BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

06-29-2021, 12:24 AM   #67
Vanc2408
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 - MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNIGUY16 View Post
Just got mine finally, says production week scheduled for week 35. Currently has a black interior vs the fiona, bi-color wheels instead of black, no lazer headlights, and they currently cant add the front splitter.

BMW M3 Competition AWD Sedan
Start
Finish
ORDER RECEIVED
Your order has been received, and we're making space in the production schedule.
YOUR SELECTED OPTIONS
Production #
Items may be duplicated to show additional package content.
COLORS
EXECUTIVE PACKAGE
DRIVERS ASSISTANCE PRO PKG
PARKING ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
ADDED OPTIONS
CF Side Skirt Winglets
Carbon Fiber trim
Lower blades M rckr panel blk
M Carbon Ceramic Brakes
M Carbon Exterior Package
M Drive Professional
M Driver's Package
M Shadowline Lights
M carbon bucket seats
STANDARD FEATURES

were you able to get fiona red bucket seats? I tried with my SA and the screen wouldn't less us select that option.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 12:54 AM   #68
KiloCo
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota// 22 G82 M4 Comp

fniguy16, how many months have you been waiting?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2021, 10:54 PM   #69
babyghost
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nws-511 View Post
Expected delivery date if mid-July
Hi there, do you have to wait on the Carbon brakes? My SA told me I have to wait for carbon brakes and forzen paint, and he can't change any existing orders.
Appreciate 1
nws-51124.00
      06-30-2021, 10:02 AM   #70
FNIGUY16
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Raptor 2022 M3X COMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanc2408 View Post
were you able to get fiona red bucket seats? I tried with my SA and the screen wouldn't less us select that option.
The dealer says it was accepted, but in mybmw it is still showing black. It also isn't showing the headlights, front lip, and one of the other carbon exterior pieces.
Appreciate 1
Vanc2408117.00
      06-30-2021, 10:05 AM   #71
FNIGUY16
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloCo View Post
fniguy16, how many months have you been waiting?
2 months, just got order accepted status this week
      06-30-2021, 12:15 PM   #72
Vanc2408
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F82 - MW/SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNIGUY16 View Post
The dealer says it was accepted, but in mybmw it is still showing black. It also isn't showing the headlights, front lip, and one of the other carbon exterior pieces.
I was able to find a dealer who was able to spec it out right with Dravit Grey and Fiona carbon buckets. Got a production number and everything looks right on mybmw. Make sure they didn't screw it up!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 03:45 PM   #73
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nws-511 View Post
Expected delivery date if mid-July
Just got the following emailed to me from MY SA. This is applicable to any 2022 (new MY) M3/M4. its a long way off so I'm not worried but wanted to make you all aware.
============

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for XXXXXXXXXXXX. Unfortunately, this vehicle, production number XXXXXX, is a new model year vehicle and we cannot provide a delivery date at this time. Every year EPA and CARB Certifications, which are issued by the government, must be obtained for every new model year vehicle and BMW NA must receive those certifications before a vehicle can be delivered to a customer. An Engineering Data hold as well as a Release hold will be placed on this vehicle once it reaches production status 155 (see example shown below). Neither of these holds will be removed until BMW NA receives the necessary certifications from the appropriate government agencies.

We have also recently seen extended delays in shipment for vehicles that are shipping from Europe and before we can provide a tentative delivery date for Mr.XXXXXXXXXXXX we must wait for the vehicle to be assigned an ETA for arrival to the U.S. port and for both the Engineering Data and the Release holds to be removed. If the Engineering Data and Release holds have not been removed by the time the vehicle arrives at the U.S. port it will remain at the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) / Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) until the certifications have been received and both holds have been removed. This vehicle cannot be shipped to your BMW Retail Center or to the BMW Performance Center until both holds have been removed.

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 1
nws-51124.00
      06-30-2021, 03:50 PM   #74
FNIGUY16
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanc2408 View Post
I was able to find a dealer who was able to spec it out right with Dravit Grey and Fiona carbon buckets. Got a production number and everything looks right on mybmw. Make sure they didn't screw it up!
I have been harassing the sales manager every other day lol. My build week is currently slated for week 35.
      06-30-2021, 09:53 PM   #75
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geektechlive View Post
Just got the following emailed to me from MY SA. This is applicable to any 2022 (new MY) M3/M4. its a long way off so I'm not worried but wanted to make you all aware.
============

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for XXXXXXXXXXXX. Unfortunately, this vehicle, production number XXXXXX, is a new model year vehicle and we cannot provide a delivery date at this time. Every year EPA and CARB Certifications, which are issued by the government, must be obtained for every new model year vehicle and BMW NA must receive those certifications before a vehicle can be delivered to a customer. An Engineering Data hold as well as a Release hold will be placed on this vehicle once it reaches production status 155 (see example shown below). Neither of these holds will be removed until BMW NA receives the necessary certifications from the appropriate government agencies.

