G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums AUSTRALIA

07-09-2021, 07:11 PM   #1
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

While you are waiting and if you have a VIN

Since I now have a VIN with my car currently being built, I just updated my VIN as a new car on the "BMW Driver's Guide" app on my phone.
So at least I can read the users manual whilst I wait, not that most of us read manuals

Seems to confirm no wireless phone charging option on the car since there is no mention of this in the manual.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 12:17 AM   #2
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Comp xDRive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bris_m3 View Post
Since I now have a VIN with my car currently being built, I just updated my VIN as a new car on the "BMW Driver's Guide" app on my phone.
So at least I can read the users manual whilst I wait, not that most of us read manuals

Seems to confirm no wireless phone charging option on the car since there is no mention of this in the manual.
Thanks for the tip. I'm downloading the app now
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 05:14 AM   #3
yche
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw m4

Quote:

Good on you! My car has just been built, waiting to pick up the car in September. I am going to read the manual now.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 06:57 AM   #4
Mp63
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C63s

Do we have a tracker like the Americans do? Monitoring the building stages would be awesome
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 06:07 PM   #5
JustoM8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (Sold), G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mp63 View Post
Do we have a tracker like the Americans do? Monitoring the building stages would be awesome
Seems like a US thing only. Over here you are at the mercy of the dealer. I was able to track mine through the VIN on the shipping companies website. Docked in Brisbane early this morning.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 03:25 AM   #6
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep
Drives: M4 G82 Competition

Garage List
Just ask you dealer for an update. Should get a Order Status Code.
      07-14-2021, 05:05 AM   #7
Mp63
Enlisted Member
Rep

Oh Snap! Car has finished being built and on its way to being dispatched to go to the port. Should arrive in 6 weeks time!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:07 AM   #8
Mp63
Enlisted Member
Rep

Hope he's right
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 05:38 AM   #9
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hope he's right
:
      07-14-2021, 05:53 AM   #10
GJBFI
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 competition Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustoM8 View Post
Quote:
Seems like a US thing only. Over here you are at the mercy of the dealer. I was able to track mine through the VIN on the shipping companies website. Docked in Brisbane early this morning.
On which site?
Appreciate 1
The Dad87.50
      07-14-2021, 07:19 AM   #11
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep

Garage List
While you are waiting and if you have a VIN

Have to wait till it's onboard.. .. from what I have read, it takes a few days register.

Shipping companies

•Wallenius&Wilhelmsen (parent company for several ship lines listed below)
• EUKOR - a division of Wallenius Lines
• UECC - another division of Wallenius Lines
• A.P. Möller - yet another division and ship line owned or operated by Wallenius Lines
• Mark 1 Shipping - owned or operated by Wallenius Lines
• K-LINE (Usually BMW West Coast deliveries only, but sometimes ships to NY/NJ as NYK-Line) K-Line is not a W&W company
• ARC - Often operated by, or under the direction of Wallenius Lines
      07-14-2021, 05:08 PM   #12
JustoM8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 (Sold), G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJBFI View Post
On which site?
Mine came through Hoegh Autoliners. I put my VIN number in here: https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo and it showed up. It is also booked with Prixcar so you can track it there once it hits the dock and they pick it up.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 08:09 PM   #13
bris_m3
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Just been informed by my dealer that the car is built and waiting for shipping. He will contact me when he knows the ship name and then I can start the process of watching the ship slowly make its way to Brisbane.

I also discussed the lack or wireless charger/digital key with the build and if BMW have any plans for some form of retro fit. Unfortunately BMW dont since this is supposed to be a smallish period where cars are being built minus these components. The digital key doesn't bother me, but I would have liked a wireless charger pad for the phone, so will be scouring the internet for options.
Appreciate 1
Hanibal74343.50
      07-15-2021, 11:15 PM   #14
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Just been informed by my dealer that the car is built and waiting for shipping. He will contact me when he knows the ship name and then I can start the process of watching the ship slowly make its way to Brisbane.

I also discussed the lack or wireless charger/digital key with the build and if BMW have any plans for some form of retro fit. Unfortunately BMW dont since this is supposed to be a smallish period where cars are being built minus these components. The digital key doesn't bother me, but I would have liked a wireless charger pad for the phone, so will be scouring the internet for options.
I wonder how long it takes to get on a ship. I know the pandemic has added some time but. I hope it's not sitting on the dock for a month.

Also, I ordered the optional BMW dispaly key. I wonder whether this makes any difference in receiving the wireless charging bay as it is how the key is charged from my understanding
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #15
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanibal74 View Post
Quote:

I wonder how long it takes to get on a ship. I know the pandemic has added some time but. I hope it's not sitting on the dock for a month.

Also, I ordered the optional BMW dispaly key. I wonder whether this makes any difference in receiving the wireless charging bay as it is how the key is charged from my understanding
To give you a sense, mine was built on 1 July and it is getting on the ship in Antwerp on 20 July.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2021, 10:16 PM   #16
wooblewobble
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid

The factory wireless charger has been pretty useless in my experience, so don't feel too bad about missing out on it. Whatever aftermarket thing you find will be better.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 02:31 AM   #17
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04S View Post
Quote:
Quote:

To give you a sense, mine was built on 1 July and it is getting on the ship in Antwerp on 20 July.
Hey mate. Mine began on the 2nd July. Considering some of our vehicles are already waiting at the dock, I would think that they would all be on the same ship.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 03:20 AM   #18
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooblewobble View Post
The factory wireless charger has been pretty useless in my experience, so don't feel too bad about missing out on it. Whatever aftermarket thing you find will be better.
I was looking forward to not having any wires on the dash. Looks like I will still be using the Pitaki wireless charger.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 03:43 AM   #19
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hey mate. Mine began on the 2nd July. Considering some of our vehicles are already waiting at the dock, I would think that they would all be on the same ship.
Yep. Mine is getting on the Hoegh Trigger which arrives at Port Kembla on 3 September.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 04:17 AM   #20
Hanibal74
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yep. Mine is getting on the Hoegh Trigger which arrives at Port Kembla on 3 September.
Thanks for the info. I'm will be contacting my dealer to see if I'm on the same ship.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 07:54 AM   #21
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Mine is on the ship as well, leaving Antwerp on the 20 July & Arriving 30 August in Melbourne. Purchase mine through a Vic based dealership.
      07-18-2021, 07:57 AM   #22
The Dad
The Dad
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info. I'm will be contacting my dealer to see if I'm on the same ship.
Can check directly with the shipping company. Just follow the link and put your Vin number in the tracking number box.

https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo