09-28-2021, 04:39 AM   #89
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDRive

Quote:
Originally Posted by madone79 View Post
I'll add a part two to my delivery post.

On the drive to Tinthaus i could hear some rattling coming from the boot, initial though was that its probably the first aid kit thats come loose and that i should have checked the boot on delivery.

Anyway pull up and pop the boot to find it full of BMW M merchandise for my wife and I plus a food hamper and bottle of champagne!

Was such a nice touch from the dealer who we've been with for about twenty years.

@thedad i can relate, we've been working up to this car for years with our last car being a 440GC with M power and sound kit
That is so nice but I'm biased. I received a cap and a golf umbrella. Here's a pic of mine
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 06:51 AM   #90
madone79
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440 GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanibal74 View Post
That is so nice but I'm biased. I received a cap and a golf umbrella. Here's a pic of mine
Very nice and I like the wheels...the lightweights that is. Ive always ridden Zipp or Bontrager but Lightweights are something special
Appreciate 1
Hanibal74343.50
      09-30-2021, 06:14 PM   #91
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanibal74 View Post
Very nice and I like the wheels...the lightweights that is. Ive always ridden Zipp or Bontrager but Lightweights are something special
I thought you were a fellow rider with Madone79 as your name. Love Zipps and I've never ridden bontrager. But you are right there is something special about lightweights. I picked up my first pair off a guy who used them once for a triathlon. I ended up buying them off him for a quarter of the RRP.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:33 AM   #92
madone79
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 440 GC

Holy crap the bearing recall over on the main thread is a bit of a concern. Happy that my car was a June production, which i'm assuming most of us are.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 12:46 AM   #93
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Yep, mine finished 29 June. Hopefully everyone's cars are ok in our batch. I had the engine out of my old C63s to resolve some issues with the active engine mounts when the car was about 3 months old - to be honest I was never really happy with it after that. I can't imagine how people would feel with that much work to repair the bearing shells ....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 02:04 AM   #94
GregM4
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: VERDE ERMES G82 M4 Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04S View Post
Yep, mine finished 29 June. Hopefully everyone's cars are ok in our batch. I had the engine out of my old C63s to resolve some issues with the active engine mounts when the car was about 3 months old - to be honest I was never really happy with it after that. I can't imagine how people would feel with that much work to repair the bearing shells ....
Mine finished October 3rd. Looked the VIN up on the UK BMW site and no recall came up. Your one should be fine as well.
SOLD - E93 Burgundy
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 05:40 AM   #95
eclipsenf
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Mine finished late September, vin seems to be coming up as all clear on UK website. Straya
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 05:46 AM   #96
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsenf View Post
Mine finished late September, vin seems to be coming up as all clear on UK website. Straya
Had a look at mine as well. Only came up with an open technical enhancement on the vehicle code 0066530100. I don't think it has anything to do with this bearing issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2021, 06:02 AM   #97
RednekM2
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2CS, Yaris Rallye

Quote:
I’ll add a part two to my delivery post.

On the drive to Tinthaus i could hear some rattling coming from the boot, initial though was that its probably the first aid kit thats come loose and that i should have checked the boot on delivery.

Anyway pull up and pop the boot to find it full of BMW M merchandise for my wife and I plus a food hamper and bottle of champagne!

Was such a nice touch from the dealer who we've been with for about twenty years.

@thedad i can relate, we’ve been working up to this car for years with our last car being a 440GC with M power and sound kit
Congrats! Love the colour.

The M3s just looks so phat. Look at those arches!
Appreciate 0