BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Technical Sections Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

Yesterday, 08:09 PM   #111
Der_Wolf
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdoubleUTIFUL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogurat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
I don't believe red is one of the options. I set mine to blue because of the BMW logo (same reason why I went with blue calipers)
It isn't in the car, but it is on Bimmer & someone posted a photo of it here and said they coded it but I can't find the post
Red is a possible color option because at night when I open the door while the car is running (can't remember if it has to be in gear) the door light strip starts pulsing in red as an alert feature I guess
Which is exactly why they probably don't let you choose it. The car can be in park and it will flash on the door that is open. I wonder if there is a solid red if the car goes into limp mode or something. We should be allowed to choose any color we want

///M
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:02 PM   #112
rogurat
Rogue
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMdoubleUTIFUL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogurat View Post
Quote:
I don't believe red is one of the options. I set mine to blue because of the BMW logo (same reason why I went with blue calipers)
It isn't in the car, but it is on Bimmer & someone posted a photo of it here and said they coded it but I can't find the post
Red is a possible color option because at night when I open the door while the car is running (can't remember if it has to be in gear) the door light strip starts pulsing in red as an alert feature I guess
Which is exactly why they probably don't let you choose it. The car can be in park and it will flash on the door that is open. I wonder if there is a solid red if the car goes into limp mode or something. We should be allowed to choose any color we want
Someone had already coded theirs to red but I lost the post when I was going to ask them how.

No matter what color I select in bimmercode (even standard colors optioned in settings) nothing changes.
Appreciate 0