BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-14-2024, 05:40 PM   #1
G80XOK
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Competition

Not too happy with the parts from cvrbonized/wesley shum

Was highly referred in the Facebook groups. For the money I was expecting better. I’m a dealer for apr performance and I get that nothing will be like oem but some of this stuff is just horrible

Had issues from the beginning
Sent me replacements for everything
Still pretty unhappy with quality and Fitment
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 06:50 PM   #2
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by G80XOK View Post

Was highly referred in the Facebook groups.
That facebook group is a walled garden for him, all negative posts are deleted. While he does try to accommodate you with replacing parts his supplier has b-grade parts at best.
The foam around the air vents can be sort of fixed by pushing it in with a wedger, but the rest can't.
See if he will accept returns, he does have a fitment guarantee it seems. If you paid with paypal file a claim about poor fitment, if he says no you already installed it cant return it... but how else will you know if it fits if you don't install it? Try it.

Quote:
We have a 30-day return policy, which means you have 30 days after receiving your item to request a return. Returns are ONLY allowed for the following reason, defects that is not able to be solved between both parties, major shipping damages(we will cover all minor repairs), major delays or fitment issues on our products. If you wish to return a product otherwise you will be charged a 20% restock fee. Restocking Fee will also applied if you have Buyers Remorse, please make sure you 100% want the product before purchasing!
There's two other posts about him recently
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2096861
https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2097157
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:08 PM   #3
G80XOK
Rep

Tried telling him I wasn’t happy and wanted to return everything, gave me the runaround. Told him I would post photos of the quality of the parts and his whole demeanor changed and asked why I would post publicly about it when he was trying to make it right. That being Said, these are the replacements I received and still not happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:23 PM   #4
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Tried telling him I wasn’t happy and wanted to return everything, gave me the runaround. Told him I would post photos of the quality of the parts and his whole demeanor changed and asked why I would post publicly about it when he was trying to make it right. That being Said, these are the replacements I received and still not happy.
Tell him he has two choices, take everything back or you file a claim with paypal or your credit card. There's no appeasing him, while he does want to help but he just doesn't understand that sending you junk won't fix the issue of low quality parts.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 07:30 PM   #5
thatguyM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4

I can see those sensors will give you some false readings being crooked like that . the sensor mount will need to come off and recentered correctly .
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 11:22 PM   #6
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

The Facebook post is heating up https://www.facebook.com/story.php?i...88803551214670
I imagine he'll cave in and return your money, then he'll delete the whole post.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 11:52 PM   #7
G80XOK
Rep

Sure hope so, I’d be happy with proper fitting parts. Too many issues from the beginning to even want to continue doing business with him.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 04:20 AM   #8
domino_z
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F-Pace SVR

Chinese parts be china’ing
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 06:36 AM   #9
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
Chinese parts be china’ing
All carbon pretty much comes from China, some from Taiwan also. Just depends who's making it, some are lower quality and it's pretty hard to judge because dishonest sellers will only show the highest quality on their site.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 08:14 AM   #10
revhard74
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

They already starting deleting posts on that thread. The moderator and him probably stroking each other
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 08:19 AM   #11
revhard74
Rep

Just got booted from the group 😂.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 09:57 AM   #12
kyleyu059
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

I mentioned about he probably paid enough to the group admin to not only feature him on approved vendor list and help him delete negative post and comments
Now my comment is gone. 😂Lol
Appreciate 1
      04-15-2024, 10:29 AM   #13
revhard74
Rep

🤣🤣🤣
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
forcefed2567.00
      04-15-2024, 02:02 PM   #14
forcefed
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Seems the comments are locked now, surprise surprise.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 02:41 PM   #15
kyleyu059
Private
Rep
Drives: G80 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by forcefed View Post
Seems the comments are locked now, surprise surprise.
It's completely normal for any business to have negative feedback and sometimes product quality issues.. (especially carbon fiber, as long as the business handles it properly w/ customers)
But when the admin would full-on support a shady business like that, not even allowing comments, it's just insane...
Ofc that admin probably collected a shit ton of money from the vendor, not the members lol
      04-15-2024, 02:58 PM   #16
TselaG80
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: SMB G80 M3 X-Drive

this is exactly why when i ordered my car, the carbon exterior was a must! Didnt want to have this issue, and the other carbon parts were from trusted places like Vorsteiner, RSC, MHC etc.

