3M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Slowspeed View Post
MADE MY 2022 BMW M4 EXHAUST EVEN MORE LOUD & INSANE!
Wow that sounds GREAT Mike! Love the random park installs
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 04:39 PM   #70
Info@mad-us.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashour View Post
What's the difference between your catless downpipe that's currently out vs the fat boy downpipe?
We maxed out the Piping diameter to get as much flow as possible.

Last edited by Info@mad-us.com; 08-29-2022 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 1
Mashour754.50
      09-10-2022, 10:33 AM   #71
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Grandmarquis 92, X6 21

Just wanted to mention these shipped out and got to my house within 3 days. Super quick delivery was very impressed. From Nevada to Quebec, doesn’t get much further then that haha. Haven’t installed them yet but will update on how the exhaust sounds like, I’m looking forward to enjoying the sound.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 11:12 AM   #72
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Breazy View Post
Just wanted to mention these shipped out and got to my house within 3 days. Super quick delivery was very impressed. From Nevada to Quebec, doesn’t get much further then that haha. Haven’t installed them yet but will update on how the exhaust sounds like, I’m looking forward to enjoying the sound.
Let us know once you install them!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 09:04 PM   #73
Game Changer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XD BGM

any dyno numbers??
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2022, 06:27 PM   #74
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep

Finally installed the catless downpipes and paired it with the vsc valve controller. Car kept getting delayed and I also wanted to do the install only after the break in service.

My car is otherwise completely stock besides the catless downpipes and valve controller.

The sound I was after was OEM ++ (double plus) and this is exactly it. Zero drone. Valves closed and it’s exactly like stock. Not even slightly louder. But open up the valves and hit sport plus and wow amazing. It literally amplifies wtv sound you have stock. Nothing is changed just louder which I like.

What’s great is it’s only loud when you are on the throttle, when you idle it’s just a nice hum, no drone. You also get pops galore on downshifts but not too obnoxious, it’s just right. And when you are coming in hot and downshift to over 6k rpm’s you get the real gunshots not the little burbles. The big pops but only 1 or 2 and that’s it. Just enough to keep you chasing that high over and over haha.

Best part is I kept my secondary cats and absolutely no smell what’s so ever. I legit stick my nose in the exhaust pipe and nothing. This was a big worry for me because I have a pretty sensitive nose.

I must note that the valve controller is a must. I don’t like driving all the time full rpm’s so this way I can still hear the great symphony without having to floor it all the time.

Thanks MAD. Great product at an even greater price. Keep up the good work I’m very impressed!
Appreciate 2
NicolasB808.00
      11-12-2022, 11:18 PM   #75
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Finally installed the catless downpipes and paired it with the vsc valve controller. Car kept getting delayed and I also wanted to do the install only after the break in service.

My car is otherwise completely stock besides the catless downpipes and valve controller.

The sound I was after was OEM ++ (double plus) and this is exactly it. Zero drone. Valves closed and it’s exactly like stock. Not even slightly louder. But open up the valves and hit sport plus and wow amazing. It literally amplifies wtv sound you have stock. Nothing is changed just louder which I like.

What’s great is it’s only loud when you are on the throttle, when you idle it’s just a nice hum, no drone. You also get pops galore on downshifts but not too obnoxious, it’s just right. And when you are coming in hot and downshift to over 6k rpm’s you get the real gunshots not the little burbles. The big pops but only 1 or 2 and that’s it. Just enough to keep you chasing that high over and over haha.

Best part is I kept my secondary cats and absolutely no smell what’s so ever. I legit stick my nose in the exhaust pipe and nothing. This was a big worry for me because I have a pretty sensitive nose.

I must note that the valve controller is a must. I don’t like driving all the time full rpm’s so this way I can still hear the great symphony without having to floor it all the time.

Thanks MAD. Great product at an even greater price. Keep up the good work I’m very impressed!
Thank you for your positive review and kind words!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 06:21 AM   #76
Game Changer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3XD BGM

Question mad dps

Quote:

Which Mad dps did you purchase...fat boy or regular? Also, how does the valve controller work and tie into the system?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2022, 09:06 PM   #77
Nado
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3X

Quote:

So catless DP with the stock mid pipe and axle back, thus keeping the stock secondary cats? And you dont get any funky smell yet? How many miles do you have on the setup?
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2022, 06:56 PM   #78
Laoschris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Changer View Post
Quote:

The sound I was after was OEM ++ (double plus) and this is exactly it. Zero drone. Valves closed and it's exactly like stock. Not even slightly louder. But open up the valves and hit sport plus and wow amazing. It literally amplifies wtv sound you have stock. Nothing is changed just louder which I like.

What's great is it's only loud when you are on the throttle, when you idle it's just a nice hum, no drone. You also get pops galore on downshifts but not too obnoxious, it's just right. And when you are coming in hot and downshift to over 6k rpm's you get the real gunshots not the little burbles. The big pops but only 1 or 2 and that's it. Just enough to keep you chasing that high over and over haha.

