BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

11-16-2021, 07:53 PM   #947
Rosco P
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bch53211 View Post
How on earth can this be!? My car was a Week 40 build and is still at the factory. It’s been stuck in QC since 10-7. It has the RAM retrofit and nothing else. How are some cars getting through while others sit for over a month?! How did this car get the RAM installed before others ordered before it!? I am so sick of this bs. This may be the last BMW I ever lease or buy. I understand parts shortages and that is not unique to BMW. What I am pissed about is a lack of communication and what appears to be some sort of favoritism with no regard for customers that were “in line” first. I don’t see any other explanation. It can’t be because of some package, option , etc. , I have a standard color and nothing else is holding it up other than the RAM unless they are not disclosing some other stop sale. Completely frustrated and fed up at this point.
The car that landed at my dealer was a base car with no stop sales. Ram was not an issue. It’s just f’d up times.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:27 PM   #948
Bch53211
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco P View Post
The car that landed at my dealer was a base car with no stop sales. Ram was not an issue. It’s just f’d up times.
Didn’t realize they have different stereos. I’d happily forgo the crappy HK stereo in the comp if it meant my car would be to me months earlier. Still doesn’t make sense that some get stuck behind for so much longer than others.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:27 PM   #949
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 G82 Base

Quote:
How on earth can this be!? My car was a Week 40 build and is still at the factory. It’s been stuck in QC since 10-7. It has the RAM retrofit and nothing else. How are some cars getting through while others sit for over a month?! How did this car get the RAM installed before others ordered before it!? I am so sick of this bs. This may be the last BMW I ever lease or buy. I understand parts shortages and that is not unique to BMW. What I am pissed about is a lack of communication and what appears to be some sort of favoritism with no regard for customers that were “in line” first. I don’t see any other explanation. It can’t be because of some package, option , etc. , I have a standard color and nothing else is holding it up other than the RAM unless they are not disclosing some other stop sale. Completely frustrated and fed up at this point.
I've been following your posts for a while now.
What was your original build week?
Mine was a week 37 that got pushed into week 41.
Couldn't say for sure, but I think there are others who had delays worse than yours.

Regarding your status stuck in QC, I'll have to say you're extremely unlucky to have the car in that state.
If you've ever been to an auto manufacturer plant, especially the final assembly line, you'll know how many cars get kicked out for further QC process.
The level of remedy to put that particular car back in the line as a 'good' product will vary substantially depending on the kind of issue that was identified during the manufacturing process.
It could be as simple as a trunk or a door panel alignment issue according to their 'tolerance'.
Or it could be something more serious that requires a longer fix time.
Pardon me if I sound like an inconsiderate prick, but it's pretty obvious at this point that your build suffered some quality issue and it's in need of some significant rework.

As always, I hope it gets resolved soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylingy View Post
I feel your pain! Every step closer to delivery is one less roadblock to overcome .. and every step further from delivery is one more degree of uncertainty and anxiety.

Someone knows why your cars are being held up so long in QC -- they're just inaccessible to us customers. You might insist your dealer GM escalate to BMW NA (and on to Manufacturing) via his rep and management to get an explanation. It won't get the car to you any faster, but it'll at least remove the unknown.

Very well said. The dealer and BMW NA is the only access point for this guy at this point.
Hope everything gets sorted out soon!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:30 PM   #950
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Didn’t realize they have different stereos. I’d happily forgo the crappy HK stereo in the comp if it meant my car would be to me months earlier. Still doesn’t make sense that some get stuck behind for so much longer than others.
All US bound cars have the 688 HK stereo.
Whether each cars have the RAM or amplifier stop sale or not is pure luck.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 09:55 PM   #951
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater4me View Post
I've been following your posts for a while now.
What was your original build week?
Mine was a week 37 that got pushed into week 41.
Couldn't say for sure, but I think there are others who had delays worse than yours.

Regarding your status stuck in QC, I'll have to say you're extremely unlucky to have the car in that state.
If you've ever been to an auto manufacturer plant, especially the final assembly line, you'll know how many cars get kicked out for further QC process.
The level of remedy to put that particular car back in the line as a 'good' product will vary substantially depending on the kind of issue that was identified during the manufacturing process.
It could be as simple as a trunk or a door panel alignment issue according to their 'tolerance'.
Or it could be something more serious that requires a longer fix time.
Pardon me if I sound like an inconsiderate prick, but it's pretty obvious at this point that your build suffered some quality issue and it's in need of some significant rework.

As always, I hope it gets resolved soon.