i had a blemish on my Vorsteiner grill and they sent a replacement out right away.

hopefully this all get handled for you OP!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 02:59 PM   #17
Sp2pilot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 G80M3CX

Quote:
Not too happy with the parts from cvrbonized/wesley shum
Appreciate you posting this up. I was tempted to order a carbon/led wheel from him. He was very responsive in answering all my questions, should have known it was to good to be true lol
Glad I didn't order anything
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 03:00 PM   #18
G80XOK
Rep

He’s responsive until you have an issue. Quick to take an order and answer questions. Still waiting on his response to these issues
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 07:37 PM   #19
Wesley_Cvrbonized
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i

This is Wesley here. This is my side of the story.

OP bought a full aero set from us. 2 parts were broken during delivery and he was not happy with the quality of our CSL badge. From the START. I offered to send a new badge, and replacement for the cracked parts. There was no “attitude change”.

Customer didn’t want to mess with taking the badge off, we sent him a new grill. Along with the rest of his replacements. I believe that because we rushed on sending the new grill the glue for the PDC sensors did not hold properly causing it to shift. I take full responsibility for that. I should of made sure it was perfect. I also offered him a completely free diffuser trim for the troubles, I paid extra to expidite it to him so he wouldn’t be sitting on bad parts.

I have accommodated the best I could to this customer. I sent him updates WHENEVER I had the chance besides this weekend where I was away and was not on my phone whatsoever. I have attached the conversation. As a business owner, I know that nothing can come out perfect but it’s how you handle the situation afterwards. I believe I did everything I could in my power to set this straight. Yes this order did not go as smoothly as most of our orders, and i understand where the frustration is coming from. But I also believe I did all the right steps and necessary things and went above what was needed as well by offering a free part that vendors retain at $400-500 USD.

There’s 2 sides to every story.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 07:38 PM   #20
Wesley_Cvrbonized
United_States
Rep

Quote:
When did I give you the run around? Please show proof before making claims…
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 07:41 PM   #21
Wesley_Cvrbonized
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleyu059 View Post
It's completely normal for any business to have negative feedback and sometimes product quality issues.. (especially carbon fiber, as long as the business handles it properly w/ customers)
But when the admin would full-on support a shady business like that, not even allowing comments, it's just insane...
Ofc that admin probably collected a shit ton of money from the vendor, not the members lol
How am I running a shady business? I sent him replacements right away, I offered free parts for the customer.
I tried to the best of my ability to fix these problems. A shady business would just let the customer deal with these problems themselves.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 11:24 PM   #22
G80XOK
Rep

It’s not just the parking sensors not fitting right.
Then acc section you suggested I remove it and lock tight it, whatever that means

The vents you suggested I “adjust”. What am I going to adjust? The foam around the vents just isn’t acceptable. Ipurchased these parts from you because you said they would fit perfect as you’ve told other people they do.
I was missing items because you or whoever you use to ship sent them to the wrong person. Then without telling me, you attempted to have that person ship me those parts.

I had you call me I can go over all these issues over a FaceTime conversation in which I showed you the parts that were damaged. I let you know I was pissed off about the grill and the quality. You suggested I remove the acc section and “glue” it back because it was already coming off the grill assembly.Again, why would I purchase parts that need to be screwed/glued/silted or whatever you suggested I do? Your return policy states you accept returns for parts that don’t fit properly. The grill and the vents didn’t properly. It’s just a shame that I’m not the only one this happened to. Just simply dont tell people your parts fit perfect when they clearly don’t. Like I said before had I known this I wouldn’t have made a purchase from you.
Appreciate 1