BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

04-19-2021, 11:16 AM   #111
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 xDrive Competition

Garage List
The $4100 is a tough pill to swallow, but I'm still on board. What I'm more peeved at is the lack of the additional interior options that have been standard since the February ordering guides. I want Fiona Red but I'm not ponying up yet another few grand for individual. Hopefully it's just an oversight in the press release.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 11:31 AM   #112
acre22f90
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailonacs99 View Post
The $4100 is a tough pill to swallow, but I'm still on board. What I'm more peeved at is the lack of the additional interior options that have been standard since the February ordering guides. I want Fiona Red but I'm not ponying up yet another few grand for individual. Hopefully it's just an oversight in the press release.
Fiona and the other individual colors are a no cost option. They only cost if you want full leather, which is the exact same as standard colors.
      04-19-2021, 02:24 PM   #113
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Marina Bay M3 xDrive

Garage List
I'm currently on the fence between getting the AWD at the premium price tag or pulling a 180 and going RWD. Trying to personally quantify what I believe the AWD should really be worth in terms of a monthly expense.

When comparing finance/lease payments on a Competition model you may be talking $56-65/mo. increase to get the AWD option (on an equally negotiated sales price).

That negotiated sales price is the kicker. Right now, most dealerships are not budging off MSRP in early conversations for the AWD. The RWD base and competition models have a variety of under MSRP discounts that can be found directly with dealers or through brokers. If you factor in the expected negotiated price, that monthly gap to get the AWD option grows quickly to $100-150/mo. It would be nearly $150-200/mo if comparing to the base model.

I really like the idea of the first AWD M3 but the pricing has definitely made me stop to think more about it.
      04-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #114
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post
I'm currently on the fence between getting the AWD at the premium price tag or pulling a 180 and going RWD. Trying to personally quantify what I believe the AWD should really be worth in terms of a monthly expense.

When comparing finance/lease payments on a Competition model you may be talking $56-65/mo. increase to get the AWD option (on an equally negotiated sales price).

That negotiated sales price is the kicker. Right now, most dealerships are not budging off MSRP in early conversations for the AWD. The RWD base and competition models have a variety of under MSRP discounts that can be found directly with dealers or through brokers. If you factor in the expected negotiated price, that monthly gap to get the AWD option grows quickly to $100-150/mo. It would be nearly $150-200/mo if comparing to the base model.

I really like the idea of the first AWD M3 but the pricing has definitely made me stop to think more about it.
Overall pricing is definitely a factor for me (especially when I spec out an RS6 or E63 AMG, both of which also offer AWD), but the main reason I'm set on the AWD is the weather and roads where I live in the northeast. We just had one of the worst winters I've ever seen, and to get anywhere around me are a lot of windy, hilly, country roads. So AWD is a necessity for a sports car vs a "nice to have". The G82 offering it is what's keeping me in an M4 vs. going for a competitor coupe or X4M.

I think a lot of other AWD buyers are in that same boat. If it was just a novelty item or I lived in a warmer climate still, I would totally skip it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 04:49 PM   #115
OperationSunset
Private
Rep
Drives: ‘21 BMW M2C | '18 Tesla 3P

Quote:
Overall pricing is definitely a factor for me (especially when I spec out an RS6 or E63 AMG, both of which also offer AWD), but the main reason I'm set on the AWD is the weather and roads where I live in the northeast. We just had one of the worst winters I've ever seen, and to get anywhere around me are a lot of windy, hilly, country roads. So AWD is a necessity for a sports car vs a "nice to have". The G82 offering it is what's keeping me in an M4 vs. going for a competitor coupe or X4M.

I think a lot of other AWD buyers are in that same boat. If it was just a novelty item or I lived in a warmer climate still, I would totally skip it.
If you're not wedded to an M4Cx or plan to track your car at all, I'd just go for the X4MC. It may be less dynamic on a day to day, but you'll get more practicality, more space, a ton of speed, and excellent opportunities to discount the vehicle vs M4 pricing.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 07:18 PM   #116
Gulu100
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 X7 40i,17 f12 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macheins View Post

feel the same way this car will be close to pushing 90k with the exec and a few other options...
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 07:48 PM   #117
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
It's truly becoming a baby M5 to most of us who are used to smaller and lighter M3s. In many ways I'm OK with that given its overall agility and performance but the price tag is definitely a bigger pill to swallow for sure.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 11:45 PM   #118
jailonacs99
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OperationSunset View Post
Quote:

If you're not wedded to an M4Cx or plan to track your car at all, I'd just go for the X4MC. It may be less dynamic on a day to day, but you'll get more practicality, more space, a ton of speed, and excellent opportunities to discount the vehicle vs M4 pricing.
It's a tough one. The main items that kill the X4M for me are, one, I just can't bring myself to think I'll walk out to an SAV and want to go on a quick weekend drive the same way I do in a coupe. The other is the MPG. I'll be running a couple long road trips/commutes a month, plus recreational drives, and the thought of getting less than 20 MPG on the highway is super frustrating. In my F82 I could easily stay above 30 MPG, so even with the extra weight of the G82 I expect high 20s at least.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 09:04 AM   #119
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Put a deposit to get on list today for 2022. #5 on list and it's a big dealer so probably first on second month allocation. They said the list opened Monday. $2,000 off MSRP for being loyal customer and $4,000 above buy out on current lease so that helps a lot. Told that most are written at MSRP not above which is good. I would imagine the list will grow fairly long by the time production starts so anyone looking to get one within the next year may want to consider moving quickly.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 09:31 AM   #120
Macheins
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
Put a deposit to get on list today for 2022. #5 on list and it's a big dealer so probably first on second month allocation. They said the list opened Monday. $2,000 off MSRP for being loyal customer and $4,000 above buy out on current lease so that helps a lot. Told that most are written at MSRP not above which is good. I would imagine the list will grow fairly long by the time production starts so anyone looking to get one within the next year may want to consider moving quickly.
If you can trust the sample provided from online polls or the members on these forums, it does seem like there is a big demand for the AWD model.

