TheOne
BROKER
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 F82 M4 Competition BSM

Congrats on the new ride.✨
I see you bought it from Parkview.
Was Dave Golding your SA ?

Are you planning to have your front plates drilled?

I've been driving my F82 in Toronto without front plates for 2 years.
Never got a ticket, always just warnings.
I'm always courteous and cooperative.
But for the first time a female officer gave me a ticket a couple of weeks ago. 🙄

Now I'm thinking of maybe a removable & non permanent solution.

Retired : '05 E46 330ci ZHP Sparkling Graphite on Blk | '08 E92 335 Blk on Coral Red | '11 E92 335is Blk on Blk | '15 F82 ///M4 MG on SO
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 12:47 PM   #24
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Congrats! Nice looking whip.
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2021, 12:55 PM   #25
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 230i, 1997 E36 M3

Congrats on the new car! i made this lil clip of you leaving the dealership on the weekend!

https://www.tiktok.com/@denverbmw/vi...from_webapp=v1
Appreciate 1
      03-29-2021, 01:00 PM   #26
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage1 View Post
Looks great. Almost went with the same combo but in some light I found the yellow to be very "flat"
This is because it is actually a non-metallic paint option.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 01:01 PM   #27
DenverBMW
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post

But for the first time a female officer gave me a ticket a couple of weeks ago. 🙄

I believe Austin was his Client Advisor
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 01:01 PM   #28
ct335i
BMW 4 LIFE
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY22 M3xDrive

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [0.00]
Congrats
      03-29-2021, 02:24 PM   #29
MCHLBMR
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition

Car looks great. Really digging the night shot of the interior. 😍
      03-29-2021, 02:52 PM   #30
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
The inside looks awesome - love the blue accent lighting, very futuristic ! Forgive my ignorance, but can you change that to other colors?

How do you like the rev counter going counter clockwise? I am thinking I wouldn't like that, but the interface itself looks sharp. Love the seats too.
      03-29-2021, 03:11 PM   #31
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
The inside looks awesome - love the blue accent lighting, very futuristic ! Forgive my ignorance, but can you change that to other colors?

How do you like the rev counter going counter clockwise? I am thinking I wouldn't like that, but the interface itself looks sharp. Love the seats too.
You can change the interior ambient lighting colors via iDrive.
      03-29-2021, 03:14 PM   #32
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Looks great! The pre-break-in "reduced tune" comment is interesting. Various dealership folk told random people this with the M2C and it really wasn't true...but a couple of folk have mentioned it with our new toys and it's certainly a POSSIBLE.

More of us need to get past break-in, I think...
I believe that is nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 03:21 PM   #33
Ghostriderf80
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Just a Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecemberStorm View Post
Well that was a long enough wait from placing the deposit in September after the unveil! Car was actually at port of entry in Halifax at beginning of the month, but railroad delay and my own timing made it so that I only took delivery today. Specs in my sig, US equiv packages would be exec pack + driver assist + parking assist

A few quick first notes ... all very preliminary as I only have 170km (105mi) on the odo (picked up at 34km) Next step is tint shop, 20% all around I'm thinking would look good.

Exterior
- SPY is very loud (that plus being one of the earlier G8X deliveries I got looks after looks on the drive home). I personally love the lime green hue that it gives off when not under direct sunlight, and works very very well with the YMB interior
- the more GT-like direction is obvious moment you look at it, it's a big car and dwarfs the F87 in my pics below and is beefier looking than the F82 dealer had in the room as well
- Car is long and wide! The lack of strong body lines makes it not as obvious in photos but the stance is quite aggressive and mean in person
- got Pirelli PZ4s ..Still a little chilly in Toronto today (6c/43f) and had some wheelspin in MDM going from a dig
- This car would not look good with front plate mounted in the centre of the grill. Off the shelf mounts right now would either get in the way of a nearby parking sensor or not clear the curved bumper piece. Waiting for US Millwork custom solution Until then, putting it inside windshield, which the heavy police prescience in Toronto today didn't care about
- noticed no light carpet, not sure if it's a setting I haven't found or it doesn't come with...
- i was worried the blue calipers wouldn't look good with SPY but since it's a darker blue it blends in just fine with black 826M rims

