BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-03-2021, 09:28 AM   #23
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

We went to our local dealership this past weekend and saw DG for the first time in person. It was stunning. It was a very sunny day so you could clearly see the gold/bronze metallic in the paint. I was impressed. I also think that those undertones look great with the KO interior. It popped. Unfortunately, IMO I would go for black calipers if I chose that combo. The red clashes with the orange interior and the blue would look out of place to me.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 11:07 AM   #24
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 911S, G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin3008 View Post
We went to our local dealership this past weekend and saw DG for the first time in person. It was stunning. It was a very sunny day so you could clearly see the gold/bronze metallic in the paint. I was impressed. I also think that those undertones look great with the KO interior. It popped. Unfortunately, IMO I would go for black calipers if I chose that combo. The red clashes with the orange interior and the blue would look out of place to me.
Yes same here I went to put down my deposit over the weekend there was a DG M8 with "red" interior (not sure which red)... whoa!! Yes, I do see the bronze metallic reflection under the sun. And I agree, with the KO CF interior, it will look amazing... now the question is what color caliper will you get... red and blue would clash, black does not "pop"... hmmm....

EDIT: I also want to add to it, I saw a BG M4 as well under a bright sun, it certainly had a very noticeable blue tint to it (it is not as "metallic" as the DG, it is more "flat" while the DG sparkles under the sun) If I would go with with BG, I would go with the YMB (for the CF) or Fjord blue interior and blue calipers.

Last edited by Mperor; 05-03-2021 at 11:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #25
merlin3008
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
Yes same here I went to put down my deposit over the weekend there was a DG M8 with "red" interior (not sure which red)... whoa!! Yes, I do see the bronze metallic reflection under the sun. And I agree, with the KO CF interior, it will look amazing... now the question is what color caliper will you get... red and blue would clash, black does not "pop"... hmmm....

EDIT: I also want to add to it, I saw a BG M4 as well under a bright sun, it certainly had a very noticeable blue tint to it (it is not as "metallic" as the DG, it is more "flat" while the DG sparkles under the sun) If I would go with with BG, I would go with the YMB (for the CF) or Fjord blue interior and blue calipers.
I actually think the gold calipers would look great on DG, but $8,000 for ceramic brakes is a non-starter for me. Pretty easy to custom paint though.
2016 M235i xdrive, Alpine White, Terra Leather, Orbit Gray Wheels (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #26
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I actually think the gold calipers would look great on DG, but $8,000 for ceramic brakes is a non-starter for me. Pretty easy to custom paint though.
Yea I thought about that then I don't want people to think I am a wannabe pretend to have the ceramic brake but couldn't cough up the $$ for it. (actually it is not the $$, I just have no need for it and justify the extra $8000)
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 12:45 PM   #27
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:

Ccb is the only logical choice
Appreciate 2
      05-04-2021, 07:43 PM   #28
metrobeatsllc
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

I picked up my Dravit Grey G80 M3 with Kayalami Orange interior in the beginning of April and love it. Heavily considered Brooklyn Grey and Black when I put my order in back in January but ultimately liked the middle point of those which for me was Dravit Grey. Looks dope.
Appreciate 1
darrelljs143.50
      05-04-2021, 08:07 PM   #29
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by metrobeatsllc View Post
I picked up my Dravit Grey G80 M3 with Kayalami Orange interior in the beginning of April and love it. Heavily considered Brooklyn Grey and Black when I put my order in back in January but ultimately liked the middle point of those which for me was Dravit Grey. Looks dope.
What color callipers? Any pics? I'm picking up the same combo soon. Dying to see it. Was very tempted by the black also
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:25 AM   #30
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
What color callipers? Any pics? I'm picking up the same combo soon. Dying to see it. Was very tempted by the black also
Yes I would love to see some pix as well, please post!
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #31
gurns
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Dravit Grey

I have a DG G82 and really like it. it is my first grey colored car and I was a little apprehensive about my choice but I wanted to change from my past selections. DG is unique in that its appearance changes depending on the sunlight; sort of a chameleon effect. IMO the DG takes on a solid chalky look under cloudy or low light conditions which is pretty cool; you would not think at all that it was a metallic paint. However, as mentioned in many posts the DG reveals stunning gold metallic tones in the sunlight. Thus far, I have not seen any pictures that really accurately capture the spectrum of this unique color. One needs to see it in person to really appreciate its traits. As for brake caliper colors, I got blue for the reason of matching the blue laser lights. However, I think red might have been a better choice especially with all black wheels. Regarding BG, I have seen it in person and it is also an attractive looking color on this car.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:36 AM   #32
jonwats
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp 2018 X5