Very well said. The dealer and BMW NA is the only access point for this guy at this point.
Hope everything gets sorted out soon!
Thanks for your input. I got my allocation and production # 7/22. The day I got the allocation my CA said build week was 35. When I called genius a day or two later they said week 36. It got bumped back 4-5 times to week 40. Started production 9/22 and has been stuck at QC since 10/7. I’m going to try to insist that the rep gets me some answers , I’ll see if I get anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 10:02 PM   #952
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Don’t mean to take away from the excitement many of you are feeling now that most of your cars are in transit. I appreciate your insight , I’ll refrain from venting on here and wait until I see some progress before checking back in
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 10:48 PM   #953
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Quote:
Is one of these stop sales "better" than the other? Put differently, is there a lesser of two evils here?

Trying to understand how long of a wait I may be looking at with this amplifier stop sale…

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 11:30 PM   #954
kurdishcuts
kurdishcuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRock View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Didn't realize they have different stereos. I'd happily forgo the crappy HK stereo in the comp if it meant my car would be to me months earlier. Still doesn't make sense that some get stuck behind for so much longer than others.
Is one of these stop sales "better" than the other? Put differently, is there a lesser of two evils here?

Trying to understand how long of a wait I may be looking at with this amplifier stop sale…
I'm a week 41 build. My only stop sale (amplifier) was resolved in less than a week. Many are stating it's a software update. Idk. All I know is, it's being fixed way faster than those who have RAM stop sale.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2021, 05:25 AM   #955
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurdishcuts View Post
I'm a week 41 build. My only stop sale (amplifier) was resolved in less than a week. Many are stating it's a software update. Idk. All I know is, it's being fixed way faster than those who have RAM stop sale.
Please forgive my ignorance on this but what is the difference between an amplifier and Ram? Why would some cars only be missing ram and some be missing the amplifier? Are some cars missing both? Are both the G80 and G82 having the identical issues with both these components missing? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:09 AM   #956
LimeRock
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Looks like the Hawaiian Highway is a bit delayed…new ETA 11/22

Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:17 AM   #957
nearwater4me
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Please forgive my ignorance on this but what is the difference between an amplifier and Ram? Why would some cars only be missing ram and some be missing the amplifier? Are some cars missing both? Are both the G80 and G82 having the identical issues with both these components missing? Thanks
It's a separate module. RAM is basically the head unit for the receiver which is responsible for all audio including the ASD, and the 'booster' is the amplifier.

As to why they have separate stop sales, idk.

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=592
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 08:39 AM   #958
G30 B58
Pace Car Driver
Rep
Drives: '22 AW G30 B58 M-Sport

Quote:
To Baltimore, yes. Someone posted a .pdf of the schedule for HH.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #959
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32 N55 View Post
Quote:
To Baltimore, yes. Someone posted a .pdf of the schedule for HH.
The schedule with this ship has always been off. The K Line website has always shown 11/21. Now idea how BMW thought 11/17.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:18 AM   #960
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

Finally in transit. Apparently Grand Orion to Bayonne for next week the 27th ETA. recall app still shows RAM open, so unless the backend system lags until the car hits the US port, it appears that I'm still in for some pain waiting for the fix at the VPC.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:36 AM   #961
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep
Drives: F80M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjen View Post
Finally in transit. Apparently Grand Orion to Bayonne for next week the 27th ETA. recall app still shows RAM open, so unless the backend system lags until the car hits the US port, it appears that I'm still in for some pain waiting for the fix at the VPC.
Congrats! I'm still in QC. Six weeks as of yesterday.
Appreciate 1
Sinjen257.00
      11-19-2021, 09:53 AM   #962
Bch53211
Major
Rep

Garage List
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrrrrrr View Post
Happy for you Singen. No movement today for me either ggrrrr- on to week 7 in QC. It’s like our cars have been forgotten. Doesn’t seem like we will see our cars in 2022. I don’t wish this on anyone it’s a helpless feeling but misery loves company and at least we have each other - it’s going to be tough (if?)/ when one of us moves forward leaving the other behind. My dealer doesn’t even respond to my inquiries about this anymore.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 01:38 PM   #963
Sinjen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grigio Telesto '22 M4CX

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjen View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Happy for you Singen. No movement today for me either ggrrrr- on to week 7 in QC. It's like our cars have been forgotten. Doesn't seem like we will see our cars in 2022. I don't wish this on anyone it's a helpless feeling but misery loves company and at least we have each other - it's going to be tough (if?)/ when one of us moves forward leaving the other behind. My dealer doesn't even respond to my inquiries about this anymore.
I'm starting to have a sneaking suspicion these cars are having their RAM done at the factory. I'm thinking that I'll see it closed when my car gets scanned at VPC. Hopefully that means no waiting when they get stateside, but we'll see. Hang in there.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:31 PM   #964
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Happy for you Singen. No movement today for me either ggrrrr- on to week 7 in QC. It’s like our cars have been forgotten. Doesn’t seem like we will see our cars in 2022. I don’t wish this on anyone it’s a helpless feeling but misery loves company and at least we have each other - it’s going to be tough (if?)/ when one of us moves forward leaving the other behind. My dealer doesn’t even respond to my inquiries about this anymore.
Look on the bright side: by the time your car finally arrives, you'll be a Brigadier General on these forums! The respect you'll command!!!

