home
Technical Sections Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

01-28-2023, 11:38 AM   #1
hellcat2m4
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Competition

ZF Temporary sequential mode no longer working properly

My car had the latest 7/2022 remote update come in, and now it seems like the temporary sequential mode when downshifting in D3 doesn’t work as intended.
I have 1050 or so miles now.

It used to work like this....
Downshift in D3 and this puts you into a temporary manual mode. If it noticed you weren’t giving it gas it would kick you back into D3. However, if you gave it any gas, or changed the gear with the paddles, it would let you stay in the temporary manual mode until it detected no gas or manual gear change.

Now after the update I will downshift in D3, give it some gas and it shifts no matter how much gas after 5 or so seconds. ( I haven’t tested WOT since i'm still in break in, but that wasn’t required before to my knowledge)

Do you think the 7/2022 update intentionally/un-intentionally did this such as possibly an error?

I looked up in the manual and it says below…(the same way my X3M, or even my past hellcats worked with the ZF transmission.)

Temporary sequential mode
"After a shift paddle is actuated in Drive mode, the system temporarily switches to sequential mode.
After conservative driving in sequential mode without acceleration or shifting via the shift paddles for a certain amount of time, the transmission switches back to Drive mode."

Let me know your thoughts or if anyone else has noticed this as I used this mode on rolls, a lot.

Thanks
Appreciate 0