BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics Pricing, Ordering, Leasing / Purchasing, Delivery

03-17-2022, 08:56 AM   #463
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitipr View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_do_it View Post
We are a team. I am at the port as well.

I say these glitches are keeping us from getting on the boat. Reinforces my initial paranoia. Yet, positive thinking because i believe we have a better chance of boarding with an at port status.
See my story…

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=28696939
Have your status ever been In Transit 1 or 2 times? Do you have a stop sale?

At least my CA confirmed Im at Bremerhaven. Hope your car gets transported soon.
I was "In Transit" only once (I check multiple times every day) right after production, and then switched to "At the Port" on February 2. I was surprised that the transit time was somewhat long for a train trip from factory to port (4-5 days). Shouldn't take more than half a day.

I have not had any stop sales at any point in time (as of this writing).
Interesting… well I went dispatched from factory (2-15, prod. Date) —> at port —> in transit —> at port —-> in transit —- at port (now). Ram stop sale was fixed. In case that helps anyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 09:02 AM   #464
Spiffx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 992 Carrera

Quote:
Interesting… well I went dispatched from factory (2-15, prod. Date) —> at port —> in transit —> at port —-> in transit —- at port (now). Ram stop sale was fixed. In case that helps anyone.
Your car could be in Zeebrugge. It's happened to others' cars that have been in transit twice before shipping over.

Nevertheless, please note that your car will show "In Transit" when it gets loaded onto a vessel, back to "At Port" when it gets unloaded at your destination port in the US, and back "In Transit" when it gets loaded onto a truck to your dealership.
      03-17-2022, 09:34 AM   #465
cbpdpm
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive Conv

Quote:
My exact situation!
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-17-2022, 09:52 AM   #466
simsimma777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i coupe

At this point it seems to me that the cars being held back are affected by some other missing part or issue beyond what we see on the recall tool.

That explains why some move on to get the stop sale fixed at the destination port while the rest get held back, as whatever it is can't be addressed at a VPC.

I'd venture to guess BMW prioritize parts for vehicles on the production line, and if a part is missing, they just move you on to a holding area. As parts come in, new vehicles on the line get priority, and those in purgatory wait for any surpluses to get fixed.

Makes sense from a throughput perspective and reducing the total number of dissatisfied customers, but really sucks for those affected.

The Ukraine stoppages may have helped us in this regard, as a lot of people have gotten their RAMs fixed this week, and hopefully that means whatever else was the issue also got addressed at the same time.

It's also pretty clear that "at port" just means in a parking lot and "in transit" just means not in parking lot lol.
Appreciate 4
vitipr171.00
Spiffx448.00
FLOSS M385.50
      03-17-2022, 10:03 AM   #467
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsimma777 View Post
At this point it seems to me that the cars being held back are affected by some other missing part or issue beyond what we see on the recall tool.

That explains why some move on to get the stop sale fixed at the destination port while the rest get held back, as whatever it is can't be addressed at a VPC.

I'd venture to guess BMW prioritize parts for vehicles on the production line, and if a part is missing, they just move you on to a holding area. As parts come in, new vehicles on the line get priority, and those in purgatory wait for any surpluses to get fixed.

Makes sense from a throughput perspective and reducing the total number of dissatisfied customers, but really sucks for those affected.

The Ukraine stoppages may have helped us in this regard, as a lot of people have gotten their RAMs fixed this week, and hopefully that means whatever else was the issue also got addressed at the same time.

It's also pretty clear that "at port" just means in a parking lot and "in transit" just means not in parking lot lol.
Makes sense since Garage has pre fixed statuses. Im sure they haven't updated it to reflect current post covid process statuses which explains why it went to In Transit but the car was not on a ship. Lets see what happens the next 5-7 days.
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      03-17-2022, 10:09 AM   #468
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP manual (previous)

Quote:

I thought similarly and replied to another thread regarding plant shutdown. Ie probably helps those at port with recall because parts will be supplied to us rather than new assemblies
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      03-17-2022, 10:30 AM   #469
faze2988
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Your username made me lol. Pure gold. Old school!
Appreciate 1
      03-17-2022, 11:01 AM   #470
simsimma777
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by faze2988 View Post
Your username made me lol. Pure gold. Old school!
Ha thanks! I wonder who’s got the keys to our Beamers lol
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 03:07 PM   #471
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Wonderful…so its possible to be more ambiguous. Vehicles could be at a plant, a port, in transit, at the destination port. We dont know nor will genius be able to tell us. I recall someone saying at least BMW has a portal. I say so what?

Last edited by Nicky_do_it; 03-17-2022 at 03:17 PM..
Appreciate 1
Spiffx448.00
      03-21-2022, 11:33 AM   #472
jetspeedb
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

182 today.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:40 AM   #473
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedb View Post
182 today.
194 days since I put my order/deposit. 🥳
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:49 AM   #474
jetspeedb
Private
Rep
Drives: G83

Quote:
Nuts. I was only around 30 days in QC. Orig prod date was 2/18.
Appreciate 1
vitipr171.00
      03-21-2022, 11:52 AM   #475
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetspeedb View Post
Quote:
Nuts. I was only around 30 days in QC. Orig prod date was 2/18.
I got production # on 12/16 and prod date was 2/15. 3/21still at port. Feels it has been forever.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #476
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
What are you guys destination ports?
NJ/NY for me. I really didnt think it mattered whether I was in NY/NJ or Baltimore as distance is about the same. However, I called Genius today because its been about 2 weeks since I called the last time. I always had a reason to call because status seemed to have a glitch due to recall. I havent called much but think I have exhausted my questions at this point.

Maybe on not such the bright side, they said my car has been at port since 3/16. It initially was at port mid Feb at least I thought. Back to the end of the line. I hear it doesnt work that way but that is what's in my head
      03-23-2022, 10:21 AM   #477
faze2988
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky_do_it View Post
NJ/NY for me. I really didnt think it mattered whether I was in NY/NJ or Baltimore as distance is about the same. However, I called Genius today because its been about 2 weeks since I called the last time. I always had a reason to call because status seemed to have a glitch due to recall. I havent called much but think I have exhausted my questions at this point
At this point there is nothing to do but wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:28 AM   #478
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
At this point there is nothing to do but wait.
At least, I wont have the itch to check the status until 3/31. There are several ships going to Baltimore over next few days. I was hoping to be surprised but can rule that out now
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 01:32 PM   #479
Brpnw17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' G80 XDrive DG

Quote:
241 for me..ugh lol
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 01:33 PM   #480
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brpnw17 View Post
Quote:
241 for me..ugh lol
Wow I feel you. Still at port?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:21 PM   #481
Brpnw17
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22' G80 XDrive DG

Quote:
On my way to California but i still have the RAM stop sale to have fixed there. Im pessimistic that i wont receive the car until late April/May. Hard not to be these days, but i guess we're still luckier than some.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 02:24 PM   #482
vitipr
Vitipr
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
On my way to California but i still have the RAM stop sale to have fixed there. Im pessimistic that i wont receive the car until late April/May. Hard not to be these days, but i guess we're still luckier than some.
Oh at least! Thats better than still at port.

On a positive note for me, Ram stop got closed. Hopefully I receive it under 250 days. 😂
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 03:08 PM   #483
Nicky_do_it
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
241 for me..ugh lol
I havent been waiting nearly as long as my order was in Nov. However, my deposit was 2016 ZCP. They sold in a week.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2022, 10:20 AM   #484
FLOSS M
///M3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3 X-Drive

Ordered 9/4 with allocation ... arrived at port of departure on 3/21
No ships until April 3 & 4 stopping in NY/NJ port
Appreciate 0