home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Regional Forums USA - Southwest

12-01-2021, 06:34 PM   #1
DesertRJ
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type

New Mexico M3 Check In

Hi All,

Anyone else here in New Mexico purchasing a G80/82 M3/M4? What dealership did you use and how was the experience? I've been working with Sandia BMW for four months and have gotten the cold shoulder about purchasing/ordering.

There's a wait list but they can't tell me about it...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 07:11 AM   #2
ABQ_M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M3 Competition

Hello,

I have an order for a G80 M3 with Sandia BMW. They have been good to work with so far. They said they expect the car to arrive around February.

Jon
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 02:57 AM   #3
Keishune
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 XDrive

Hello, DesertRJ. I'll add my experiences here: I just took delivery of my 2022 M4 Comp XDrive this past Friday from Sandia BMW.

I've lusted after the M3/4 ever since the E92 M3 when I was finishing college, though it took a good 12 years before I could finally afford one (between then and now was a base model Ford Focus, a 2008 135i that leaked oil but lasted nearly a decade, a 2018 M2 that's been great to me and is still in my garage, and the new M4 that's a garage queen until I get it PPF'd over the next week).

While I permanently moved to ABQ only recently, my family and I have a history of taking our cars to Sandia BMW for service, and I think Joseph up there is one of the best service advisors I've ever had the pleasure of working with. This, however, was my first experience purchasing a car from them.

I approached them to inquire about an M4 allocation in early July, and I was introduced to Kurt Johnson. I found Kurt to be wonderful to work with, and he absolutely kept his word about securing an allocation and agreeing to a deal with MSRP. I will say that I did have to call several times from early to mid July before we were able to finally sit down and spec out the order. He was upfront in letting me know that they didn't have any allocations at the time, but he was confident he could find one within a month. We agreed on the spec, price, and I told them I'd be willing to put a deposit down if he could put in the order. Two weeks later, he called to let me know he had an allocation!

During the (long) waiting process, I would usually be the one to reach out for status updates as we could easily go for over a month without touching base, but this wasn't a big deal since the allocation was secured and we were both at the mercy of BMW's official tracker. Still, I can imagine it being much more anxious if you're still trying to order or awaiting an allocation.

With all that being said, I feel very fortunate that they were able to secure the allocation with precisely the spec I wanted, at MSRP (at a time when many dealerships were added thousands of dollars of markup), and I do plan to continue business with them in the future. Could you find a better deal if you casted a wide net? Probably, but between my positive experience here and the huge trust I put into Joseph as a service advisor, I do currently recommend folks to work with Sandia BMW.

I will add this word of caution: when I spoke to Kurt during delivery, he told me that he was seeing a ~6 month wait for new allocations, so I would try to confirm that with whoever your client advisor is when you next chat with them. The buzz I've heard on these forums is that it isn't much better elsewhere, but some folks have had success going through various brokers, etc. (of course some others have been burned - seems high risk to me).

Hope this helps, and good luck with the order!

Last edited by Keishune; 12-06-2021 at 03:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 02:58 AM   #4
Keishune
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 G82 XDrive

Also, sticky on order tracking if you haven't already seen it: https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1811516
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2021, 03:03 PM   #5
DesertRJ
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type

That does in fact help. I've been on Sandia's "waitlist" for a good number of months and guess I have to drop my current person and go to the managers.

Appreciate the feedback that Sandia BMW has some good folks there. I may end up driving over once I confirm there's actually someone to talk to. Seems most of the sales people can't do anything for an M car. I'm fine waiting but a bit of feedback goes a long way.

Last tried them around ten years ago and were given such a run around I went a few doors down and bought a Porsche. Management team was great after the fact and very apologetic. Crazy salesman they let go insisted cars were the price he said (asking 4k more than was in the window of a 135i).

Offered to go below window but by that point paperwork was already under way for a Boxster with a fairly significant chunk off msrp haha!
Appreciate 0