BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Coding, Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

04-13-2024, 06:20 AM   #133
ItsConnor
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 PB M4 Comp xDrive

Garage List
Same as some others that with midpipe and valve controller, there is 0 difference in burbles IMO. Wouldn’t of even thought about a difference had I not read this thread honestly. Coming from 07/2023.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 05:54 PM   #134
christianb5s4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Built 2001 Audi S4

Same, more I drive on the update the more I'm sure burbles are unchanged.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 05:30 PM   #135
Mike02z
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW M4 Base

Garage List
2024 BMW M4  [10.00]
2024 BMW M4  [0.00]
I’d like to ask a question. Why do so many seem to want the burbles?

I don’t like them for 2 reasons
* They add no HP or Turque and are simply a choice BMW made. Other than sound there is no reason to have these

*Makes the car sound like a clapped out JDM car not a European Sport sedan/ coup.

I’m sure my opinion won’t be popular but I have tuned a lot of cars going back to the early 2000 and I’ve also asked the tuner to tune out any burbles or pops/crackels. I had a 2008 Corvette and after headers and a tune the burbles and pops were very annoying. Took it back to the tuner and he tuned them out. Had a 2015 Corvette that I went hog wild with 11lbs of boost, Meth injection, headers, catless straight exhaust and a Manix triple disk clutch. Car 697 RWHP and 707 RWTQ. Befor I left I asked him if you took the burbles and mini backfires out. He did.

Not looking to put anyone down I just want to know why many folks like these?

I could not tell if you are lower since going from 07.23 to 11.23 as my car is still in the breaking in period so I have not used Sport+ yet.

After breakin service I’m looking at Carbahn for a Femoto unlock and a tune that gets rid of the burbles.
Appreciate 2
      04-14-2024, 11:10 PM   #136
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike02z View Post
I’d like to ask a question. Why do so many seem to want the burbles?

I don’t like them for 2 reasons
* They add no HP or Turque and are simply a choice BMW made. Other than sound there is no reason to have these

*Makes the car sound like a clapped out JDM car not a European Sport sedan/ coup.

I’m sure my opinion won’t be popular but I have tuned a lot of cars going back to the early 2000 and I’ve also asked the tuner to tune out any burbles or pops/crackels. I had a 2008 Corvette and after headers and a tune the burbles and pops were very annoying. Took it back to the tuner and he tuned them out. Had a 2015 Corvette that I went hog wild with 11lbs of boost, Meth injection, headers, catless straight exhaust and a Manix triple disk clutch. Car 697 RWHP and 707 RWTQ. Befor I left I asked him if you took the burbles and mini backfires out. He did.

Not looking to put anyone down I just want to know why many folks like these?

I could not tell if you are lower since going from 07.23 to 11.23 as my car is still in the breaking in period so I have not used Sport+ yet.

After breakin service I’m looking at Carbahn for a Femoto unlock and a tune that gets rid of the burbles.
Burbles are not pops and bangs. Pops and bangs are what sound like clapped out JDM. Burbles are more reminiscent (to me) of more exotic offerings. If you don't like them, that's fine, but many of us do. You're not going to understand, just as we won't understand why you don't like them. That's why opinions are cool
Appreciate 2
Neles185.00
KevinGS3360.50