BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #441
faze2988
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_do_it View Post
Now I am paranoid. What if only vehicles flagged as at the port are selected to go on the boat and in transit are assumed to be already on a boat? If so, we just sit at the port indefinitely until they fix glitch error through a physical inventory reconciliation.

If hasnt crossed anyone’s mind, you’re welcome. Ugh.
We will change back to at port soon, most likely tomorrow AM.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:31 PM   #442
mtulls
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Manual

Quote:
Now I am paranoid. What if only vehicles flagged as at the port are selected to go on the boat and in transit are assumed to be already on a boat? If so, we just sit at the port indefinitely until they fix glitch error through a physical inventory reconciliation.

If hasnt crossed anyone’s mind, you’re welcome. Ugh.
I doubt it, they probably have some internal system at the port that genius, us and our ca's are not using or are just deriving partial information from. For what its worth i flipped to in transit then back to at port beginning of march and then again to in transit last thursday and am still marked as in transit. My CA told me the system might have put me in transit since they were working on and completed the RAM install and he said now i am 'staging to be shipped' from what he can see. not entirely sure what that means but hey new statuses are good statuses. means someones doing something with my car. For reference i am build date 2/18 and arrived at port on 2/23
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:45 PM   #443
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP manual (previous)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtulls View Post
I doubt it, they probably have some internal system at the port that genius, us and our ca's are not using or are just deriving partial information from. For what its worth i flipped to in transit then back to at port beginning of march and then again to in transit last thursday and am still marked as in transit. My CA told me the system might have put me in transit since they were working on and completed the RAM install and he said now i am 'staging to be shipped' from what he can see. not entirely sure what that means but hey new statuses are good statuses. means someones doing something with my car. For reference i am build date 2/18 and arrived at port on 2/23
Seems weird to have a separate system that doesnt communicate with the true source. However, its assuring that you and faze2988 dont think we will be left behind due to erronous status.

If the status doesnt change to at port tomorrow, my paranoia will quickly return.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:48 PM   #444
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Quote:
Seems weird to have a separate system that doesnt communicate with the true source. However, its assuring that you and vitpr dont think we will be left behind due to erronous status.

If the status doesnt change to at port tomorrow, my paranoia will quickly return.
I told Faze2988 the same thing. I thing the car got scanned to fix the Ram stop and Garage might not recognize that status and automatically assumes the next step/status. My Sa said my car is still at Bremerhaven. So hopefully is getting loaded today. I still show in transit since this morning.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2022, 06:56 PM   #445
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Seems like there are at least 5 of us in a similar situation. Its helpful to know
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-14-2022, 07:43 PM   #446
mtulls
Private
Rep

i’m just basing this off of my IT knowledge. Typically companies have internal and external systems. MyGarage seems like a very basic external system that populates status in batches which are probably sent to it from some internal system where they have probably 100’s of internal codes and statuses and some rules are used to update MyGarage periodically based off of them. Dealers and genius have a bit more insight but again i would bet they're still 1 level higher than the folks actually at the port scanning the cars and shifting things around. I also bet this system is old as f* and was retrofitted to work with the other ones.

so that… or i can be 100% wrong.
Appreciate 3
Spiffx448.00
vitipr171.00
elkid23265.00
      03-15-2022, 10:55 AM   #447
mtulls
Private
Rep

Manon has left. heading to UK first (17th) then Canada (25th) then NY(27th) then Brunswick (31st) then Charleston (April 1st). Good luck all hope some of us got on.

Last edited by mtulls; 03-15-2022 at 11:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2022, 06:21 PM   #448
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
i’m just basing this off of my IT knowledge. Typically companies have internal and external systems. MyGarage seems like a very basic external system that populates status in batches which are probably sent to it from some internal system where they have probably 100’s of internal codes and statuses and some rules are used to update MyGarage periodically based off of them. Dealers and genius have a bit more insight but again i would bet they're still 1 level higher than the folks actually at the port scanning the cars and shifting things around. I also bet this system is old as f* and was retrofitted to work with the other ones.

so that… or i can be 100% wrong.
Just fishing around and noticed week 3 folks like Highflyingbimmer appear to be experiencing similar issues. Stop sales closed then moved to in transit. However they are still at port. Vitipr and faze2988 Theory on moving to in transit from closing stop order seems to be proven.