Best part is I kept my secondary cats and absolutely no smell what's so ever. I legit stick my nose in the exhaust pipe and nothing. This was a big worry for me because I have a pretty sensitive nose.

I must note that the valve controller is a must. I don't like driving all the time full rpm's so this way I can still hear the great symphony without having to floor it all the time.

Thanks MAD. Great product at an even greater price. Keep up the good work I'm very impressed!
Which Mad dps did you purchase...fat boy or regular? Also, how does the valve controller work and tie into the system?

I'd like to know this as well. Regular or fat boy?
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2022, 09:21 AM   #79
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep

It’s the regular catless ones, I have about 1000kms on it now. I purchased spacers to go with it so no check engine light yet (Hopefully never). No other exhaust modifications besides the valve controller. It’s one of those controllers you plug into the existing cables near the exhaust and then mount the controller under the exhaust. It comes with 2 remotes, I simply leave the remote in the phone charging tray and push button when I start the car and it opens the valves. Makes a huge difference because the OEM valves only open fully above 4500 rpm I believe. For the price and reversibility factor I think catless is the best way to go. No need to chop up your exhaust. I don’t smell anything for those asking, obviously if you cold start it you need to let the secondary cats warm up and it will soak up all the smell. When warm I’ve stuck my nose in the back side of the exhaust and didn’t smell anything. Also at long red lights didn’t smell anything with the window down. Also just to note, with the rest of the exhaust stock, the sound is not raspy at all. It’s literally like OEM but just much louder. And much more pronounced burbles and pops.
Appreciate 1
Nado230.00
      11-23-2022, 10:45 AM   #80
OEM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3

just ordered mine. Can't beat the price right now.
      11-23-2022, 12:29 PM   #81
Impulse20098
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1mjustaguy View Post
just ordered mine. Can't beat the price right now.
Ordered mine as well. Price is amazing right now.

2022 - M3 xDrive Frozen Brilliant Metallic White
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 01:38 PM   #82
Bguggs
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

Garage List
Info@mad-us.com
With the catted downpipes for S58 the o2 sensor would you recommend straight or 90 ?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2022, 03:04 PM   #83
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bguggs View Post
Info@mad-us.com
With the catted downpipes for S58 the o2 sensor would you recommend straight or 90 ?

Thank you
I've heard the straight one works.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 03:00 PM   #84
SF49ersFaithful
Rep
Drives: Bmw G82 Competition

Hi, Does your MAD downpipes comes with o2 spacers?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 03:14 PM   #85
tac3331
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF49ersFaithful View Post
Hi, Does your MAD downpipes comes with o2 spacers?

No. Will need two of these
http://www.bigdaddiesgarage.com/mini-cat-cel-fix.html
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2022, 12:40 PM   #86
G-Breazy
Private First Class
Rep

3000km update:

I put these downpipes on my car the day after break in, and I don’t know if it’s because the exhaust needed some more breaking in, but damn it sounds sooooo much better and louder now after 3000kms (it sounded fantastic before also, don’t get me wrong). I’m getting those Knarly clean super crisp pops so much more now and at lower rpm’s. I can’t even explain it, I’m just so impressed with just catless downpipes and valve controller. Again I must stress valve controller is a must.

I was debating taking it a step further and just cutting out the first resonator, but now I’m not even sure it’s needed. Maybe I’ll do it this summer when I get used to the sound and want a little more.

If it wasn’t for fear of hating the smell, getting rid of the secondary cats would be the way to go next 100%%%.

Im leaving a ton of feedback because before I bought these I was searching the forum endlessly to hear peoples thoughts, so I hope this helps someone decide what direction they want to take.

Also car has just under 5000km and no cel with spacer installed.

Last edited by G-Breazy; 12-15-2022 at 08:59 PM..
Appreciate 2
NicolasB808.00
Nado230.00
      12-16-2022, 01:12 PM   #87
Info@mad-us.com
Rep

Quote:
3000km update:

I put these downpipes on my car the day after break in, and I don’t know if it’s because the exhaust needed some more breaking in, but damn it sounds sooooo much better and louder now after 3000kms (it sounded fantastic before also, don’t get me wrong). I’m getting those Knarly clean super crisp pops so much more now and at lower rpm’s. I can’t even explain it, I’m just so impressed with just catless downpipes and valve controller. Again I must stress valve controller is a must.

I was debating taking it a step further and just cutting out the first resonator, but now I’m not even sure it’s needed. Maybe I’ll do it this summer when I get used to the sound and want a little more.

If it wasn’t for fear of hating the smell, getting rid of the secondary cats would be the way to go next 100%%%.

Im leaving a ton of feedback because before I bought these I was searching the forum endlessly to hear peoples thoughts, so I hope this helps someone decide what direction they want to take.

Also car has just under 5000km and no cel with spacer installed.
Thanks for the update! Maybe a midpipe next?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2022, 07:33 AM   #88
cyberazy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Audi RS3 8v.2

Hi, is anyone able to confirm if they have the same flat section on their decats ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0