Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
H town

I'm moving out to Houston here shortly and wanted to see how many of you are out there? I assume the crowd is much better than where I'm currently at. Any recommended dealers for service? I'll be up in The Woodlands area.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      06-19-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
Der_Wolf
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 G82 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
I'm moving out to Houston here shortly and wanted to see how many of you are out there? I assume the crowd is much better than where I'm currently at. Any recommended dealers for service? I'll be up in The Woodlands area.
You can find most of us on Grindr

///M
Appreciate 6
F80SRT695.50
G80BSM282.50
jwt2440180.00
      06-19-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Wolf View Post
Quote:
You can find most of us on Grindr
I appreciate the humor
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

Great city--slightly warmer than Hell in the summer. Lived there for a couple of years back around 2000. My neighbor was a part owner of Porsche of North Houston. Back then, they were associated with BMW of North Houston. Don't know about now, but both good dealerships 20 years ago. They have a ton of cars in stock today, so worth checking out.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #5
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vetteflier View Post
Great city--slightly warmer than Hell in the summer. Lived there for a couple of years back around 2000. My neighbor was a part owner of Porsche of North Houston. Back then, they were associated with BMW of North Houston. Don't know about now, but both good dealerships 20 years ago. They have a ton of cars in stock today, so worth checking out.
I live in Midland now and it's 108° outside so Houston doesn't get that hot despite the humidity. I'm sure the car crowd is better there than where I'm at now. I'll have my G80 in about 1.5 months so I'm excited to be somewhere new with the M3 away from the shitty roads and rocks we have here.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 11:53 AM   #6
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep

Houston is a great car town. Especially for Corvettes, as Hennessey is there between it and Austin. Not sure about BMW clubs/events, but sure they will have them. Good BMW dealer--as well as Porsche, as I think I mentioned. Midland heat vs Houston humidity... So, good luck!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 06:27 PM   #7
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Houston is a great car town. Especially for Corvettes, as Hennessey is there between it and Austin. Not sure about BMW clubs/events, but sure they will have them. Good BMW dealer--as well as Porsche, as I think I mentioned. Midland heat vs Houston humidity... So, good luck!
I'm in the process of moving currently, selling my old house.I got an apartment here for now because it's a seller's market so a contingency buying is a no go

soon enough get settled in and start heading out to events. any recommended dealers?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 12:35 AM   #8
Ghozthunter
Eleet Tech
United_States
Rep
Drives: a bimmer

The Woodlands isn't so bad. Please be mindful of the crazy drivers in Houston. Also, yellow lights on a left turn do not exist in Houston, 3 seconds on red light still mean green around here.
Service roads/frontage roads are called feeders here.
People absolutely do not know how to turn on medians so please have patience lol
Be prepared to add "yall" to your vocab.
Bug spray is absolutely essential to have.
Texans have very big egos when it comes to Texas and Texas teams lol
It's hot and humid, again it's hot and humid.
So yeah, Welcome to Texas, am sure there is more to add to the list but that should get you by lol
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 03:50 PM   #9
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghozthunter View Post
The Woodlands isn't so bad. Please be mindful of the crazy drivers in Houston. Also, yellow lights on a left turn do not exist in Houston, 3 seconds on red light still mean green around here.
People absolutely do not know how to turn on medians so please have patience lol
So yeah, Welcome to Texas, am sure there is more to add to the list but that should get you by lol
Can you recommend a Dealer there for Android? 20 years ago, BMW of North Houston had a good shop. Maybe still? I know there is another in the Woodlands.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2021, 04:53 PM   #10
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghozthunter View Post
Can you recommend a Dealer there for Android? 20 years ago, BMW of North Houston had a good shop. Maybe still? I know there is another in the Woodlands.
I'll have to stop by and see how they are. once I test the waters there it'll determine if I want to let them service my car
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2021, 10:14 PM   #11
gee.eighty
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp (On Order)

We just moved to Sugar Land from San Francisco. We've been working directly with Momentum BMW, but haven't gotten any service with them yet. So far my experience has been good.
Appreciate 1
      07-20-2021, 11:10 PM   #12
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TILL3K5 View Post
We just moved to Sugar Land from San Francisco. We've been working directly with Momentum BMW, but haven't gotten any service with them yet. So far my experience has been good.
I tried BMW of The Woodlands but they were kind of assholes for lack of better words. BMW of Houston North was much better. The staff there seek great so far and that's where I'll be taking my car most likely. They're also doing a courtesy delivery for my M3
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2021, 12:11 AM   #13
Tdubb88
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TILL3K5 View Post
My limited experience with the Houston dealerships:

I've been working with Advantage in Midtown for my order (haven't taken delivery yet). My experience has been hit or miss (really liked some of the people and not so fond of others that I've talked to) but can't say I've been "wowed" thus far by my experience.

Not sure I'm a great reference though since I haven't owned a BMW previously or ever had any service done at this location or any others for comparison. I only went with them for the order because they got me an allocation before any of the other dealerships in town. I talked with SAs all over the region, and after talking with a SA named TJ at BMW North Houston, they would have been my preferred dealership. I will likely use them for future service. They seemed to be the most honest of the bunch, but like I said, I have limited experience with any of them.

