BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-25-2023, 04:20 PM   #45
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casone238 View Post
I wouldn’t stress it your definitely on a boat! And I’ll still staying with my prediction that you will take delivery before me 😅
Hahah you give me hope man. I will call this week again see what they say. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2023, 04:30 PM   #46
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Hahah you give me hope man. I will call this week again see what they say. Thanks!
No problem we all need some encouragement the wait has been crazy to say the lease. Also i recall reading with WW boats you can track your car on there website by entering the Vin. I would track the carman and see if your car pops up in there tracking system.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 09:00 AM   #47
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So called Genius today and it is “in transit” so MyGarage was more accurate then calling genius last week. It left last week on Antares Leader.

sounds like MyGarage can be more up to date then Genius. They should just give vessel info on the website.

So G80_253 you should be on there with me since you said yes changed last week as welll
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2023, 12:47 PM   #48
G80_253
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3

I got confirmation today that I’m on the Antares Leader!
Appreciate 2
      06-26-2023, 03:43 PM   #49
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M4 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Yeah I definitely didn't get on Antares. Fucking stupid how it's completely random. My car was there first, we have the same destination port, yet you guys get on ships before mine. I can't even understand the logic behind it.

Here's to hoping I get/got on Carmen... 😒😒
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 03:53 PM   #50
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4nication View Post
Yeah I definitely didn't get on Antares. Fucking stupid how it's completely random. My car was there first, we have the same destination port, yet you guys get on ships before mine. I can't even understand the logic behind it.

Here's to hoping I get/got on Carmen... 😒😒
Yea hopefully Carmen. It’s docked currently.
Hoping you get on that one.
Appreciate 2
      06-26-2023, 06:17 PM   #51
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yea hopefully Carmen. It’s docked currently.
Hoping you get on that one.
Me too. It just left like 30 minutes ago. If I missed this one I think I'll lose my sanity, as that means 4 West Coast bound ships came and went without me in the last week or so lol.
And I don't think another is due for another 2 weeks or so
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2023, 06:54 PM   #52
FromCamryToG80
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW g80

Quote:
Me too. It just left like 30 minutes ago. If I missed this one I think I'll lose my sanity, as that means 4 West Coast bound ships came and went without me in the last week or so lol.
An man now I’m worried. I just got to port today.
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2023, 06:56 PM   #53
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCamryToG80 View Post
An man now I’m worried. I just got to port today.
If you somehow got on it, and I didn't, I think I'd fly to Germany myself and find someone to yell at 😂😂
Appreciate 2
      06-26-2023, 10:30 PM   #54
Type M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 24 M4CX On Order

Quote:
Looks like the M3 folks got on ships for the West Coast. I'm a M4 like you that's been at Port since 6/15 so maybe the M3's have priority. It doesn't make sense. I'm going to be honest as I just don't have much patience these days. I'm already looking at used 911s. If BMW is going to do this stupid crap like others on here have experienced where their car sits at Port for weeks and weeks on end as others just simply get to port and hop on a ship... yeah sorry.. don't got the patience for that sh!t...
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2023, 10:35 PM   #55
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type M View Post
Looks like the M3 folks got on ships for the West Coast. I'm a M4 like you that's been at Port since 6/15 so maybe the M3's have priority. It doesn't make sense. I'm going to be honest as I just don't have much patience these days. I'm already looking at used 911s. If BMW is going to do this stupid crap like others on here have experienced where their car sits at Port for weeks and weeks on end as others just simply get to port and hop on a ship... yeah sorry.. don't got the patience for that sh!t...
Yeah it's definitely annoying. Let's hope Carmen was the one who picked up all the M4 cars. If not, I don't even know how to respond to that. It would be absurd that 4 ships in a row would be for M3s only, and everyone with an M4 needs to go fuck themselves. I've been at port since 6/6.

What sucks even more is that I probably won't get my car in time for an event in early August that I was going to have my car be one of the show cars at. I was getting a wrap done for free and my car was gonna be put on display by the company. Now I might miss that because of this bullshit. Which means missing on a free $5000-$6000 wrap job, and getting tm car displayed. Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 10:52 PM   #56
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah it's definitely annoying. Let's hope Carmen was the one who picked up all the M4 cars. If not, I don't even know how to respond to that. It would be absurd that 4 ships in a row would be for M3s only, and everyone with an M4 needs to go fuck themselves. I've been at port since 6/6.

What sucks even more is that I probably won't get my car in time for an event in early August that I was going to have my car be one of the show cars at. I was getting a wrap done for free and my car was gonna be put on display by the company. Now I might miss that because of this bullshit. Which means missing on a free $5000-$6000 wrap job, and getting tm car displayed. Ridiculous.
Wow that PPF thing is super annoying. I really hope you get it.