I contemplated the same choice for weeks. I ended up going with BG because of the contrast of the shadow line pieces. I also went with KO buckets.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 02:54 PM   #33
DimM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40

Seen both in person and I think Dravit goes with the shape/lines (G80) of the car better than the BG !Is a really nice colour.Aggressive and classy the same time.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:13 PM   #34
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

I went with Brooklyn Grey because I prefer greater contrast between the carbon fiber roof and the body, the fact that I won't see many similar colors, and lighter colors are easier to live with in the Texas heat. However, this is purely a subjective opinion. I'm sure all the opinions here will give you some things to think about in making the call, but in the end its your car so you should pick what you like, not what others might like. I don't care if the entire world hates the grill, the color, or anything else about my car. It's all about what will bring a smile to my face when I see it and when I drive it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 01:35 PM   #35
mahmoodster
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 G80

Yet another thread that is making me freak out over my choice. It's unlike me not to be extra careful, but I didn't realize that the Dravit Grey had so many gold undertones until recently— and I ordered it with the Fjord Blue interior, and now it's too late I'm told by the dealer 🥴 I did do the blue calipers, so I hope it looks at least decent overall in person. I doubt it'll look horrible, but pretty or not, I'll share how looks when I receive it.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #36
Avaley
Captain
Rep
Drives: f32 430ix & 982 GT4 PDK

Garage List
Personally a fan of the BG due to contrast and bodylines
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 01:51 PM   #37
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

I switched my color from DG to BG after seeing BG in person. Love both colors and pictures don't do either justice.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 01:53 PM   #38
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

BG and DG are both great! When I ordered BG, I thought it was going to be M specific, but it appears that BMW is bringing it to multiple other models (4 series, X3, X5, etc). I still think its great, but definitely going to be seeing much more of it than anticipated.

DG is so dynamic. Great color. I don't think it can be appreciated unless you see it in person. It was my second choice.

A big factor for me was that I knew I was adding the CF exterior package and I think you get more out of it with a lighter color (i.e., BG). It would look good on DG as well, but much more understated IMO.

Can't go wrong; just make sure you choose an interior that compliments either (i.e., don't pick YAS).
      08-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #39
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahmoodster View Post
Yet another thread that is making me freak out over my choice. It's unlike me not to be extra careful, but I didn't realize that the Dravit Grey had so many gold undertones until recently— and I ordered it with the Fjord Blue interior, and now it's too late I'm told by the dealer 🥴 I did do the blue calipers, so I hope it looks at least decent overall in person. I doubt it'll look horrible, but pretty or not, I'll share how looks when I receive it.
Well, look good or not, don't worry about it... think of this way, your combo will be rare + unique and probably you will have the only DG and FB combo in Miami or entire east coast.
Appreciate 1
      08-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #40
corbs09
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Another consideration point is keeping the car clean. I LOVE DG but ultimately went with BG because I know it will be much easier to keep clean, and hopefully show less swirl marks over time.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 02:52 PM   #41
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
I am about to place an order of BG with KO combo M3C, then I saw the Dravit Grey - I like it a lot, nice under tone of blue which I am thinking changing from BG/KO to DG with Fjord Blue (with the calipers in blue and laser headlamp (blue))

Though I really like the DG, do you think DG is too "boring" or "normal"/"sleeper"? I see many people here are getting the BG not many DG, why did you chose BG over DG (if you even considered it)?
I think everyone and there mom has BG. I'd do a Dravit cuz it just shines different. Gold specks make it pop.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 02:55 PM   #42
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Quote:
I am about to place an order of BG with KO combo M3C, then I saw the Dravit Grey - I like it a lot, nice under tone of blue which I am thinking changing from BG/KO to DG with Fjord Blue (with the calipers in blue and laser headlamp (blue))

Though I really like the DG, do you think DG is too "boring" or "normal"/"sleeper"? I see many people here are getting the BG not many DG, why did you chose BG over DG (if you even considered it)?
I think everyone and there mom has BG. I'd do a Dravit cuz it just shines different. Gold specks make it pop.
When I picked up my car last week there were 10 cars in delivery bay. All different models. I think no less than 6-7 were BG.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #43
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
When I picked up my car last week there were 10 cars in delivery bay. All different models. I think no less than 6-7 were BG.
lol thanks for advices, but I posted that comment months ago, I ended ordered the BG/FB combo, I guess I am among the top statistic.

I was just at the dealership the past weekend to say hello to my CA, there were a X4M and X5M both in BG, disappointing that BMW not making it a M3/4 only color...
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #44
NKGK20
Captain
Rep
Drives: X3M , G80 on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NKGK20 View Post
Quote:

Yea…. I ordered TR with tartufo 😎
Appreciate 0