I've talked with a few dealers and they've indicated similar experiences in terms of inquiries. I was also surprised that at our local dealership (in Charlotte), when I asked if I could put down a deposit in early March (right after the embargo lifted) someone had already beat me to request their first AWD allocation.

I haven't seen read anything indicating that the AWD model will have allocation restrictions beyond normal but it does feel like there is more of a demand there which is being reflected in the lack of deals under MSRP. That might change in one direction or the other once the floodgates truly open for orders.
      04-20-2021, 10:54 AM   #121
PLF69
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

My local dealer was not so happy when I told him I wanted to order a Manual instead of taking is RWD Comp in the show room.

They know it's going to be a harder sell in winterland Quebec, Canada with the AWD models coming
Daily/Family: 2021 Atlas Cross Sport 3.6
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 02:19 PM   #122
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Any ideas on when the spec sheets will drop and AWD allocations will be open? I know the official AWD "unveiling" just happened but It seemed sooner than I thought so hoping allocations are sooner too.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #123
m3ct
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition xDrive Bro

My dealer just got RWD allocations but still nothing on AWD after the press release. They’re projecting fall delivery
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #124
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Any ideas on when the spec sheets will drop and AWD allocations will be open? I know the official AWD "unveiling" just happened but It seemed sooner than I thought so hoping allocations are sooner too.
Most likely they will become available coinciding with the G83 release. As the G83 is AWD only from what I have heard, so it would make sense for BMW to release them at the same time.

When this will happen is a mystery... most likely beginning of June at the latest I would have guessed as production will start in July according to the recent BMW press release. But I hope it's sooner as I want to amend my order to AWD.
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 10:59 AM   #125
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sbm007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Most likely they will become available coinciding with the G83 release. As the G83 is AWD only from what I have heard, so it would make sense for BMW to release them at the same time.

When this will happen is a mystery... most likely beginning of June at the latest I would have guessed as production will start in July according to the recent BMW press release. But I hope it's sooner as I want to amend my order to AWD.
With the exception of HEA cars allocations are usually a month or so out, we could see the July build allocations (2022 USA MY) be released in may. It would be unusual for those allocations to be available in April. I would imagine the order guides will come out at the same time.... ppl are ancy/excited but we are still well within bmws normal process

Also on the G83 they may not "officially" announce it with a press release until the cars are literally rolling down the assembly line. That doesn't mean the order guides and allocations won't be available much earlier.

Bmwna's hand was more or less forced with regard to the xdrive press release because corporate did their "M3/m4 explained video"
In the rest of world intro of awd is much less dramatic as it will be an in year update vs the all new model year that comes in North America
Appreciate 1
Sbm007612.50
      04-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #126
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 911S, G80 M3

Anyone here placed an actual xDrive order yet? What was your experience?

My sales person just told me that they cannot guarantee the delivery timeframe. It could be beyond Sept depending on the allocation. They also said they cannot guarantee the pricing either at MSRP or above MSRP, but they want to take my non-refundable deposit now to secure the slot. They said I will be the the "first" at their dealership if I give them $2500 now, and of course I can't order the car until they received the allocation.

It seems to me that they are playing the bidding game here. Should I just put down the deposit and hope for the best?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 10:00 AM   #127
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
It seems to me that they are playing the bidding game here. Should I just put down the deposit and hope for the best?
I've heard the configurator will open up on May 5th - might be worth holding off until then?

I have an order for a M3C RWD which is still awaiting an allocation, I will be amending it to AWD next week when the configurator goes live.
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 10:39 AM   #128
Uncleogrimacey
Rep
Drives: BMW 435xi M-Sport package

I have the first allocation for a G80 xDrive at my dealership in Delaware. The dealership said yesterday they will be able to place my order in August as that’s when they’ve been told they will get their allocations. My guy there said he’s been told that’s when everyone will get theirs.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 11:36 AM   #129
M3AWD
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncleogrimacey View Post
I have the first allocation for a G80 xDrive at my dealership in Delaware. The dealership said yesterday they will be able to place my order in August as that’s when they’ve been told they will get their allocations. My guy there said he’s been told that’s when everyone will get theirs.
I believe market launch is August so that should be when cars can be delivered to customers. Production starts in July so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to place your order in June or even late May!

Does anyone have any other updates?

2022 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2021, 11:39 AM   #130
Dynamic3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3Cx

Placed my deposit yesterday evening, was told to expect late Aug. delivery.
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50
      04-28-2021, 03:03 AM   #131
m4compgang
SOLD: ‘16 F83 M4, ‘22 G82 M4CX CURRENT: ‘23 M3CX
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp M xDrive

Placed my deposit about a month ago, eagerly waiting.
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50
      04-28-2021, 04:20 AM   #132
Uncleogrimacey
Rep
Drives: BMW 435xi M-Sport package

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3AWD View Post
I believe market launch is August so that should be when cars can be delivered to customers. Production starts in July so I'm pretty sure you'll be able to place your order in June or even late May!

Does anyone have any other updates?
So he told me that I wont be able to place my order until then, but I would love to be happily surprised and find out it will actually be earlier.
Appreciate 1
M3AWD3181.50