BMW M3 and M4 - The Icons
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
G80 BMW M3 and M4 General Topics BMW M3 (G80), M4 (G82), CSL and 3.0 CSL General Forum

05-07-2023, 08:05 PM   #89
Emtoo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C Buyer

All - Any chance we could move past the negative comments vs anti negative comments debate and return to discussing the CS please?
Appreciate 3
24M3CS142.50
M3 boi3211.00
      05-07-2023, 08:15 PM   #90
cryan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtoo View Post
All - Any chance we could move past the negative comments vs anti negative comments debate and return to discussing the CS please?
Right? Can someone just let me know when this thread gets back to CS content?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 08:17 PM   #91
Bonziii82
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen White 24 M3 CS

Beautiful car OP -- I'm happy that you're happy.

Looking forward to more content!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 08:45 PM   #92
pc93
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: G80 BMW M3

Thanks for the photos, it looks tough! Enjoy the new whip.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 09:10 PM   #93
Indo Rider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmwFanBoy94 View Post
Lol this has to be the most stupid comment I’ve read so far.

“I don’t give a flip about CS CSL” but you’d be happy to have one 🤭

“It’s annoying you” but proceeds to read OP review and is “glad he loves it”

“Wishes it had a separate forum” but proceeds to type a whole paragraph on the page, surprisingly including a single compliment to OP 🤦‍♂️

It seems like there is a lot of bitter people on this page
I invited it, but realize that you posted just to try to insult me. I got nothing against OP. Glad I made you laugh.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 01:22 AM   #94
beamlord
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 m3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
CS will be worth it. It’s a little hardcore and special. It needs extra effort to get the extra weight off and make it that extra special.

Why are there some idiots debating this?
Better question, why are there idiots who are calling other people idiots? Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and if someone doesn't think it's special, they're not idiots.
Rather those who attack them for their opinion. Now take a deep breath and think before you insult others just because you disagree.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 01:33 AM   #95
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine535Msport View Post
For those of you with your negativity and not supporting a fellow member on his purchase, clearly says a lot of the type of person you are. You are what’s wrong in general with this world.
Yes, why all the negative comments? The OP has a great car and it looks amazing enjoy!
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 01:34 AM   #96
techbb
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

“Objectivity” is subjective

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
Car “feeling special” is very subjective. Even just fact that CS is very limited makes it special in certain way.
I am still waiting on M3 XDrive to be built and I know that car will be special to me.
It’s ok if someone feels special about certain model. Like someone said above this is not objective review by car magazine. This is people celebrating special cars to them.
The irony is that even car journalists usually aren’t objective, otherwise they would be consistent in their opinions; just the word “opinions” already implies subjectivity. Plus, we tend to value the opinions of car journalists whose views align with our own or what we like; it’s a natural and subconscious thing.

I agree that people are celebrating special cars to them in the same way people bemoan cars that don’t feel special to them. I never quite get why people like the previous person make efforts to deflate others’ excitement. It wreaks of envy.

I hope you get your M3 soon. I’m sure it will feel special when you finally get that call that it’s ready for delivery.
Appreciate 1
kgelfen3602215.50
      05-08-2023, 01:40 AM   #97
techbb
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
The people who buy the “special feeling” car and drive it don’t care what people think about it (like myself with the M5 CS I bought).

I couldn’t care less if when I say it feels special, someone says “oh he’s just saying that could the spec sheet is the same as an M5C”.
It’s because you know it’s special . Plus, you’re buying the car for you, not for them.

The truth is that most people who criticise are often people who either don’t own or have driven one.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2023, 01:58 AM   #98
techbb
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Agreed on the spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2024M3CS View Post

My only complaint. The unattractive front carbon fiber lip/spoiler. It makes the car way too low and more than likely will get damaged. I don't think it will take a speed bump and is at least an inch lower than my 911. To me it's pointless and unattractive and cuts back the usability of driving this car more. I am exploring how to take it off, if you can, and its not held on my adhesive.
First of all, congrats on your new car; it looks lovely.

I’ve just been told on Thursday that I’ve been allocated one in Brooklyn Grey and can’t wait for delivery.

I agree completely on the spoiler though. That’s the only part of the car that when I look at it, I wonder why BMW designed it like that. It looks a bit gimmicky and definitely impractical from a durability perspective.

I’ve driven the M3 & M4 Competition, which are great cars but I’m looking forward to driving the M3 CS. I’ll post pics as soon as I get my hands on it.
Appreciate 1
      05-08-2023, 02:41 AM   #99
xeroneone
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G80 M3 xDrive Competition

Soon pretty.

Congrats dude!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 02:43 AM   #100
SolarTrans
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Congrats OP, very nice spec. Black looks great on this CS

Can’t wait to see some side-by-side comparisons of the xdrive and CS.

