BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

07-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #23
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdawg7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan4evr View Post
Mine just got to the port in Cali yesterday. Called the Genius line and was told that a stop sale was placed on the car and it will be at the dealership by this Saturday, which I find it hard to believe. (My car sat at the port in Germany for a month prior to being sent over.
It appears that our cars reached the port and have the same issue. Mine is currently expected to be delivered to the dealership on the 10th but they say the recall might be fixed by the time it delivers. Has your SA said anything regarding it?
I'll be back from a short vacay tomorrow and plan to go to the dealership and talk to them. I just got off the phone with Genius and got the same exact timeline as you. Mine got to the port on the 6th and a "work order" was submitted on the 8th to take care of the audio module (she called it RAM). I will not take their word seriously about the 10th at all. I'm preparing for a multiple week wait. In all honesty, I'm not gonna go crazy over it since I have no control. Also, I've noticed the more I submerge myself with anticipation and think about it too much, the more the excitement wears off, so I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens. Atleast we have our car ordered and it exists. There are so many people still waiting for the allocation.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2021, 02:27 PM   #24
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3CX

Garage List
Quote:
I'll be back from a short vacay tomorrow and plan to go to the dealership and talk to them. I just got off the phone with Genius and got the same exact timeline as you. Mine got to the port on the 6th and a "work order" was submitted on the 8th to take care of the audio module (she called it RAM). I will not take their word seriously about the 10th at all. I'm preparing for a multiple week wait. In all honesty, I'm not gonna go crazy over it since I have no control. Also, I've noticed the more I submerge myself with anticipation and think about it too much, the more the excitement wears off, so I'm just gonna sit back and see what happens. Atleast we have our car ordered and it exists. There are so many people still waiting for the allocation.
I am just going to be pissed because there are going to be a bunch of MY22 cars getting delivered before my 21 does. There goes $5K in depreciation on day 1.

Current: 2022 M3 CompX, 2024 M2 6-Spd
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #25
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKParris View Post
Quote:
I am just going to be pissed because there are going to be a bunch of MY22 cars getting delivered before my 21 does. There goes $5K in depreciation on day 1.
I totally agree. I have even thought about switching to M5 comp at some point, however, I'm willing to wait on the M3. This is the very first time I have ordered a car to my exact standards and have spec'ed it as puristic (not sure this is even a word) as possible. This car has got a sentimental value for me at this point.

Story time; my uncle who I was very close to was in his final days (a very aggressive case of multiple myeloma) when I decided to get the new M3. Three days after he passed away (I stayed with him till he took his last breaths, which changes your view about life and is very humbling) I went in and ordered the car, which took a lot of negotiating, and got the build number that same day.

I apologize for the long response.
Appreciate 5
      07-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #26
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I totally agree. I have even thought about switching to M5 comp at some point, however, I'm willing to wait on the M3. This is the very first time I have ordered a car to my exact standards and have spec'ed it as puristic (not sure this is even a word) as possible. This car has got a sentimental value for me at this point.

Story time; my uncle who I was very close to was in his final days (a very aggressive case of multiple myeloma) when I decided to get the new M3. Three days after he passed away (I stayed with him till he took his last breaths, which changes your view about life and is very humbling) I went in and ordered the car, which took a lot of negotiating, and got the build number that same day.

I agree with your perspective. Mine was a dealer ordered car that is not exactly what I want, but I got a deal on it. But if I am going to have to wait til August or Sept for a car that I was not really in love with I might just do something else.

(I really wanted a BG M3 Comp with black leather)

Appreciate 1
      07-10-2021, 07:11 AM   #27
f1fan107
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Manual

Quote:

That's a great story. Thank you for sharing it. "Life is short. Buy the tickets." In other words, I think finding happiness is the point to life. Sorry to be existential, but that's the same reason I'm getting this car.
Appreciate 3
      07-10-2021, 08:22 AM   #28
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan107 View Post
Quote:

That's a great story. Thank you for sharing it. "Life is short. Buy the tickets." In other words, I think finding happiness is the point to life. Sorry to be existential, but that's the same reason I'm getting this car.
Exactly!! Thank you for reading my long winded response but you're spot on. My reasoning is exactly the same as yours.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2021, 06:04 PM   #29
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
There certainly is ASD though. Are you saying there isn't, or just that it isn't a separate module?
No separate ASD module in the G-chassis. The ASD sound comes from the RAM module - the RAM module that is missing from the Stop-Sale builds.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2021, 06:09 PM   #30
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quick update - apparently the parts have arrived, because my car had its stop sale status lifted recently according to my dealer. Apparently it should be on a truck out to the dealer soon.

Hopefully this means the issue resolved quickly for you all as well.

