10-29-2021, 12:04 AM   #1
mlc50
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 (6MT)

Track day at Willow Springs 10/6

Correction: 11/6

This is a long shot, but if anyone in SoCal is interested in doing a track day at Willow Springs next Saturday check this out!

I am not affiliated with them. This will be my first track day, but I'll have a "coach" with me the whole day in the G80.

Let me know if you end up signing up. Would be cool to meet other folks from the forums here. Their IG is @ Extremespeedtrackevents and they've published this code SOW7 which gives $10 off.

Cheers.

-Mike
      10-29-2021, 10:47 AM   #2
Pekingduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80

I think speed ventures better. Xtremespeed tend to be more pack. I planning to go in December
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 01:34 PM   #3
mlc50
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekingduck View Post
I think speed ventures better. Xtremespeed tend to be more pack. I planning to go in December
For sure, this seems like one of the cheaper ones. I think SoCalDrivers club caps it to 40ish cars at different tracks.

Will definitely check that out for next time.
      11-30-2021, 11:40 PM   #4
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.83]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
How did it go! Did the track bug bite you?! I track my F80 M3 CS quite often, but I just ordered an M4 that hopefully will get here in a few months. How did the G80 do?

I try to stay away from Xtremespeed. They are on the cheaper end, which means they have a higher attendance and more traffic on track. Speed Ventures, Speed District are good organizers with a lower car count.

Fast Toys and Driven By Apex are two of my favorites with very low car counts. Tons of seat time at all their events! So far I've done probably 6 or 7 track days with them including Laguna Seca 105db. They have another one coming up at Big Willow on 12/10!

https://www.drivenbyapex.com/events/.../10/big-willow

Also check out ADAMS MOTORSPORTS PARK on Friday nights where they have TIME ATTACK. I try to go once or twice a month. Fairly cheap and really fun and not so much wear and tear on the car as a track day. It's basically 9 laps a session on a small track.
They do the timing and you get to have some friendly competition against all the other drivings. Very casual, no pressure, very friendly! Not too many F8X or G8X's either, it would be fun to see more of us out there! Saturday is DRIFT NIGHT too if you're interested.

Me at Adams:

Adams Motorsports Park by JMG, on Flickr

Me at Laguna Seca:
6N7A3410-Edit-2_100 by JMG, on Flickr

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82

Last edited by jmg; 11-30-2021 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 3
RockinPA4848.00
mlc5063.50
mzcp2657.00
      12-02-2021, 12:18 AM   #5
mlc50
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
How did it go! Did the track bug bite you?! I track my F80 M3 CS quite often, but I just ordered an M4 that hopefully will get here in a few months. How did the G80 do?

I try to stay away from Xtremespeed. They are on the cheaper end, which means they have a higher attendance and more traffic on track. Speed Ventures, Speed District are good organizers with a lower car count.

Fast Toys and Driven By Apex are two of my favorites with very low car counts. Tons of seat time at all their events! So far I've done probably 6 or 7 track days with them including Laguna Seca 105db. They have another one coming up at Big Willow on 12/10!

Also check out ADAMS MOTORSPORTS PARK on Friday nights where they have TIME ATTACK. I try to go once or twice a month. Fairly cheap and really fun and not so much wear and tear on the car as a track day. It's basically 9 laps a session on a small track.
They do the timing and you get to have some friendly competition against all the other drivings. Very casual, no pressure, very friendly! Not too many F8X or G8X's either, it would be fun to see more of us out there! Saturday is DRIFT NIGHT too if you're interested.

Me at Adams:

Me at Laguna Seca:
Will check it out! Thanks for the recs. And to answer your question definitely enjoyed the track day, but I think it's probably too much car for me to track right now. My ability is nowhere near what the car is capable of so I'm thinking I would probably just get a Miata or something if I wanted to track seriously.
      12-02-2021, 12:55 AM   #6
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc50 View Post
Quote:

Me at Adams:

Me at Laguna Seca:
Will check it out! Thanks for the recs. And to answer your question definitely enjoyed the track day, but I think it's probably too much car for me to track right now. My ability is nowhere near what the car is capable of so I'm thinking I would probably just get a Miata or something if I wanted to track seriously.
Ditto. This is a lot of car! Still fun though!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Appreciate 1
mlc5063.50
      03-19-2022, 06:22 PM   #7
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
I attended an Extremespeed event a few weeks ago. Their price point attracts a big crowd, but for some reason the one I attended wasn't so bad. Beginner group was a little crowded, but Intermediate and Advanced were pretty wide open with only a few instances of bunching up that was easily resolved with a hot pit. I'm willing to give them another go in the future... but only in intermediate run groups.

Appreciate 1
mzcp2657.00
      03-19-2022, 08:23 PM   #8
Pekingduck
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
I attended an Extremespeed event a few weeks ago. Their price point attracts a big crowd, but for some reason the one I attended wasn't so bad. Beginner group was a little crowded, but Intermediate and Advanced were pretty wide open with only a few instances of bunching up that was easily resolved with a hot pit. I'm willing to give them another go in the future... but only in intermediate run groups.

I actually went to there event about a month ago at Sow and due to speed ventures being full. I had similar issue but with intermediate being to crowed and people not allowing to pass or give appropriate point by and inform marshals but didn’t seem to care. I got my seat time though
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #9
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I actually went to there event about a month ago at Sow and due to speed ventures being full. I had similar issue but with intermediate being to crowed and people not allowing to pass or give appropriate point by and inform marshals but didn’t seem to care. I got my seat time though
That's unfortunate, and typical of what I normally hear about their events. The weekend I went was a two day, with CCW on Saturday and CW on Sunday so maybe that broke the crowd up a bit. We had an almost exclusively BMW intermediate run group that someone had arranged for where everyone knew each other so point-bys were given courteously. I happen to be included by accident.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 04:17 PM   #10
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

I usually run with Speed District. You're on the track once an hour and lowish car counts. Because the track days are a little more expensive, you tend to get some better hardware out there like Porsches, McLarens, BMWs, etc. Timing and pictures are also included with the admission.

Extreme Traffic has cheap track days because of the massive car count. You also get kids that can barely afford to maintain their cars so they dump oil on the track, lots of offs that lead to delays and sometimes fires. One time when I was running RTA during an Extreme Speed event, one guy in a G35 didn't know how he was going to get home because he didn't have enough money for gas.

On Grid is good too. If you're new to their events and try to sign up for Advanced, you'll need someone to refer you and back up your skills. Been to way too many events where people sign up for the fastest run group because they have a "fast" car and end up doing 50 through Riverside at Button Willow.

Anyway, hope to meet up with some of you guys at the track some day when my car comes in next month.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 04:45 PM   #11
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.83]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon H View Post

Extreme Traffic has cheap track days because of the massive car count. You also get kids that can barely afford to maintain their cars so they dump oil on the track, lots of offs that lead to delays and sometimes fires. One time when I was running RTA during an Extreme Speed event, one guy in a G35 didn't know how he was going to get home because he didn't have enough money for gas.
wtf how do you even consider this hobby if you are strapped for cash?

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 11:04 PM   #12
Jon H
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 911 GT3

Imagine how many corners were cut on maintenance and track worthiness.
Appreciate 0