Technical Sections Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

09-08-2021, 07:46 PM   #67
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
Mine have arrived, and they ride good. Not bouncy. Need to settle a little but I'm happy with the drop.
I'll have to wait until you get some more miles in. Most folks have reported a bouncy ride with H&R on the G80 and other cars (including myself). Of course, its fine on flat roads, but large bumps and things give you more bounce than you'd like.

Glad you like them in any case.
      09-08-2021, 10:08 PM   #68
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
I'll have to wait until you get some more miles in. Most folks have reported a bouncy ride with H&R on the G80 and other cars (including myself). Of course, its fine on flat roads, but large bumps and things give you more bounce than you'd like.

I live in Michigan, it's all bumps here.

In any case I paid 186 for them so I can't complain. Better than a 900 dollar kit I have to remove a critical portion of to get the lowering I want.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 10:19 PM   #69
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Good point. Adjustable springs that can’t adjust is silly.

I’m from Michigan so I hear ya! Lol
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2021, 10:30 PM   #70
dbwy
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by moproblems View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post

I live in Michigan, it's all bumps here.

In any case I paid 186 for them so I can't complain. Better than a 900 dollar kit I have to remove a critical portion of to get the lowering I want.
Where can you get them for $186?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #71
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbwy View Post
Where can you get them for $186?
I had TireRack discounts, only thing they had.

Anyways I got this out on track at Gridlife Midwest. I didn't have a track ticket but a good friend of mine who works at AMS Performance who also is part of tech at Gridlife drove the car. We went through damping settings, starting on Sport damping and finding it didn't quite want to settle in, but was manageable. Switched to sport+ and it was immediately felt that it was much too stiff, especially through Gingerman Raceway's aero limited faster chicane. We then ran the suspension in comfort in the rest of the session, finding it allowed the car to settle much better and not want to be super snappy in transition, ending out the single session with a 1:46. Both of us were very sure the car had much more in it, but he was being nice to the car and I am a very bad passenger.

The springs were most definitely not a detriment on track. They ride slightly firmer but not that badly, and I don't notice the H&R "bounce" some are claiming. Remember folks, some people want to sell parts, and there is more than likely a much higher margin on MSS.
Appreciate 2
DMD469.50
TypeDre111.00