We have also recently seen extended delays in shipment for vehicles that are shipping from Europe and before we can provide a tentative delivery date for Mr.XXXXXXXXXXXX we must wait for the vehicle to be assigned an ETA for arrival to the U.S. port and for both the Engineering Data and the Release holds to be removed. If the Engineering Data and Release holds have not been removed by the time the vehicle arrives at the U.S. port it will remain at the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) / Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) until the certifications have been received and both holds have been removed. This vehicle cannot be shipped to your BMW Retail Center or to the BMW Performance Center until both holds have been removed.
They can't give a PCD date until the car is at least to the US port. Too many variables before that point, and even still some at that point. I think my car sat at the US port for 1-2 weeks
Appreciate 1
      07-01-2021, 02:08 PM   #76
Barathon
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

MY:2022
Type : M3C AWD
Individual color: San Marino Blue
Interior color: Fjord Blue Full Merino
Wheels: 826M Bi-Color
Photo of my car: waiting for allocation.
Appreciate 3
      07-01-2021, 02:13 PM   #77
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barathon View Post
MY:2022
Interior color: Kyalami Orange (full leather) (might swap to Fjord Blue)
Photo of my car: waiting for allocation.
you have been counted. 1st post updated

--
Owner of a 2022 M3 Competition AWD in Individual Voodoo Blue and Fiona Red leather
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:30 PM   #78
Federmeister
Sales member @ RK-Tunes
Rep
Drives: 991.1 Turbo S

MY:2021
Type: M3 6MT
Individual color: Grey Black
Interior: Fiona red extended leather
Wheels: Bi-color 826M
Pictures of my car: It's in transit! should be delivered in a few weeks time.
Appreciate 4
ando2000.50
JDougM3177.00
FNIGUY16129.50
      07-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #79
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Was just wondering about this and thought I would ask.
Is there any way for us to find out how unique our cars are? I'm thinking of people who state their car is 1 of X in the USA. That number seems to be relevant and interesting to know.

It would be cool to know that. Would Bmw Genius have that information?

Also, adding "Grey Black" to the list. Never heard of that one before. Very cool.

--
Appreciate 2
evilalien450.50
FNIGUY16129.50
      07-03-2021, 02:58 AM   #80
Federmeister
Sales member @ RK-Tunes
Rep
Drives: 991.1 Turbo S

Quote:
Was just wondering about this and thought I would ask.
Is there any way for us to find out how unique our cars are? I'm thinking of people who state their car is 1 of X in the USA. That number seems to be relevant and interesting to know.

It would be cool to know that. Would Bmw Genius have that information?

Also, adding "Grey Black" to the list. Never heard of that one before. Very cool.
not sure about now, but production data for individual F80's is available on how much of each color was made. My guess would be that it's too early to collect that data accurately for G80's as there are new allocations every month. Worth a call to genius though. And grey black is a porsche color! launch color for 997.2 gt3 iirc
Appreciate 2
      07-03-2021, 06:21 PM   #81
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Not sure if you guys are having the same issue as me but my individual order online states "order received" and the last time I talked to genius they stated I was going to start building in week 27.
I was in status 112 then got my individual order approved and I saw my VIR with the blocked color and (s) next to the order number.
I saw it moved to 102 status. But that was three or four weeks ago.

Shouldn't it have moved to another status by now or is this normal with individual colors ?
This is my first time doing individual and i don't know what actual week I should be planned for or if I'm in some kind of waiting room because there is something missing from my paperwork for the special order.

--
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 04:31 PM   #82
calbears
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 CS,2017 F87 LBB M2

Garage List
2011 M3  [10.00]
2017 M2  [10.00]
2018 M3 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Not sure if you guys are having the same issue as me but my individual order online states "order received" and the last time I talked to genius they stated I was going to start building in week 27.
I was in status 112 then got my individual order approved and I saw my VIR with the blocked color and (s) next to the order number.

Shouldn't it have moved to another status by now or is this normal with individual colors ?
This is my first time doing individual and i don't know what actual week I should be planned for or if I'm in some kind of waiting room because there is something missing from my paperwork for the special order.
This is normal with individual orders. They do the orders in batches and yours is now in special order received status with no scheduled production week.
Past: E90 328i, F10 535i, F80 M3 (murdered)
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 04:48 PM   #83
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbears View Post
Quote:

This is normal with individual orders. They do the orders in batches and yours is now in special order received status with no scheduled production week.
I'm curious what build week they were planning on putting me into. Im okay with whatever batch I am in. I'm not in any rush. I just like knowing and the lack of any info other than "soon" makes me nervous. Lol.

--
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2021, 05:30 PM   #84
hockeygoalie35
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Comp XDrive

Quote:
I'm curious what build week they were planning on putting me into. Im okay with whatever batch I am in. I'm not in any rush. I just like knowing and the lack of any info other than "soon" makes me nervous. Lol.
You’re probably in the same batch as us, slated for production start this upcoming week. Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #85
nws-511
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snareman View Post
Can't wait to see some pics of that as it's a variation of mine that I considered. I debated long and hard between the wheels and think I would likely have been happy with either in the end. Looking forward to seeing the 826's on it with the voodoo
I will of course post pictures for all to review and appreciate.
      07-04-2021, 05:41 PM   #86
nws-511
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (G82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyghost View Post
Hi there, do you have to wait on the Carbon brakes? My SA told me I have to wait for carbon brakes and forzen paint, and he can't change any existing orders.
I have read some articles which the carbon brakes are more difficult to manufacture. Whether they delay the delivery of the vehicle I can't tell you. It may very well be the combination of the special color of Voodoo Blue (P7L) and the carbon brakes may have delayed by several weeks. Just know that I placed my order on 18Dec20. I suspect that I'll take delivery by mid-July. Approximately 7 months to take delivery of this special M4 Competition Coupe.
      07-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #87
inmidoutsole
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M3c / Z4 M40i / EQS 580

Interior color: Fiona Red (full leather)
Photo of my car: hasn't been produced yet 😀
Appreciate 3
      07-09-2021, 03:49 PM   #88
Geektechlive
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmidoutsole View Post
Interior color: Fiona Red (full leather)
Photo of my car: hasn't been produced yet 😀
Added to list count.

--
Appreciate 1