Question though. Is know for sure M3 and M4 is made at different locations. Are they been sent to different ports???
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 10:54 PM   #57
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Wow that PPF thing is super annoying. I really hope you get it.

Question though. Is know for sure M3 and M4 is made at different locations. Are they been sent to different ports???
If I remember correctly, bother are made in Germany, but different factories. I'm pretty sure they go to the same port as well (both the port in Germany and the ones in the US). But it's possible the ships only take one or the other rather than a mix of both
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 11:01 PM   #58
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Man... sorry if you miss out on the show and wrap job. I'm hoping you're on the Carmen which should make it to Port H by July 26th according to the schedule. That'd give you a shot at getting your ride for that show... Hope it works out for you!
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2023, 11:06 PM   #59
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I remember correctly, bother are made in Germany, but different factories. I'm pretty sure they go to the same port as well (both the port in Germany and the ones in the US). But it's possible the ships only take one or the other rather than a mix of both
Yea for sure both in Germany but some other threads I seen before mentioned Zeeburgge for port of exit. Can u call genius and ask them if they know which port the car is in?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 02:31 AM   #60
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Still shows at port, so I'm not very hopeful I got on Carmen either. This is fucking ridiculous. Next ships aren't for almost 2 weeks. And obviously absolutely zero guarantee I get on any of those either.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 09:12 AM   #61
Casone238
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Quote:
Still shows at port, so I'm not very hopeful I got on Carmen either. This is fucking ridiculous. Next ships aren't for almost 2 weeks. And obviously absolutely zero guarantee I get on any of those either.
You will definitely be on one of those ships. I feel for those going to Texas that wait is crazy.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2023, 05:01 PM   #62
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
So thanks to kgelfen360 's research, the next possible ships for us are:

WW: July 7th (Theben), July 26th (Tannhauser)

NYK: July 5th (Centaurus Leader), July 7th (Demeter Leader), July 21st (Heritage Leader), July 20th (Gemini Leader), July 28th (Pleiades Leader)

M4nication , I wonder if the Port workers were racing our M4s and crashed them into each other... LOL

Last edited by Type M; 06-28-2023 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: grammar
Appreciate 4
      06-28-2023, 05:07 PM   #63
M4nication
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So thanks to kgelfen360 's research, the next possible ships for us are:

WW: July 7th (Theben), July 26th (Tannhauser)

NYK: July 5th (Centaurus Leader), July 7th (Demeter Leader), July 21st (Heritage Leader), July 20th (Gemini Leader), July 28th (Pleiades Leader)

M4nication , I wonder if the Port workers were racing our M4s and crashed them into each other... LOL
At this point dude, I might fucking believe it LMAO. Just our luck.

Let's hope one of those early July ships came grab us. If I can get on one of those, I MIGHT still be able to get that free wrap, as the event is August 17th-19th (I originally thought it was the 2nd for some reason).

By the way, said event is in California, if you're in the area, it would be cool if you could pull up, especially since our cars will probably be shipmates too LOL
Appreciate 2
kgelfen3602215.50
Type M168.50
      06-28-2023, 05:56 PM   #64
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At this point dude, I might fucking believe it LMAO. Just our luck.

Let's hope one of those early July ships came grab us. If I can get on one of those, I MIGHT still be able to get that free wrap, as the event is August 17th-19th (I originally thought it was the 2nd for some reason).

By the way, said event is in California, if you're in the area, it would be cool if you could pull up, especially since our cars will probably be shipmates too LOL
Did u guys ask geniuses of BMW which port the cars are at ? Like for sure it’s Bremenhaven?
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2023, 06:09 PM   #65
Type M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Did u guys ask geniuses of BMW which port the cars are at ? Like for sure it’s Bremenhaven?
With due respect to the Genius crew as they can only tell us what they know, they don't seem to know much so I highly doubt they'd be able to tell us what Port we are at. With that said even if we were at the other Zee port, the WW ships like the Carmen which left earlier this week stop there before going to Port Brem so either way we didn't get picked up..
Appreciate 2
      06-28-2023, 06:19 PM   #66
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
With due respect to the Genius crew as they can only tell us what they know, they don't seem to know much so I highly doubt they'd be able to tell us what Port we are at. With that said even if we were at the other Zee port, the WW ships like the Carmen which left earlier this week stop there before going to Port Brem so either way we didn't get picked up..
Yea makes sense. It’s so strange how cars get picked up but certainly seems M4s got left behind as if they parked somewhere else.
Feel bad for u guys.
Appreciate 1