EDIT: My car was at the port in NJ for the past month with the issue. Also, it's an M3.
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #31
aford
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Quick update - apparently the parts have arrived, because my car had its stop sale status lifted recently according to my dealer. Apparently it should be on a truck out to the dealer soon.

Great indicator. Thanks for the update.

Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Executive Committee Member for Light The Night. You can help. Donate here.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 06:18 PM   #32
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aford View Post
Great indicator. Thanks for the update.
This is why a bunch of cars were recently held and released from the German port. From what I was told they were fixed before leaving.

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 08:25 PM   #33
f1fan107
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Manual

Quote:

EDIT: My car was at the port in NJ for the past month with the issue. Also, it's an M3.
Thank you for the update. I really hope it proves to be true for all of us who are affected. I say "hope" because after all we've been through, I'm employing a "show me the money" mentality.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 08:29 PM   #34
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan107 View Post
Quote:

Thank you for the update. I really hope it proves to be true for all of us who are affected. I say "hope" because after all we've been through, I'm employing a "show me the money" mentality.
Exactly. While this is good news, and I'm optimistic, I'm only truly getting excited once I see the car at the dealership.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2021, 10:09 PM   #35
Mdawg7
Rep
Drives: 540i

Quote:

That’s awesome news for you! Hoping I found out the same this Monday! I looked into getting another vehicle if this delayed it for another 2 weeks
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 05:12 PM   #36
Bimmer888
Rep
Drives: 996 Turbo

Quote:

My car has been in the same situation for the past month in NJ…… fingers crossed
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2021, 07:48 PM   #37
Medal
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3C

Garage List
For what it's worth, I'm build week 26. My M3C got off the boat at the NY/NJ port (Bayonne, I think?) on last Friday the 9th. I called Genius when I noticed on my garage, the status went backwards to "at port" from "in transit." The guy told me that my car needed a module, but it shouldn't affect my delivery to dealer date, which he said is this coming Thursday the 15. I live in and my dealer is in NH…not sure if I have this same module issue you all have or not, just sharing what I was told. Fingers crossed for all of us; I'd love to take delivery this coming Friday/Saturday.
      07-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #38
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Update

So I got a call from my SA. He said the car should be done with the recall and at the dealership in the range of 7/14-7/18. So the 7/15 date that some people are saying makes sense.

For what it's worth, I ordered the car on 4/16(got the build number and VIN the same day), car got into production two weeks after, stayed at the port for a month (Bremen). Got shipped on 6/19 I think? (not sure) and arrived at the port and the processing center in California on 7/6.
Appreciate 1
Medal469.50
      07-12-2021, 07:25 AM   #39
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

That's good news. Mine arrived to the port on the 6th. I ordered the car in march. If I didn't get a deal I woulda canceled and took a car off the lot. Its a lease but if i love the car I might buy it out. So i wanted to have the spec I wanted. Well minus the Fiona red carbon buckets they would not let me have lol.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2021, 07:42 AM   #40
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medal View Post
For what it's worth, I'm build week 26. My M3C got off the boat at the NY/NJ port (Bayonne, I think?) on last Friday the 9th. I called Genius when I noticed on my garage, the status went backwards to "at port" from "in transit." The guy told me that my car needed a module, but it shouldn't affect my delivery to dealer date, which he said is this coming Thursday the 15. I live in and my dealer is in NH…not sure if I have this same module issue you all have or not, just sharing what I was told. Fingers crossed for all of us; I'd love to take delivery this coming Friday/Saturday.
Not to bring you down but today marks one month since my SA told me the wait would only be a day or two. Thankfully my car is now fixed, but be prepared for a much longer wait.
Appreciate 2
Medal469.50
      07-12-2021, 08:11 AM   #41
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Not to bring you down but today marks one month since my SA told me the wait would only be a day or two. Thankfully my car is now fixed, but be prepared for a much longer wait.
I would suppose that was because they didnt have a fix in early June.

Appreciate 1
Medal469.50
      07-12-2021, 08:15 AM   #42
dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I would suppose that was because they didnt have a fix in early June.
Hopefully! Apparently the major delay was getting the parts, and I have no idea how many they actually had.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2021, 08:35 AM   #43
MKParris
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hopefully! Apparently the major delay was getting the parts, and I have no idea how many they actually had.
We will see shortly for the guys who are on the Niagara Highway with me. The ship will reach the port of Baltimore tomorrow.

Appreciate 1
      07-12-2021, 09:10 AM   #44
casaba
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp (on order)

Quote:
We will see shortly for the guys who are on the Niagara Highway with me. The ship will reach the port of Baltimore tomorrow.

Anyone have updated info on this? Marine Traffic free service still shows it out of range. If it's still off the coast and has to go up the Chesapeake Bay to Baltimore it might not make it by tomorrow. I'd sign up for the satellite tracking but it's not worth it at this point. Fun to track the ships though.
Appreciate 0