This probably wasn't too helpful but figured I'd share my experience nonetheless.
Appreciate 1
      08-10-2021, 05:37 PM   #14
dshovel
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 G80 6MT Santorini Blue

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
I've been happy with the service at BMW Houston North so far. I didn't buy my wife's X5 from them but take it there for service.

I currently have my Santorini Blue G80 6MT on order through them.

I did shop around to all the other local dealers when searching for allocations. My SA at BMW Houston North said he could get me an allocation for a manual by trading with other dealers and he came through for me. Other dealers just told me to get in line and wait.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2021, 09:12 PM   #15
M0J0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: XM3C '22 JKUR '13

I am moving back to Houston from Breckenridge. I am sure everyone thinks I am crazy to do so. Living in a ski resort is overrated. Selling my Q7 and getting in a M3 again.
Appreciate 3
mattburks750.50
M4Tejas728.00
      09-05-2021, 06:52 AM   #16
mattburks
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0J0 View Post
I am moving back to Houston from Breckenridge. I am sure everyone thinks I am crazy to do so. Living in a ski resort is overrated. Selling my Q7 and getting in a M3 again.
Wife and I lived in Breck for a couple years back in 2016-18. Saw some of the best snow and worst those seasons.

I was the sales Mgr for Breck iron works. Spent a lot of time at Broken compass, wonder if our paths crossed? Enjoyed every minute of it- but we also decided to make the transition back- even our paradise can be taken for granted when it’s in your backyard… Some day maybe again… but this time with more money and sense. Sure is hard to make it work long term as a young adult if you’re looking to do more than lift-y and bartend.

Welcome back from DFW
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 07:44 PM   #17
M0J0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattburks View Post
Wife and I lived in Breck for a couple years back in 2016-18. Saw some of the best snow and worst those seasons.

I was the sales Mgr for Breck iron works. Spent a lot of time at Broken compass, wonder if our paths crossed? Enjoyed every minute of it- but we also decided to make the transition back- even our paradise can be taken for granted when it’s in your backyard… Some day maybe again… but this time with more money and sense. Sure is hard to make it work long term as a young adult if you’re looking to do more than lift-y and bartend.

Welcome back from DFW
The money is not a problem for me. I own my house. I actually am making a killing on it. It is the people. This is the most unfriendly place on earth. I put my house on the market next week and I can't wait to leave.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 02:13 PM   #18
M0J0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in the process of moving currently, selling my old house.I got an apartment here for now because it's a seller's market so a contingency buying is a no go

soon enough get settled in and start heading out to events. any recommended dealers?
I am moving back to Houston soon. My house is currently on the market. I was going to buy a house in the Heights, but I decided to lease a high-rise condo downtown for now. Maybe next year I will build a house. Expect the market to soften in the next few months. I bought my car through Advantage downtown and I have used them in the past with my E92. They always did great work in an easy to get to location. Welcome to Houston.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2021, 03:43 PM   #19
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

I am moving back to Houston soon. My house is currently on the market. I was going to buy a house in the Heights, but I decided to lease a high-rise condo downtown for now. Maybe next year I will build a house. Expect the market to soften in the next few months. I bought my car through Advantage downtown and I have used them in the past with my E92. They always did great work in an easy to get to location. Welcome to Houston.
thank you, I live up in The Woodlands area, close on my house next week! I went through BMW of Houston North. The Heights is nice but I prefer quiet hence where I live. It's on a golf course up here and not next to any crazy busy roads.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 04:05 PM   #20
M0J0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thank you, I live up in The Woodlands area, close on my house next week! I went through BMW of Houston North. The Heights is nice but I prefer quiet hence where I live. It's on a golf course up here and not next to any crazy busy roads.
Bridge and tunnel! You could not pay me to live outside of the loop. Though, the housing is sooo much cheaper there.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2021, 05:36 PM   #21
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Bridge and tunnel! You could not pay me to live outside of the loop. Though, the housing is sooo much cheaper there.
For me it's about the quiet and enjoying things. This is the 7th state I've lived in and 3rd city I suppose here. I am done moving around and just want to enjoy where I'm living if that makes sense. My wife and I didn't expect to end up here, however, we are more than happy with this place. I work in Spring so not very far away, commute is maybe 6 miles? I don't really go into the Heights area or south of there unelss I'm meeting up with some friends that live there.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 07:10 PM   #22
M0J0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
For me it's about the quiet and enjoying things. This is the 7th state I've lived in and 3rd city I suppose here. I am done moving around and just want to enjoy where I'm living if that makes sense. My wife and I didn't expect to end up here, however, we are more than happy with this place. I work in Spring so not very far away, commute is maybe 6 miles? I don't really go into the Heights area or south of there unelss I'm meeting up with some friends that live there.
I get it. I have lived in Breck for three years. I also have a condo here. Just selling my house and will split time.
Appreciate 1