But seriously, there has to be something more than a missing component that's holding up your car so long in QC. If your dealer won't return your calls anymore, try contacting BMW Customer Relations directly and diplomatically, professionally explain your conundrum. It can't hurt, aside from the time invested.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:01 PM   #965
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep

Quote:
Look on the bright side: by the time your car finally arrives, you'll be a Brigadier General on these forums! The respect you'll command!!!

But seriously, there has to be something more than a missing component that's holding up your car so long in QC. If your dealer won't return your calls anymore, try contacting BMW Customer Relations directly and diplomatically, professionally explain your conundrum. It can't hurt, aside from the time invested.
I agree with you that something's up beyond a missing component. 7 weeks with no information is unreal and suggests that something is really wrong - I think Bch53211 and my car actually hit each other given they have the same manufacture date!

I have worked with so many Genius reps that they recognize my case before they pull up my profile.

I've escalated to the next level, which may be Customer Relations, and am on my third rep - none of which have any information. I'm frustrated, but have been respectful on these calls.

I've emailed the factory in Regensberg directly and they emailed back telling me someone would be in contact, but no one has been.

Dealer has been no help. They claim other cars are also being held, but have acknowledged that 7 weeks is their longest quality check. I truly don't understand how someone can't run the VIN and get more information at the dealer or customer service.

Recall tool shows the RAM as open, but 7 weeks?! Put the car on a boat and fix it at the port - at least it would be moving.

I've read the different build threads and its frustrating to see later build weeks having cars shipped and delivered. It also looks like M4s are more delayed than M3s.

This will be my 5th consecutive M car so you'd think there would be some note to file or something indicating customer loyalty. At what point does someone with actual authority get involved and get the parts needed to finish these cars that have been stuck this long?!

I'm up for suggestions if anyone else has a way to get some info.
Appreciate 1
JMU_BMW152.50
      11-19-2021, 08:06 PM   #966
ggrrrrrr
Private
Rep

Quote:
I feel your pain! My dealer called me today, but with no information as per usual. Its a wasted effort at this point. Hopefully our cars will ship out together.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 09:34 PM   #967
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you that something's up beyond a missing component. 7 weeks with no information is unreal and suggests that something is really wrong - I think Bch53211 and my car actually hit each other given they have the same manufacture date!

I have worked with so many Genius reps that they recognize my case before they pull up my profile.

I've escalated to the next level, which may be Customer Relations, and am on my third rep - none of which have any information. I'm frustrated, but have been respectful on these calls.

I've emailed the factory in Regensberg directly and they emailed back telling me someone would be in contact, but no one has been.

Dealer has been no help. They claim other cars are also being held, but have acknowledged that 7 weeks is their longest quality check. I truly don't understand how someone can't run the VIN and get more information at the dealer or customer service.

Recall tool shows the RAM as open, but 7 weeks?! Put the car on a boat and fix it at the port - at least it would be moving.

I've read the different build threads and its frustrating to see later build weeks having cars shipped and delivered. It also looks like M4s are more delayed than M3s.

This will be my 5th consecutive M car so you'd think there would be some note to file or something indicating customer loyalty. At what point does someone with actual authority get involved and get the parts needed to finish these cars that have been stuck this long?!

I'm up for suggestions if anyone else has a way to get some info.
Send an email to the BMWNA CEO and the Regional SVP/VP. Should get someone from the executive customer relations to reach out to you.

May not do much in the end but it's another path of escalation.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 02:15 PM   #968
luckylingy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
I think Bch53211 and my car actually hit each other given they have the same manufacture date!

I think you're onto something -- your two cars shared some calamity, given they were on the assembly line the same day!

Next year marks my 30-year anniversary with BMW Financial Services, and yes -- that paper trail is visible to Genius reps (they brought it up, not me). I'm not sure that gains you much advantage in an escalation, if any; but your loyalty is worth mentioning.

If you're a BMW CCA member, another avenue is their ombudsman program (look up your region's rep in the Roundel). They'll have more experience and contacts to escalate and resolve thorny matters than you or I ever will!
Appreciate 0