Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 07:01 AM   #2
Sbm007
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX (Oxide Grey)

Garage List
I know snarkeygolbin has bought one and took delivery, he's loving it last I heard from him! Maybe he can give an update

I have one on order, hopefully will be arriving late August/early September
2022 G80 M3 Competition M xDrive (Oxide Grey)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #3
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

There is another well known UK-centric forum has a list which is a much busier place than this section ATM.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 03:42 PM   #4
ipuk
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveChester View Post
Hi has anyone bought one yet?

Thoughts?
Mine is due early July
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 04:58 PM   #5
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Had mine on launch weekend. Tanzanite blue, all options except the carbon brakes.
Appreciate 1
ipuk42.00
      07-26-2021, 01:18 AM   #6
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Had mine on launch weekend. Tanzanite blue, all options except the carbon brakes.
Congrats! I bet it looks splendid: I have a M340 in Tanzanite (the colour is really flattering and distinctive, despite it being a labour of love to maintain) and I'm intrigued to know what folks who have it on the G80 think. When the time comes, I'll be looking to switch up to the M3 but I can already see that I'd be pretty undecided with the current choice of colours. I've only seen IOM Green and Brooklyn Grey in person. What are your impressions of your Tanzanite?

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #7
M4UFO
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 Comp

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [0.00]
I saw a Brooklyn Grey M4 com on Saturday with the carbon pack and now falling in love with the G82, Aaaaaaaah. The owner kindly pulled over as I waved him down as I wanted to see one in the flesh and as many people has said the grille doesn't look that bad close up. I want one now!.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 04:19 PM   #8
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Congrats! I bet it looks splendid: I have a M340 in Tanzanite (the colour is really flattering and distinctive, despite it being a labour of love to maintain) and I'm intrigued to know what folks who have it on the G80 think. When the time comes, I'll be looking to switch up to the M3 but I can already see that I'd be pretty undecided with the current choice of colours. I've only seen IOM Green and Brooklyn Grey in person. What are your impressions of your Tanzanite?
Thanks. The colour certainly is distinctive but a pain to maintain. Even the smaller imperfections really stand out. I think there are a couple of really tiny scapes in the clear coat in my car that I dont have to look really hard to notice. But I think the colour looks really good on the M4. I think the grill and the overall shape and proportions on the car come out best on this colour. Sorry if I am not making sense. Also, I think on lighter colours, the car is more obviously high and needs lowering. But it might just be me. But then both the G8x are a but too high. Also, its more dull in cloudy weather but more vivid in the sun (which we dont get much in this country).
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ661.50
      07-28-2021, 01:34 AM   #9
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmedman View Post
Quote:
Thanks. The colour certainly is distinctive but a pain to maintain. Even the smaller imperfections really stand out. I think there are a couple of really tiny scapes in the clear coat in my car that I dont have to look really hard to notice. But I think the colour looks really good on the M4. I think the grill and the overall shape and proportions on the car come out best on this colour. Sorry if I am not making sense. Also, I think on lighter colours, the car is more obviously high and needs lowering. But it might just be me. But then both the G8x are a but too high. Also, its more dull in cloudy weather but more vivid in the sun (which we dont get much in this country).
In solidarity with you re. the tough maintenance routine that TBII demands! The lightest of swirls and everyday watermarks can be really prominent. But very interesting what you say about it concealing the ride height; from the pictures I've seen, the colour also seems to conceal the grill effectively too (not that the new grill bothers me, but a darker colour like TB definitely helps all the elements of the rather overdesigned front end to look more integrated). I'll definitely consider it again (now narrowing it down to Tanzanite vs IOMG) when the time comes to spec'ing the M3.

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 04:36 PM   #10
madmedman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
In solidarity with you re. the tough maintenance routine that TBII demands! The lightest of swirls and everyday watermarks can be really prominent. But very interesting what you say about it concealing the ride height; from the pictures I've seen, the colour also seems to conceal the grill effectively too (not that the new grill bothers me, but a darker colour like TB definitely helps all the elements of the rather overdesigned front end to look more integrated). I'll definitely consider it again (now narrowing it down to Tanzanite vs IOMG) when the time comes to spec'ing the M3.
I think it does conceal the height a bit because the gap between the wheel and fender is not as noticeable. But dont get me wrong, lowering would make a huge positive impact on the stance of the car. I am planning to do it anyway. But I don't see that its mandatory on this colour. Whenever I look at my car in person, I say to myself, nah the height is fine. But then in the pictures, the ones with lighter colours looks horrendous.

In terms of priority regarding mods, 1. exhaust ,modification, 2. height adjustment.
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ661.50