Week 3 feel as though their vehicle was lost for the full month of Feb. This makes me think my theory is a possibility

Last edited by Nicky_do_it; 03-15-2022 at 06:28 PM..
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-15-2022, 06:58 PM   #449
skyscraper_g80
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Just got another update, my car is still at Status 193 (Arrival at port or compound). It's been on this since 24 Feb...
      03-16-2022, 01:38 PM   #450
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

My ongoing saga. Called Genius again today. Seems car has been loaded on a vessel, but name of vessel and ETA to NJ not available. Will call back in several days.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 01:42 PM   #451
faze2988
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpdpm View Post
My ongoing saga. Called Genius again today. Seems car has been loaded on a vessel, but name of vessel and ETA to NJ not available. Will call back in several days.
Did they say why they thought the car was loaded on a vessel? Are you still showing in transit on mygarage?
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-16-2022, 05:20 PM   #452
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am still in transit per tracker. Last Friday, Genius said I am still at port but are sometimes two days behind. I will call Friday am for an update. If they say I am still at port, I give up. If they say I am in transit, I will ask for the destination port and vessel.

One can hope.

Last edited by Nicky_do_it; 03-16-2022 at 05:47 PM..
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-16-2022, 06:36 PM   #453
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am still in transit per tracker. Last Friday, Genius said I am still at port but are sometimes two days behind. I will call Friday am for an update. If they say I am still at port, I give up. If they say I am in transit, I will ask for the destination port and vessel.

One can hope.
Back at Port now. For the 3rd time.
Appreciate 1
      03-16-2022, 08:26 PM   #454
simsimma777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitipr View Post
Damn it, me too
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-16-2022, 08:50 PM   #455
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimma777 View Post
Quote:
Damn it, me too
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 09:53 PM   #456
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by faze2988 View Post
Did they say why they thought the car was loaded on a vessel? Are you still showing in transit on mygarage?
Just checked. Back At Port!
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-16-2022, 10:35 PM   #457
mtulls
Private
Rep

same here back at port. Hoping to catch thalatta
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-17-2022, 05:40 AM   #458
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

We are a team. I am at the port as well.

I say these glitches are keeping us from getting on the boat. Reinforces my initial paranoia. Yet, positive thinking because i believe we have a better chance of boarding with an at port status.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 08:35 AM   #459
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:

I say these glitches are keeping us from getting on the boat. Reinforces my initial paranoia. Yet, positive thinking because i believe we have a better chance of boarding with an at port status.
See my story…

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28696939
      03-17-2022, 08:41 AM   #460
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffx View Post
Quote:

See my story…

Have your status ever been In Transit 1 or 2 times? Do you have a stop sale?

At least my CA confirmed Im at Bremerhaven. Hope your car gets transported soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #461
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See my story…

At least my CA confirmed Im at Bremerhaven. Hope your car gets transported soon.
I was "In Transit" only once (I check multiple times every day) right after production, and then switched to "At the Port" on February 2. I was surprised that the transit time was somewhat long for a train trip from factory to port (4-5 days). Shouldn't take more than half a day.

I have not had any stop sales at any point in time (as of this writing).

EDIT (correction): my car was not "In Transit". It went from "Dispatched from factory" to "At the port", which took around 4-5 days.
      03-17-2022, 08:55 AM   #462
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

See my story…

Double-check. My CA also told me that my car was at Bremerhaven sometime ago. Sometimes they don't check. They just assume. Some cars have been shipping from Zeebrugge. Also, a BMW Genius rep earlier this week told that they couldn't disclose port to customers due to privacy. I asked "privacy for whom?" To which he replied "for the port". All ridiculous in my view or just BMW trying to keep customers asking fewer questions by providing less information about how big is the problem.

EDIT: my car isn't even at any port. Therefore, this "privacy" response is either Genius incompetence (most likely) or a deliberate attempt to provide less information.