BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics G80 M3 /G82 M4 versus...

10-12-2022, 11:42 PM   #23
Predatar
Private
Rep
Drives: G82X

Such a great looking car, congrats OP. While I’m obviously biased and prefer an M4 or ICE car, that’s the great thing about the hobby - variety for all.

I love the color btw!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 07:12 PM   #24
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampgc View Post
Went from a Tanzanite Blue G82 M4 Comp Xdrive to a Neptune Blue Taycan 4S.

Both are amazing cars and roughly cost the same amount of money each month. Great driver's cars both of them.

Taycan costs $400 more a month on my auto loan. Costs $300 less each month in terms of gas vs electricity. Porsche Taycan is surprisingly $60 cheaper each month for insurance.

The Taycan 4S feels more nimble than the G82. Definitely quieter for sure. Cabin is more comfortable in the Taycan and while it is a heavier and longer car, the Taycan feels smaller. I think this is primarily due to the rear wheel steering.

Miss the sound of the engine but I've gotten used to it. The steering feel of Porsche is loads better than the G82. Waking up to a full charge and not having to gas up is game changing.

Now, the M4 has much better tech in my experience so far. idrive is much better than the PCM. Also the merino leather that comes standard in the BMW feels much better than the standard interior of the Porsche.

Still awaiting verdict on what will depreciate more. Both look fantastic and you will not go wrong with either car in my opinion.
Taycan looks BOSS in this pic.
Must have been a fair amount more dosh though.

Mind dishing on the price?
(Never mind I see it $121k CPO 7k miles.)

Yea, so that’s probably about a $40k to $50k difference new to new.
That’s not nothing. Great car though and I bet there’s a lot more room in the backseat.

I have seen these cars in person though and they just do not hit me like a 911 does. Not saying they are ugly or that I don’t like them, but between the two I still lean towards an M car based on looks.

That car looks fantastic in your pic though. I think it’s the side profile I don’t like on the taycan. Anyway, appreciate your thoughts!

Last edited by DO444; 10-13-2022 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 07:20 PM   #25
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampgc View Post
Sorry wasn't fully fair now that I think about it. My M4 was brand new 2022 @ $94K while the Taycan 4S was $121K as a 2021 CPO with 7k miles (really good price in my opinion).

The M4 I had to pay sales tax in full at the time while I did benefit to trade in credit at the time of purchase on the Taycan.

This is partly from memory:
M4 - $101K after all fees, put $20k down - $81K loan
Taycan - $126K after all fees, $27k down - $99k loan

Edit: just to add, M4 was $89k MSRP sticker but I added tint, front lip, and carbon fiber mirrors through the dealer

So to be fair, probably should spread $7k difference across a 60 month term.
Brutal.
That 100k car loan can’t be enjoyable to see every month.
Probably better off cashing some stawks and bringing that payment down, unless you think the market is going up soon (and if you do I have a unicorn you might like.)

Appreciate 0