Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

12-05-2023, 12:12 PM   #133
Jasinedward
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m850i Xdrive Gran Cou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
if you sent the wire yesterday they probably have not yet received it. I sent mine the day i was shipping the DME.

I recommend contacting them on Instagram, they respond pretty quickly on there.
Tried that twice… no luck
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 01:32 PM   #134
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G80

DME sent out today! DHL must have been in the area. I scheduled a pickup, and 20 mins they were at my door.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 10:36 AM   #135
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep

DHL picked up my DME 12/05 at 4:30 and was in FEMTO's hands 12/07 before 12 PM. They have shipped it back to me and will be in my hands 12/12. All in all, 5 business day turnaround from Houston to Finland.

FEMTO has already sent it back to me and will be in my hands this Tuesday given no shipping delays. Incredibly fast service, very responsive on IG.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2023, 03:48 PM   #136
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousmo View Post
DHL picked up my DME 12/05 at 4:30 and was in FEMTO's hands 12/07 before 12 PM. They have shipped it back to me and will be in my hands 12/12. All in all, 5 business day turnaround from Houston to Finland.

FEMTO has already sent it back to me and will be in my hands this Tuesday given no shipping delays. Incredibly fast service, very responsive on IG.
Same

DHL was supposed to deliver it tomorrow, i called them and asked to pick it up instead, and they said no pick up but they will move the delivery to today. So im getting it one day early

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 06:19 PM   #137
ratedpg909
BMW Enthusiast
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 G83 M4

Got mine back installed on the car yesterday. Smooth process even if I went through a 3rd party.

Last edited by ratedpg909; 12-07-2023 at 06:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 09:12 PM   #138
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80

Since so many here are unlocked, I assume there is no way to suppress the car from telling you there is an update to install?

Yes its disabled on my phone for download, yes it downloaded it anyways.
Yes its disable to auto apply; no it hasn't applied it

but boy is it annoying see it prompt me every time I turn the car on.. "click here to start apply the update"... then when you turn it off "you have an update to apply, click here to start"

^^any way to suppress these? I don't need any trigger happy people in my car.
Cosmetic: Full Body PPF, RSC Front Splittler, AUTOTECKNIC V1 Front Grill, M-Perf CF Side Vents, RSC CF Side Skirts, RW Carbon Rear Winglets, Painted Black Exhaust, Amber Deletes,
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2023, 05:55 AM   #139
markoz28
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 340i, BMW 2020 M340i,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
Since so many here are unlocked, I assume there is no way to suppress the car from telling you there is an update to install?

Yes its disabled on my phone for download, yes it downloaded it anyways.
Yes its disable to auto apply; no it hasn't applied it

but boy is it annoying see it prompt me every time I turn the car on.. "click here to start apply the update"... then when you turn it off "you have an update to apply, click here to start"

^^any way to suppress these? I don't need any trigger happy people in my car.
Is it disabled to your car as well? You need to have both, your phone and car disabled for updates. This was happening to me as well and drove me nuts. Then I disabled it in the car and done.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 07:28 AM   #140
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markoz28 View Post
Is it disabled to your car as well? You need to have both, your phone and car disabled for updates. This was happening to me as well and drove me nuts. Then I disabled it in the car and done.
In iDrive8 I couldn't from within the car or at least I can't cause my car is under Fleet Control (leased?, it's not a company car).

Because when you go in System, then Data and Privacy, then custom/individual options near bottom, the message that pops up says something like "individual settings are not allowed as this vehicle is under fleet control. Call Call Services."
Cosmetic: Full Body PPF, RSC Front Splittler, AUTOTECKNIC V1 Front Grill, M-Perf CF Side Vents, RSC CF Side Skirts, RW Carbon Rear Winglets, Painted Black Exhaust, Amber Deletes,
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 10:44 AM   #141
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

I've turned off the auto-update feature both in the app and in the car under the 'Privacy' settings. I believe this should be enough, I didn't find any other options to disable auto-updates.

