home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southwest

08-29-2021, 03:48 PM   #1
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp

Roll Call for AZ

Post in this thread if you live anywhere in Arizona. I'm in Phoenix and would love to get together with some G8X's for a cruise or whatever!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2021, 11:11 PM   #2
Corms85
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Hey....I am located in Scottsdale. Currently drive a 2015 M4 however have my 2022 M3C in frozen white on order. Should be getting her in mid December.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113227.00
      08-31-2021, 11:40 AM   #3
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
Ahwatukee area here! Still waiting on my car to enter production though…hopefully I'll have it by November/December.

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 2
Tyga113227.00
Corms85284.50
      09-08-2021, 03:29 PM   #4
phxF80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp

North Scottsdale here. I still haven't been to any meets yet. I should be getting work done to my car next month. Once the weather gets cooler, I'll get my ass out of summer hibernation.

But a couple of you guys already know - BGM G80 comp.... loving it
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #5
Circa77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 6MT

I also reside in this sunny desert hellscape. In gilbert. Just picked mine up 2 weeks ago and am in love.

Appreciate 3
Tyga113227.00
chicagofan0018923.00
Corms85284.50
      09-12-2021, 10:30 AM   #6
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circa77 View Post
I also reside in this sunny desert hellscape. In gilbert. Just picked mine up 2 weeks ago and am in love.

Wow stunning! Is that a frozen white or just Alpine?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 04:12 PM   #7
Circa77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11
Nah just Alpine. Since this is AZ, if I really want that matte look I'll just not wash it for a couple of weeks and let the dust take hold.
Appreciate 3
      09-12-2021, 11:00 PM   #8
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11
Nah just Alpine. Since this is AZ, if I really want that matte look I'll just not wash it for a couple of weeks and let the dust take hold.
So true.

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 1
sJohnny264.00
      09-14-2021, 04:49 PM   #9
Nexus_One
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS

Just placed my order for my M3 Comp xDrive last weekend finally. Hoping to get it by March, but it has individual paint and most likely individual interior, so who knows how long it could take.
Appreciate 2
chicagofan0018923.00
Corms85284.50
      09-14-2021, 11:01 PM   #10
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus_One View Post
Just placed my order for my M3 Comp xDrive last weekend finally. Hoping to get it by March, but it has individual paint and most likely individual interior, so who knows how long it could take.
What colors are you going with?

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 11:56 AM   #11
Nexus_One
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Java Green exterior, and I'm hoping to get the stitching on the interior in the same color, and possibly the sides of the seats in Java as well, kind of like the new RS3. The steering wheel will have the M color stitching though.
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0018923.00
      09-15-2021, 10:17 PM   #12
Corms85
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Java Green exterior, and I'm hoping to get the stitching on the interior in the same color, and possibly the sides of the seats in Java as well, kind of like the new RS3. The steering wheel will have the M color stitching though.
Damn I want to see that when you get it.

Hoping mine stays on schedule to be built. I just stopped by my dealership today and everything currently still shows a production week of 10/3. Hoping to get the car by mid December......for now my F82 is keeping me occupied. Still deciding if I should sell it or keep it and just rock a 2015 M4 and 2022 M3C in my garage along with my eco friendly Tesla Model Y
Appreciate 1
Tyga113227.00
      09-15-2021, 10:24 PM   #13
Corms85
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Also if anyone knows of anyone looking for a 2022 M3 or M4 my CA has an allocation coming available next week. They only work with in state AZ buyers and it isn't a waitlist and is an actual allocation. So far he has been a no Bullsh*t sales person to work with and has shot strait with me from the start. It is with Arrowhead BMW in the West valley. I tried working with Chapman (they were horrible and were taking deposits to be #7 on a waitlist) and BMW North Scottsdale (easy to work with but had no allocation until November. I also tried a lot of dealerships in the SW and all either had no allocations or were asking for above MSRP.

I put my deposit down and had my production number the following morning. Let me know if you know anyone interested in an allocation at MSRP and is local.
Appreciate 2
Seandale520.00
NVFan12.00
      09-16-2021, 12:40 AM   #14
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
That would be an awesome build. Hope you can get it all approved!

Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 10:09 AM   #15
Nexus_One
Private
Rep

Quote:
That would be an awesome build. Hope you can get it all approved!
Thanks! Scottsdale BMW was supposed to get back to me yesterday about it but no word yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 10:58 AM   #16
Corms85
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! Scottsdale BMW was supposed to get back to me yesterday about it but no word yet.
Did BMW North Scottsdale have an allocation for you to put in this order? I was working with them mid-late August and they said they didn't have any coming available anytime soon and I respected that they wouldn't take a deposit for a future one. Maybe it's different for individual orders.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Tanzanite Blue M3 they had in route but when I saw the color in person on another customer order they had just received it didn't do it for me.

I really like the people at BMW NS though.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 05:27 PM   #17
Circa77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corms85 View Post
Also if anyone knows of anyone looking for a 2022 M3 or M4 my CA has an allocation coming available next week. They only work with in state AZ buyers and it isn't a waitlist and is an actual allocation. So far he has been a no Bullsh*t sales person to work with and has shot strait with me from the start. It is with Arrowhead BMW in the West valley. I tried working with Chapman (they were horrible and were taking deposits to be #7 on a waitlist) and BMW North Scottsdale (easy to work with but had no allocation until November. I also tried a lot of dealerships in the SW and all either had no allocations or were asking for above MSRP.

