G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics M3 / M4 Photos, Videos, Builds

03-29-2021, 12:24 PM   #155
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
That's not because it's an overly "good looking" car and more that it's simply the new M3...and paying $30k over MSRP for the g80 means they = rich idiot lol. There will be plenty to go around.
The same dealership selling the M3 for $30k over had a M4 GTS at $50k over sitting in the show room for almost a year.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25034.00
      03-29-2021, 01:10 PM   #156
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCfromOC View Post
Quote:
That's not because it's an overly "good looking" car and more that it's simply the new M3...and paying $30k over MSRP for the g80 means they = rich idiot lol. There will be plenty to go around.
The same dealership selling the M3 for $30k over had a M4 GTS at $50k over sitting in the show room for almost a year.
Typical SoCal dealership nonsense, but they get away with it because people will pay......be it for a BMW M, a Ford Raptor or Toyota 4Runner PRO.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 03:07 PM   #157
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
not liking a design decision DoEsNt mAkE yOu A TrOlL.

The car is fucking ugly. It's not even an unpopular opinion. The majority of people think it's fucking hideous. Every single angle of this car defies everything that stood out as a BMW.

Just because you, the minority, like it, does not make everyone else a troll for calling it like they see it.

I have no interest in the direction they took the m3/m4. And I'm totally fine with my m2c being the last BMW I buy.

Even still, the M5 hasn't been fucked yet... and the X6MC has so far avoided the ugly stick. There are plenty of non ugly piles of shit to buy.
Easy buddy, you might be wrong about the X6MC avoiding the ugly stick. Sure the front looks good, but what did the lights go out when they did the rear?
yeah, the lights on the rear of the new one is a little meh. But not enough to deter me from buying one.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #158
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
... and the X6MC has so far avoided the ugly stick. There are plenty of non ugly piles of shit to buy.
[IMG]https://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...8;d=1585073706[/IMG]

The Pontiac Aztecs of BMWs has no bad angles?

Why don’t you finish your thought with “I MiGhT CoNsIdEr a P CaR beCaUZ IM NeVER buYiNg BMw AgaIN. IM cAnCeLInG ThEM!!”

I might be in the minority. But enough people are paying MSRP (and 30k over) in California and making it really difficult for me to get an allocation.
if you are paying over msrp for a non limited car, you have brain damage.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2021, 03:46 PM   #159
2one3E90
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i and Bmw 328i

Garage List
2010 BMW 328i  [10.00]
2004 BMW Z4   [9.67]
2006 BMW 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
... and the X6MC has so far avoided the ugly stick. There are plenty of non ugly piles of shit to buy.

The Pontiac Aztecs of BMWs has no bad angles?

Why don't you finish your thought with "I MiGhT CoNsIdEr a P CaR beCaUZ IM NeVER buYiNg BMw AgaIN. IM cAnCeLInG ThEM!!"

I might be in the minority. But enough people are paying MSRP (and 30k over) in California and making it really difficult for me to get an allocation.
Why get these when u can get a Used gtr?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 07:41 AM   #160
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Mint condition, title in hand, no low ballers, I know what I have.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2021, 10:56 AM   #161
Jproos
Facts matter
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i (2014), M3 (2021)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
Look closely and you’ll see rednecks are everywhere

Can you define a redneck for me please?
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
Look closely and you'll see rednecks are everywhere

Can you define a redneck for me please?

Whatever your personal definition of it is will work. People are essentially the same everywhere
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 01:42 PM   #162
OSee
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Sold

Quote:
Who here is paying over MSRP?

Also, your continued focus on 'non limited' and 'mass production' is not hurting anyones feelings

I live in an area where Bentley's, Lamborghinis and McLaren's are an everyday common sight...by the dozens. On my 0.4 mile walk up PCH to get a coffee I saw 2 Bentayga's, a 488, a California and a Urus.

There's are Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce dealerships all within a few miles of me.

I'm under no false impression that my incoming G80 is going to be some rare automobile. M3 and M4s are more common than Honda Civics in Orange County and LA. But so are 911s. I'm OK with that.

Last edited by OSee; 03-30-2021 at 01:53 PM..
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25034.00
Frank_NJ560.00
      03-30-2021, 02:46 PM   #163
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:

Also, your continued focus on 'non limited' and 'mass production' is not hurting anyones feelings

I live in an area where Bentley's, Lamborghinis and McLaren's are an everyday common sight...by the dozens. On my 0.4 mile walk up PCH to get a coffee I saw 2 Bentayga's, a 488, a California and a Urus.

There's are Bugatti, McLaren, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, Rolls Royce dealerships all within a few miles of me.

I'm under no false impression that my incoming G80 is going to be some rare automobile. M3 and M4s are more common than Honda Civics in Orange County and LA. But so are 911s. I'm OK with that.
Exactly!! People seem to put BMW in a way to high category. Sorry, IT'S not.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:09 PM   #164
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

continued focus? I don't give a shit what it is it where. if you are paying over sticker for a regular ass m3, you are dumb.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:15 PM   #165
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Agreed! SoCal is ripe with hot whips.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:16 PM   #166
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

continued focus? I don't give a shit what it is it where. if you are paying over sticker for a regular ass m3, you are dumb.
Supply & demand. People pay over sticker for Raptors and 4Runners here too.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:20 PM   #167
msdss
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess if you have money and don't mind setting it on fire then congratulations. alternatively they could wait a few months or get one from another location.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 03:23 PM   #168
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I guess if you have money and don't mind setting it on fire then congratulations. alternatively they could wait a few months or get one from another location.
I agree that it's silly, but people continue to do it, thus, the practice exists.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 04:50 PM   #169
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree that it's silly, but people continue to do it, thus, the practice exists.
yeah look at all those tesla early adopters
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0