Interior
- Carbon bucket seats are shockingly comfy for me at 6'2 and 215lb. Again ingress and egress is the challenge due to the tall leg bolster, but once once in they are very comfy. Perhaps I'm lucky that the contour works for my body but the lack of lumbar support could be bothersome to some.
- Spec'd the YMB extended merino, material quality solid overall but harder plastic in lower door and centre console, a hard knee rest is disappointing. Full leather at 4k cad upcharge wasn't worth it for me but you would get a stitched knee rest at least.
- My S20 Ultra with spigen tough armor case does not fit the wireless charger, but without it it fits fine; thus need a slimmer case. I also find the phone overheating while on the charger and playing Spotify via Android Auto, and that has led to bad bluetooth connection.
- HK stereo lacks bass but sounds clearer relative to the B&O in the S4 I just got out of
- the reverse boomerang gauge is not my cup of tea outside the cool driver assist screen (the self driving features worked well in the short highway trip I used it in); Sport M Mode gauge is much better and brings up the tach on the HUD as well, and you can still configure all the driver assist stuff on except radar cruise

Driving
- hard to make a proper assessment while car is still breaking in but the review comments on linear power delivery, fast steering rack, and general refinement and not-scary-to-drive is very evident on Day 1
- Sport Plus chassis on the shtty Toronto city pavements are a bit much, I find Sport to be decent, M1 I have it on engine sport+, chassis sport, gearbox d2, steering comfort, brake sport (comfort is way too mushy), DSC on
- nice sound with a decent burble tune so far, a lot is piped in however. Will see if things change or improve as car is broken in
- my friend who has a F87 was kind enough to take me for a ride prior so I could have a basis for comparison. The M2C fixed suspension feels firmer than G82 in Sport chassis but tbf I was riding shotgun, and the DCT shifts are way more "obvious", as in even in the shifts are smooth and drama free in the G82, adds to the overall superior refinement which could be a con to some looking for rawness and theatre
- was told prior to break in service car is running at a reduced tune, perhaps that's where some of the "underwhelming" comments come from; also no LC pre break in service either but not that i tried today
- auto start stop is surprisingly well implemented and smooth.. For day to day purpose I'd keep it on if only to reduce NVH at lights
This reminds me of the Audi Yellow back in 99.

I must say the car looks so much better than that M2. Time for some 401 pulls lol....
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 04:33 PM   #34
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostriderf80 View Post
Quote:
Well that was a long enough wait from placing the deposit in September after the unveil! Car was actually at port of entry in Halifax at beginning of the month, but railroad delay and my own timing made it so that I only took delivery today. Specs in my sig, US equiv packages would be exec pack + driver assist + parking assist

A few quick first notes ... all very preliminary as I only have 170km (105mi) on the odo (picked up at 34km) Next step is tint shop, 20% all around I'm thinking would look good.

Exterior
- SPY is very loud (that plus being one of the earlier G8X deliveries I got looks after looks on the drive home). I personally love the lime green hue that it gives off when not under direct sunlight, and works very very well with the YMB interior
- the more GT-like direction is obvious moment you look at it, it's a big car and dwarfs the F87 in my pics below and is beefier looking than the F82 dealer had in the room as well
- Car is long and wide! The lack of strong body lines makes it not as obvious in photos but the stance is quite aggressive and mean in person
- got Pirelli PZ4s ..Still a little chilly in Toronto today (6c/43f) and had some wheelspin in MDM going from a dig
- This car would not look good with front plate mounted in the centre of the grill. Off the shelf mounts right now would either get in the way of a nearby parking sensor or not clear the curved bumper piece. Waiting for US Millwork custom solution Until then, putting it inside windshield, which the heavy police prescience in Toronto today didn't care about
- noticed no light carpet, not sure if it's a setting I haven't found or it doesn't come with...
- i was worried the blue calipers wouldn't look good with SPY but since it's a darker blue it blends in just fine with black 826M rims

Interior
- Carbon bucket seats are shockingly comfy for me at 6'2 and 215lb. Again ingress and egress is the challenge due to the tall leg bolster, but once once in they are very comfy. Perhaps I'm lucky that the contour works for my body but the lack of lumbar support could be bothersome to some.
- Spec'd the YMB extended merino, material quality solid overall but harder plastic in lower door and centre console, a hard knee rest is disappointing. Full leather at 4k cad upcharge wasn't worth it for me but you would get a stitched knee rest at least.
- My S20 Ultra with spigen tough armor case does not fit the wireless charger, but without it it fits fine; thus need a slimmer case. I also find the phone overheating while on the charger and playing Spotify via Android Auto, and that has led to bad bluetooth connection.
- HK stereo lacks bass but sounds clearer relative to the B&O in the S4 I just got out of
- the reverse boomerang gauge is not my cup of tea outside the cool driver assist screen (the self driving features worked well in the short highway trip I used it in); Sport M Mode gauge is much better and brings up the tach on the HUD as well, and you can still configure all the driver assist stuff on except radar cruise