I put my deposit down and had my production number the following morning. Let me know if you know anyone interested in an allocation at MSRP and is local.
Maurice Bell at Arrowhead invited me to come test drive a black base M3 they had, since I wanted to get a feel for the manual gearbox. I called them pretty late on a Thursday, and told them I would be out the very next morning to test it out.

Note, I am in Gilbert, so it's alllll the way across town for me. I emailed him before I left Friday AM and he was still down with me coming out to check it out.

I get there, and the dude is like "oh no we took a deposit on it yesterday so it's sold". Which means I couldn't drive it. Which also means he knew this and didn't disclose it.

He figured I would just order one regardless since I made the trip I suppose? Then he went on to insult my current car (a Manual 2019 Grand Sport) as a way to endear himself to me I guess.

I know that every dealership has it's good and bad reps, but Maurice is a grade-a pompous piece of shit and I am sure to let everybody know this whenever arrowhead is mentioned.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 06:54 PM   #18
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Maurice Bell at Arrowhead invited me to come test drive a black base M3 they had, since I wanted to get a feel for the manual gearbox. I called them pretty late on a Thursday, and told them I would be out the very next morning to test it out.

Note, I am in Gilbert, so it's alllll the way across town for me. I emailed him before I left Friday AM and he was still down with me coming out to check it out.

I get there, and the dude is like "oh no we took a deposit on it yesterday so it's sold". Which means I couldn't drive it. Which also means he knew this and didn't disclose it.

He figured I would just order one regardless since I made the trip I suppose? Then he went on to insult my current car (a Manual 2019 Grand Sport) as a way to endear himself to me I guess.

I know that every dealership has it's good and bad reps, but Maurice is a grade-a pompous piece of shit and I am sure to let everybody know this whenever arrowhead is mentioned.
That's a very far drive...the fact that he didn't have the common courtesy to call you and tell you that speaks volumes.

Unfortunately all of the dealerships here in Phoenix are absolute trash and I would never work with any of them.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 07:25 PM   #19
Circa77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyga11 View Post
That's a very far drive...the fact that he didn't have the common courtesy to call you and tell you that speaks volumes.

Unfortunately all of the dealerships here in Phoenix are absolute trash and I would never work with any of them.
Yeah, car dealers in general are a sketchy breed.

I picked mine up from Chapman on camelback. Plenty of the guys there failed the vibe test too so don't take that as any kind of endorsement, but it just happens that the guy I got in touch with (Steve Murphy) was incredibly chill and seemed almost indifferent.

Rather than putting on this pumped up bro façade, he just went through the numbers, he brought up the literal list of their orders and showed me where I was going to slot in. Told me it could be a week or a month, made no solid commitments because he couldn't be absolutely sure since that was the peak of the global parts shortages.

This was on June 4th, 4 days later I got 112 status. He was shocked it was so soon, but obviously I was cool with it.
Appreciate 1
Tyga113227.00
      09-16-2021, 07:32 PM   #20
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I picked mine up from Chapman on camelback. Plenty of the guys there failed the vibe test too so don't take that as any kind of endorsement, but it just happens that the guy I got in touch with (Steve Murphy) was incredibly chill and seemed almost indifferent.

Rather than putting on this pumped up bro façade, he just went through the numbers, he brought up the literal list of their orders and showed me where I was going to slot in. Told me it could be a week or a month, made no solid commitments because he couldn't be absolutely sure since that was the peak of the global parts shortages.

This was on June 4th, 4 days later I got 112 status. He was shocked it was so soon, but obviously I was cool with it.
Small world! I worked with Steve Murphy also over at Camelback

You can read about my experience with him / Camelback here:

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1834840

He was chill but turned out to be a sleaze. Glad you have an allocation at least. If you have any issues you can e-mail the GM (I forget his name) and he's super responsive and will help you
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 09:47 PM   #21
Corms85
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

He was chill but turned out to be a sleaze. Glad you have an allocation at least. If you have any issues you can e-mail the GM (I forget his name) and he's super responsive and will help you
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I was not a fan of trying to work with Chapman. The fact that they are taking deposits for a waitlist and not actual allocations is wrong. My understanding is they aren't supposed to that. Through my interactions with them it sounded like they had allocations and when push came to shove and I was ready to commit and asked if I would get a product number and what the build week would be they immediately back tracked and covered their tracks saying "oh we don't have one yet and this is the list to get one but we expect to get one for you in 2-4 weeks" I asked how many people were on the "waitlist" and there was 6 or 7 ahead. Immediately walked away from that and glad this was all done over the phone.

I like the fact that arrowhead only works with local AZ buyers for the M3 and M4's. My CA has been great and a no BS guy so far which I have appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2021, 10:49 PM   #22
Circa77
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

You sure it was Murphy? Your post mentioned Steve Boyd.

But yeah they do NOT have their shit together when it comes to finance there. I had a payoff amount they were supposed to cut a check to my credit union for and I had to harass them for about 10 days before they finally sent one off.

OTOH when my car showed up about 1 on a saturday I was fine waiting to pick it up the next monday or tuesday (since they are closed sundays) and he got the car pushed through and ready for me in just a couple of hours.
Appreciate 0