I like my adaptive cruise and 360 cameras so much for congested highways and tight city parking. Hard to imagine downgrading those features for me in a daily—but no prob I’m sure for a weekend ride
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 02:45 AM   #101
LazyM5
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

If you guys are done fighting I’d like to bring your attention to the fact that G80 front grille is still dumpster fire ugly (CS or not)
Appreciate 1
dezzracer1182.50
      05-08-2023, 05:57 AM   #102
BmwFanBoy94
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by techbb View Post
First of all, congrats on your new car; it looks lovely.

I’ve just been told on Thursday that I’ve been allocated one in Brooklyn Grey and can’t wait for delivery.

I agree completely on the spoiler though. That’s the only part of the car that when I look at it, I wonder why BMW designed it like that. It looks a bit gimmicky and definitely impractical from a durability perspective.

I’ve driven the M3 & M4 Competition, which are great cars but I’m looking forward to driving the M3 CS. I’ll post pics as soon as I get my hands on it.
Nice!

When’s it due?

Add your spec to the M3CS owners page and I’ll add you to the list!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 06:43 AM   #103
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Lol, this forum starts to look like a gathering of snowflakes. If you post something against, you either can’t afford one, either you hate, either you are whatever.
People today cannot take a comment like a man or accept another opinion. Many look like a bunch of girls around the corner hurt for the comment that their dresses are bad looking.

I have several cars in my portfolio and not all of them are super cute to everyone. I have openly accepted any comment without developing a personal grudge about it as even for me are not necessarily perfect from every angle.
And criticism is good for everyone’s sake and any conversation, even contradictory, is in the end, constructive. I would hate a “sterile” kissing but forum.
If you are a snowflake and you can’t take it I feel sorry for you. Grow up.

In the end, I think that technologically is a phenomenal car. But I never liked the new design, especially the grill, that is in this case worse as is more obvious by the red color (which doesn’t blend with anything). I just think that there are too many colors happening in that car. Red, yellow, blue, grey and black only in front with gold wheels seems a little bit too much for my taste.
Either way, if the owner likes it, that’s what matters. Enjoy it in good health!
Appreciate 4
LSM1118.00
Tallest1307.00
chenry2357.50
BigHunk269.50
      05-08-2023, 06:43 AM   #104
4DRS55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: GTF80,718GT4,TVG80,G05X5

More CS content please!!

Create another thread of why you wouldn’t buy a CS so you guys can spend your afternoon bickering back and forth.

More about the car please!
I’m surprised there aren’t any journalists or even YouTube reviews yet.
Appreciate 8
Emtoo370.50
24M3CS142.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
pc9343.50
      05-08-2023, 07:12 AM   #105
ChrisM4
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Comp X-Drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DRS55 View Post
More CS content please!!

Create another thread of why you wouldn’t buy a CS so you guys can spend your afternoon bickering back and forth.

More about the car please!
I’m surprised there aren’t any journalists or even YouTube reviews yet.
Exactly, start another thread…there’s a time and a place for that and it’s not in this thread.

OP - Do you notice any suspension tuning differences between the two cars?
      05-08-2023, 07:13 AM   #106
M3LISSA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 COMP/SOLD

I just saw this exact same car in the dealership at Turnersville. It was sold within hours of arriving at it I believe.. congratulations

2011 E90 M3 Competition // Alpine White // ESS // RPI // 20" BBS LM's, blah blah

2021 G80 M3 Competition // Brooklyn Grey // KW Suspension // 12mm Spacers all around // Resonator Delete
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 07:52 AM   #107
ErikJ1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Uh… really?
No one winning is ever hateful?

Hmm… where’ve you been since 2016?
We need to have a talk.

I have no idea the comment that got you upset btw, only know that the term “winning” was literally used as a dunk on others.

So… :bs:

Pretty sure that being hateful is kinda like the currency du jour for a lot of people, regardless of their economic/social standing.

Also, just as a matter of logic lol…
Ahem, if he doesn’t care about money and the value of things because he is “winning” so much, then he may not have worked TOO hard.

I respect your opinions though, sir.
Even the ones that don’t make any sense.

All that being said, I’m of the opinion you shouldn’t come into someone’s thread and shit on their purchase. That is a lame thing to do, and you look like an ass. It’s not a general CS “what do you think” thread, it’s someone who bought the car and now has it.

The only thing to say if you are going to say anything at all is, congrats man!

Nice car!
(Which it is and I hope OP loves it.)
Well said..another thing this place does is shit on car prices I the FS section. Berating people over the asking price of thier car would get u banned back in the M3F.net days..

