BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

01-03-2024, 10:55 PM   #1
S4boost
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan Maxima

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [10.00]
  [0.00]
Turn off brake assist but leave on blind spot?

Is there a way to completely disable brake assist but keep blind spot monitoring on?

So far I only see an option to set brake assist to early, medium or late, you can’t turn it off unless you disable all systems, is this correct?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 09:46 AM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Those two options shouldn't really have anything to do with each other...brake assist is for forward or reverse collision prevention, blind spot monitoring is for changing lanes. Why would you want any of that off all the time though?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 02:23 PM   #3
S4boost
Private
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [10.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
Those two options shouldn't really have anything to do with each other...brake assist is for forward or reverse collision prevention, blind spot monitoring is for changing lanes. Why would you want any of that off all the time though?
I thought we were all on the same page with getting a little close to people who aren’t going the BMW speed? Lol.

But seriously, I want blind spot on all the time, but forward collision off. It beeps at me and scares me
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 05:10 PM   #4
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4boost View Post

But seriously, I want blind spot on all the time, but forward collision off. It beeps at me and scares me
Its reminding you to knock it off
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 06:13 PM   #5
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4boost View Post
I thought we were all on the same page with getting a little close to people who aren’t going the BMW speed? Lol.

I have mine on medium and I only ever so rarely get a warning when I've willingly put myself in a situation that I know to expect it. If it's triggering so much that you actually want to turn it off out of annoyance, you are following people way too closely.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 11:13 PM   #6
S4boost
Private
Rep

Garage List
2021 BMW M4  [10.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berzerker View Post
I have mine on medium and I only ever so rarely get a warning when I've willingly put myself in a situation that I know to expect it. If it's triggering so much that you actually want to turn it off out of annoyance, you are following people way too closely.
I’ve only seen it twice. Both times were left lane hogs not letting me over to pass them… because… bmw.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 06:37 AM   #7
mathys
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G82 - G01 - F56

Anyone managed to switch this off?

The front collision warning sensitivity has changed for me: last year ‘late’ was fine for me, now it’s going bananas even when stopping on tim etc.
I suspect an OTA update has adapted the sensitivity.

Anyone know how to either re-adjust the sensitivity or switch it off completely?
Appreciate 0