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 11:28 AM   #142
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
I've turned off the auto-update feature both in the app and in the car under the 'Privacy' settings. I believe this should be enough, I didn't find any other options to disable auto-updates.
So odd, the other day I got that “your car is part of fleet” and you CANT change the individual settings…. But today It did let me in and I could change it so I did.

To bad that update is already downloaded.

Edit: I just turned the car off after I disabled it and it seems to have surpressed the notification on the profile page. Still need to check a few times. But we’ll see.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2023, 06:44 PM   #143
Mp3Supply
Private First Class
Rep

So by disabling It, it has surpressed the dialogs on startup to upgrade and on turning it off also. So glad to not see it.

Now, to see if through e-sys if we can find the folder and delete the update, just to be safe. But, it’s probably unlikely.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2023, 12:45 PM   #144
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp3Supply View Post
So odd, the other day I got that “your car is part of fleet” and you CANT change the individual settings…. But today It did let me in and I could change it so I did.

To bad that update is already downloaded.

Edit: I just turned the car off after I disabled it and it seems to have surpressed the notification on the profile page. Still need to check a few times. But we’ll see.

Appreciate 0
      12-12-2023, 02:40 PM   #145
Jasinedward
Private First Class
Rep

Mine came back today and everything is working great so far! I was able to flash a stage 1 OTS multimap. The car is strong up top.... I need to do a write up so people can learn from all the damn mistakes I made.....lol
Appreciate 1
FloridaM5461.00
      12-13-2023, 12:43 PM   #146
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasinedward View Post
Mine came back today and everything is working great so far! I was able to flash a stage 1 OTS multimap. The car is strong up top.... I need to do a write up so people can learn from all the damn mistakes I made.....lol

Please do!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 02:34 PM   #147
Jasinedward
Private First Class
Rep

Do's:

Take Note of Wiring Harness Colors:

Pay close attention to the colors on the wiring harness for the DME. They follow a specific order, and it's easier to use a picture than to tag everything with tape.

Follow the DHL Process:

Stick to the DHL process outlined in the official thread https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1987762 . It breaks down each step, ensuring you don't miss any critical details.

Ship with an Apple AirTag:

Make tracking your package a breeze by attaching an Apple AirTag. This small addition can provide real-time location updates, offering peace of mind throughout the shipping process.

Send Wire Transfer Promptly:

As soon as you receive the invoice, initiate the wire transfer. Delaying this step may result in a longer waiting time for your DME to be shipped back.

Don't:

Be Careless with Wiring Harnesses:

Despite the expectation that harnesses should slide back in easily, exercise caution. Ensure all pins in the DME are 100% straight before inserting the harness to avoid any complications.

Forget to Disable Auto Updates:

Prevent potential re-locking by turning off auto-updates on both your iDrive settings and your app.

Worry About Licensing BM3 App in Advance:

Contrary to initial concerns, you don't need to license your BM3 app before sending out your DME to Femto.

Feel free to add to this list.... I'm sure there are things I'm missing.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 02:46 PM   #148
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
Do's:

Take Note of Wiring Harness Colors:

Pay close attention to the colors on the wiring harness for the DME. They follow a specific order, and it's easier to use a picture than to tag everything with tape.

Follow the DHL Process:

Stick to the DHL process outlined in the official thread https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1987762 . It breaks down each step, ensuring you don't miss any critical details.

Ship with an Apple AirTag:

Make tracking your package a breeze by attaching an Apple AirTag. This small addition can provide real-time location updates, offering peace of mind throughout the shipping process.

Send Wire Transfer Promptly:

As soon as you receive the invoice, initiate the wire transfer. Delaying this step may result in a longer waiting time for your DME to be shipped back.

Don't:

Be Careless with Wiring Harnesses:

Despite the expectation that harnesses should slide back in easily, exercise caution. Ensure all pins in the DME are 100% straight before inserting the harness to avoid any complications.

Forget to Disable Auto Updates:

Prevent potential re-locking by turning off auto-updates on both your iDrive settings and your app.