Love you CS..would grab it in a second if I could swing it $$$ wise..which I cant..grrr
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      05-08-2023, 08:02 AM   #108
dezzracer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamlord View Post
I think the main issue that got many people somehow triggered was the OPs sentence about how "MUCH MORE substantial and better the car is over the "regular m3".

Now, I drove the m3cs extensively, once for a test drive and once for a full day as I have an extremely good relationship with my dealer and he can arrange various dealer demo cars for me including Alpina XB7 etc.
And I call bullshit on "much more substantial", that's just not true. It's certainly a bit faster but not at a level of a "whole different car".
In fact, it drives like the m3 pretty much just feels a bit more agile and that's the weight difference.
Which is great. But it's nothing you would ever experience much on your normal drive, especially with speed limits in the US.

So, in the end it's everyone's personal preference and it's fine to get one or the other, but pretending the price difference justifies the performance of the car is just a totally moot point. Is it a special car? No doubt. Will it be a great resale value? Unless it's a limited edition, no, it won't. Proven by previous gen pretty much. In Europe, CS are sitting there actually in stock at MSRP at dealers, I can share a link if you don't believe it.

I can bet serious money that with mods under 6k I will make any m3cx obliterate a stock m3cs decisively. Throw in another 10k and you can make it also look like a CS, including the hideous front lip. Useless point, I know.
...Just like saying that it's a "way more substantial car".

So, once again, congrats on your new car and enjoy it. Possibly without calling most [...]
Of course for “under $6k” you can make a base car “obliterate” a CS. All you have to do is have better skills, knowledge and experience than Factory M test drivers and engineers that spend months going back and forth testing and adjusting and coding. Im also sure you have the equipment, acsess to parts, coding software, tools, racetrack acsess , and the money and free time to design a much better and more capable performance car than BMW. Of course you do. Very impressive.
Appreciate 6
      05-08-2023, 08:27 AM   #109
Dr.Crap
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Thanks for posting the pics and your initial impression. I suppose the real test will be after the 1200 mile service. I have a RWD G80 M3 already and will be trading it in within a year for this model. I am reliant on some genuine opinions and reviews to understand if it's in the same league of upgrade as the M5 CS. As adults we are more than capable of understanding bias. If all the reviews say 'not worth it' I probably won't go ahead as I'm buying it to drive every day but need a 4 door.

Whilst we all have different reasons for buying the car, if it was about straight line speed, a modded M3x would do the same as a modded CS. I'm pretty sure most people are buying it for the way it allegedly drives especially on the back of how sweet the setup was on the M5 CS compared to the M5C.

Finally price. The car is massively more expensive in Europe compared to the UK and US (cheapest). However some of the price increases suggested seem to be utter fiction at least for the UK. The M3x with the ulti pack, race tyres and the M drivers pack in the UK is just over 100k so the price difference is 18k not 30K or 40K (appreciate this may not be the same in other countries and there is also the cost of change if relevant). I know that is not an exact comparison but its as close as you can get. In the UK a CS from 2018 retails at 15-18k more than a Comp, so you should lose the same amount of money - which is ALOT!!

Looking forward to more opinions/pics/videos about the CS from owners, it's nice to see the non-haters outnumber the others
Appreciate 4
      05-08-2023, 01:27 PM   #110
Evinrude1975
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 CS '24

[QUOTE="Dr.Crap;30110472"]Thanks for posting the pics and your initial impression. I suppose the real test will be after the 1200 mile service. I have a RWD G80 M3 already and will be trading it in within a year for this model. I am reliant on some genuine opinions and reviews to understand if it's in the same league of upgrade as the M5 CS. As adults we are more than capable of understanding bias. If all the reviews say 'not worth it' I probably won't go ahead as I'm buying it to drive every day but need a 4 door.

Whilst we all have different reasons for buying the car, if it was about straight line speed, a modded M3x would do the same as a modded CS. I'm pretty sure most people are buying it for the way it allegedly drives especially on the back of how sweet the setup was on the M5 CS compared to the M5C.

Finally price. The car is massively more expensive in Europe compared to the UK and US (cheapest). However some of the price increases suggested seem to be utter fiction at least for the UK. The M3x with the ulti pack, race tyres and the M drivers pack in the UK is just over 100k so the price difference is 18k not 30K or 40K (appreciate this may not be the same in other countries and there is also the cost of change if relevant). I know that is not an exact comparison but its as close as you can get. In the UK a CS from 2018 retails at 15-18k more than a Comp, so you should lose the same amount of money - which is ALOT!!

Looking forward to more opinions/pics/videos about the CS from owners, it's nice to see the non-haters outnumber the others

You are spot on.
A fully loaded m3 comp is going to cost less than a CS here in USA (msrp). But not too much. At the end I’m positively sure the CS holds its value better.
Appreciate 1