Driving
- hard to make a proper assessment while car is still breaking in but the review comments on linear power delivery, fast steering rack, and general refinement and not-scary-to-drive is very evident on Day 1
- Sport Plus chassis on the shtty Toronto city pavements are a bit much, I find Sport to be decent, M1 I have it on engine sport+, chassis sport, gearbox d2, steering comfort, brake sport (comfort is way too mushy), DSC on
- nice sound with a decent burble tune so far, a lot is piped in however. Will see if things change or improve as car is broken in
- my friend who has a F87 was kind enough to take me for a ride prior so I could have a basis for comparison. The M2C fixed suspension feels firmer than G82 in Sport chassis but tbf I was riding shotgun, and the DCT shifts are way more "obvious", as in even in the shifts are smooth and drama free in the G82, adds to the overall superior refinement which could be a con to some looking for rawness and theatre
- was told prior to break in service car is running at a reduced tune, perhaps that's where some of the "underwhelming" comments come from; also no LC pre break in service either but not that i tried today
- auto start stop is surprisingly well implemented and smooth.. For day to day purpose I'd keep it on if only to reduce NVH at lights
This reminds me of the Audi Yellow back in 99.

I must say the car looks so much better than that M2. Time for some 401 pulls lol....
Def does NOT look better than the M2 lol.
Appreciate 1
Swappy531.50
      03-29-2021, 04:53 PM   #35
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Congratulations!

I'm skeptical about the tune comments the dealer made, I've been hearing that for a long time and it's not true. Not certain about the G8X models, but we've seen pre-break in dynos at 470whp
yea ... from the little hp and tq gauge in the instruments when stepping on it it didn't seem to cap off lower, will pay attention on my drive tonight
      03-29-2021, 04:56 PM   #36
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne View Post

nah i dealt with austin liu like DenverBMW said

I dont plan on mounting it in the middle, i will look into a tow hook plate mount at some point tho. Some pretty heavy police prescience around downtown where I live this weekend and they didn't care about me (for now). But I guess I could use the "bracket not here yet " which is true...
      03-29-2021, 04:58 PM   #37
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBMW View Post
Congrats on the new car! i made this lil clip of you leaving the dealership on the weekend!

https://www.tiktok.com/@denverbmw/vi...from_webapp=v1
LOL ... is your desk upstairs? next time when im there i will come say hi!
      03-29-2021, 05:00 PM   #38
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post

yea the options are fairly limited: bronze, orange, blue, green, and purple , as well as a combo where the dash strip is white but footwell is colored. Def more options in Audis and MBs

Im getting more used to the boomerang rev counter, the M Mode Sport gauge is much more intuitive
      03-29-2021, 05:02 PM   #39
BMthusiast
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM F80 M-DCT

Fresh!!
      03-29-2021, 05:28 PM   #40
tydntydj
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2019 BMW X5 40i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
yea the options are fairly limited: bronze, orange, blue, green, and purple , as well as a combo where the dash strip is white but footwell is colored. Def more options in Audis and MBs

Im getting more used to the boomerang rev counter, the M Mode Sport gauge is much more intuitive
Is it possible to use the M Mode gauge in comfort mode? Even for around town driving, I don't like the boomerang gauges that much.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 05:31 PM   #41
DecemberStorm
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydntydj View Post
Is it possible to use the M Mode gauge in comfort mode? Even for around town driving, I don't like the boomerang gauges that much.
ya the M Mode is just the gauges plus what/if driver assist are on, they are independent of drivetrain settings.

M Mode in Sport is my fav so far. I can have the nicer gauges, tach in the HUD, and can configure what driver assist features I want turned on. AFAIK you can have all but radar cruise engaged in this mode, and if you turn that on, it reverts back to Road M Mode.
      03-29-2021, 05:41 PM   #42
Kingpin4
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i/2019 M2C

Nice write up and great pics. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 05:58 PM   #43
Jeffe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Carrera T 7MT

Beautiful interior and exterior color. That schnoz is a doozy. It's like I have a permanent fish eye effect on my eyeballs every time I look at it and it makes me laugh.

All that matters is that you love it. Enjoy and have fun!

Previous:
2018 Mini Cooper S (F56) (grey/black)6MT
2015 NC Miata club PRHT 6MT
2007 911 Carrera 2 (black/tan) 6MT
2017 Grand Sport (blue/white/red) 7MT
2015 BMW M4 (BSM/SS) 6MT
2011 C63 AMG (black/black) 7A
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 06:07 PM   #44
Rewted
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
this is from a fb group, by default the plate mount goes in middle of the grill.. yuck, told dealer to not drill the holes !
My dude, eventually you'll need to secure the front plate outside. What ya going to do?
Appreciate 0