Worry About Licensing BM3 App in Advance:

Contrary to initial concerns, you don't need to license your BM3 app before sending out your DME to Femto.

Feel free to add to this list.... I'm sure there are things I'm missing.

Where is the auto update setting in the App?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 02:56 PM   #149
Jasinedward
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Attached some pics for reference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz View Post
Where is the auto update setting in the App?
Attached pics for reference
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Dawgz1019.00
      12-13-2023, 04:40 PM   #150
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep

I got my DME back in, but the car is stuck in a limp mode. I wanted to post this here to see if anyone else ran into a similar issue.

Codes:
DME/DDE [DME8FF_R] | 1F0515: Valvetronic, supply: Line disconnection
DME/DDE [DME8FF_R] | 136807: Valvetronic relay, activation: Short circuit to B+
DME/DDE [DME8FF_R] | 133011: Valvetronic, supply: Malfunction, secondary reaction, voltage supply

Troubleshooting steps:
I went through every DME connector to ensure they were seated correctly and to check for any bent pins or corrosion. I have reseated each connector twice. Before I removed the DME, the battery was disconnected. When I installed the DME, the battery was disconnected as well.

I also checked the valvetronic motor, connector was solid, no issues there. These 3 codes are permanent and will not clear. I don't think this is related to the unlock.

Any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 04:45 PM   #151
Jasinedward
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I got my DME back in, but the car is stuck in a limp mode. I wanted to post this here to see if anyone else ran into a similar issue.

Codes:
1F0515 Valvetronic Supply: Line disconnection
136807 Valvetronic Relay, activation: Short circuit to B+
133011 Valvetronic, supply: Malfunction, secondary reaction, voltage supply

Troubleshooting steps:
I went through every DME connector to ensure they were seated correctly and to check for any bent pins or corrosion. I have reseated each connector twice. Before I removed the DME, the battery was disconnected. When I installed the DME, the battery was disconnected as well.

I also checked the valvetronic motor, connector was solid, no issues there. These 3 codes are permanent and will not clear. I don't think this is related to the unlock.

Any ideas?
When I had issues it showed a short circuit as one of the codes. I had pins bent and touching on the 2nd from the bottom plug. I’d triple check everything and make sure the side wires are plugged back in appropriately. The short usually means 2 wires are touching that shouldn’t. Good luck!!!
Appreciate 1
viciousmo310.50
      12-13-2023, 06:15 PM   #152
viciousmo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
When I had issues it showed a short circuit as one of the codes. I had pins bent and touching on the 2nd from the bottom plug. I’d triple check everything and make sure the side wires are plugged back in appropriately. The short usually means 2 wires are touching that shouldn’t. Good luck!!!
The Valvetronic system goes to the DME, and Integrated supply module. I have checked the pins on this many times, they are 100% straight and nothing is making any contact that it shouldn't.

Connector A46 is where Valvetronic goes to DME (blue connector), and the blue connector on the integrated supply module. I've blown this before on my M340i randomly. I am going to swap out the supply module and see what happens.

1F0515
Check voltage supply of the valvetronic relay / integrated supply module.
Check lines and plug connections between the following components:
- DME.
Valvetronic relay / integrated supply module.
Replace Valvetronic relay / integrated supply module.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 09:19 PM   #153
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
Attached pics for reference

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2023, 09:20 PM   #154
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep

Quote:
The Valvetronic system goes to the DME, and Integrated supply module. I have checked the pins on this many times, they are 100% straight and nothing is making any contact that it shouldn't.

Connector A46 is where Valvetronic goes to DME (blue connector), and the blue connector on the integrated supply module. I've blown this before on my M340i randomly. I am going to swap out the supply module and see what happens.

1F0515
Check voltage supply of the valvetronic relay / integrated supply module.
Check lines and plug connections between the following components:
- DME.
Valvetronic relay / integrated supply module.
Replace Valvetronic relay / integrated supply module.

Sounds like FEMTO shorted something in the DME during the procedure?
Appreciate 0