home
Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #1
RUNSOK
Private
Rep
Drives: 24 M4 COMP XDRIVE

Tint cure period??

I have a question for all of you especially leaving in the colder climate. Never got any of my cars tinted before. How long does it take for the tint to cure. I dropped the car off and waited for 4hrs for the job to complete. I definitely did the right choice on the percentage. Car looks great from far away, but when you get close to it windows look like as if someone did not dry them up right. Shop told me it is completely normal and needs to cure. It is a very reputable shop by the way. My car was probably the one with the lowest MSRP. LOL. How long would this take to cure especially 35-degree weather. Car sits in a garage but still it is 45 degrees at best. will it help to keep driving the car and heaters on? It has been like 2 hrs and I don't see no change at all.

thx all
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
smuttana
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21' G80 M3 Comp

Sometimes it can take a few days for the tint to fully adhere. It helps to park in the sun as well
Appreciate 1
RUNSOK237.00
      04-05-2024, 01:33 PM   #3
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

In cold without any sun, it can take a few days. Don’t use the windows for at minimum a week and if you can help it, leave it out in the sun a bit if you can. All small bubbles or minor imperfections (if you have any) will go away as it cures and so will the cloudiness or anything else like that that you’re seeing, as long as it’s not an install issue. Generally it’s better to get tinting done in the summer months when it’s warmer out so it can cure in a day or two, and it still may for you, but give it time. Worse thing that you’d want to happen is you think it’s good and you roll a window down and have issues. Give it a few days to a week and that should be sufficient most definitely… especially with some sun on it.
Appreciate 1
RUNSOK237.00
      04-05-2024, 01:33 PM   #4
RUNSOK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuttana View Post
Sometimes it can take a few days for the tint to fully adhere. It helps to park in the sun as well
thx.. Problem is I haven't seen sun 4 dam days around here.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 01:35 PM   #5
RUNSOK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
In cold without any sun, it can take a few days. Don’t use the windows for at minimum a week and if you can help it, leave it out in the sun a bit if you can. All small bubbles or minor imperfections (if you have any) will go away as it cures and so will the cloudiness or anything else like that that you’re seeing, as long as it’s not an install issue. Generally it’s better to get tinting done in the summer months when it’s warmer out so it can cure in a day or two, and it still may for you, but give it time. Worse thing that you’d want to happen is you think it’s good and you roll a window down and have issues. Give it a few days to a week and that should be sufficient most definitely… especially with some sun on it.
Thx. I assume it is okay to wash outside of the car??
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2024, 01:50 PM   #6
SwankPeRFection
Captain
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNSOK View Post
Thx. I assume it is okay to wash outside of the car??
Yeah, that’s fine. And it’s possible what you’re seeing is soap residue spray on the outside of the windows because they put the film on the outside to shape it and also cut it to size and then it gets separated from the protective layer and put on the inside. Just don’t wipe or spray anything on the inside of the windows.
Appreciate 1
RUNSOK237.00
      04-05-2024, 01:56 PM   #7
RUNSOK
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankPeRFection View Post
Yeah, that’s fine. And it’s possible what you’re seeing is soap residue spray on the outside of the windows because they put the film on the outside to shape it and also cut it to size and then it gets separated from the protective layer and put on the inside. Just don’t wipe or spray anything on the inside of the windows.
Oh I see... that makes perfect sense. Thanks. Feel better 😌
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 01:44 AM   #8
satin.g82
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNSOK View Post
I have a question for all of you especially leaving in the colder climate. Never got any of my cars tinted before. How long does it take for the tint to cure. I dropped the car off and waited for 4hrs for the job to complete. I definitely did the right choice on the percentage. Car looks great from far away, but when you get close to it windows look like as if someone did not dry them up right. Shop told me it is completely normal and needs to cure. It is a very reputable shop by the way. My car was probably the one with the lowest MSRP. LOL. How long would this take to cure especially 35-degree weather. Car sits in a garage but still it is 45 degrees at best. will it help to keep driving the car and heaters on? It has been like 2 hrs and I don't see no change at all.

thx all
Left my car to get wrapped on a monday evening picked it up on a tuesday evening. On the way home I went to starbucks and rolled down the window in the drive thru and it was fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 12:49 PM   #9
RUNSOK
Private
Rep

Quick Update on the cure process. Wow what a difference 24 hr makes. Everything looks as it should. Very few bubbles left. Trying to soak it under the sun whenever the mother nature allows. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 12:52 PM   #10
Th3DarkSide
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

3-5 days. Don’t “roll” down the windows.
Appreciate 1
RUNSOK237.00